Kudos to the makers of Realistic Battle Mod and

Users who are viewing this thread

I've reverted back to 1.5.9 and thought I'd try out this mod since I've read many good things about it. I've got to say, it's bloody marvelous.

Tournaments are now pretty damn challenging especially at the start because armour really does something and the AI are like Bruce Lee with the nunchucks. Fighting lords in their fancy armour can be difficult when you're doing 2-3 damage per hit. You have to go for the eyes boo!

Battles are great too. Horse archers actually do what they used to do and keep a respectful distance from infantry.

It's like a whole new game. Armour values actually make sense too (for the most part).

Well done!

Still trying to grasp in what context does one call their prospective reader “boo” after telling them they “have to go for the eyes”...?

I've reverted back to 1.5.9 and thought I'd try out this mod since I've read many good things about it. I've got to say, it's bloody marvelous.

Tournaments are now pretty damn challenging especially at the start because armour really does something and the AI are like Bruce Lee with the nunchucks. Fighting lords in their fancy armour can be difficult when you're doing 2-3 damage per hit. You have to go for the eyes boo!

Battles are great too. Horse archers actually do what they used to do and keep a respectful distance from infantry.

It's like a whole new game. Armour values actually make sense too (for the most part).

Well done!

Archers are ridiculously OP with this mod, no thanks. For people wanting to see their archers killing everything in seconds from the distance, playing 0 challenging and boring battles, yes, this mod is good for them.

Archers are ridiculously OP with this mod, no thanks. For people wanting to see their archers killing everything in seconds from the distance, playing 0 challenging and boring battles, yes, this mod is good for them.
You have a mod conflict or did not install the mod properly.
On the contrary, in RBM archers are nowhere near Elven sharpshooters and arrows cannot magically penetrate plate armours from 2 km away.

Are you kidding? I'm using the best arrows and a War bow but sometimes I'm only doing 3 damage against Cataphracts.

Well, maybe something has changed in the last mod releases. I tested this mod some months ago and this was the result:

Vanilla:

Realistic Battle Mod:

Maybe something has changed after almost a year, but it looked like the mod's author liked see archers being OP, so I stopped to use that mod. I am going to give it a try again.

Maybe something has changed after almost a year, but it looked like the mod's author liked see archers being OP, so I stopped to use that mod. I am going to give it a try again.
I can see that your archers are Palatine Guards. They do not have silk capes, so I guess you have not installed the unit overhaul module for RBM, i.e. you are either on vanilla units or have some other troop mod. While RBM unit overhaul is considered fully optional, it is made with all balance changes from combat and AI modules in mind, so I suppose It is mandatory If you want to get the full RBM experience.

I have no other combat related mods except RBM (with all additional modules). My Palatine Guards DO NOT one-shot everything, only lightly/non-armoured low tier troops. Anything with at least a mail armour and a shield is much more resilient to arrows in RBM. In fact, in RBM Imperial range troops are relatively weak at shooting, but VERY good in melee. Faction balancing reasons I guess.

Anyway, I am still sure you have a mod conflict or have failed to properly install the mod. Thus, it doesn't work as intended.

BTW, mod authors never liked OP archers. In RBM they nerfed them greatly with overhauled armour values, new range weapon physics, arrow weights etc.

In general RBM is designed to be as historically (and real life) accurate as possible, while staying in the engine limits, of course.

Last edited:
I tested this mod some months ago and this was the result:
I forgot to mention that the mod is being updated VERY frequently. Sometimes at a daily basis literally. The version you played is critically outdated.
I suggest you make a clean BL install, get an up-to-date RBM with all sub modules, and abstain from other combat/army/troop overhaul mods before making any judgements.

RBM is a must to have. I confirm, with this mod archer are more realistic. An arrow cant penetrate a plate armor. You cant one shot a guy with armor with a double hand sword. Thats is only fiction on movies. Its one of the reason why i love RBM. And sorry for my poor english. ?

RBM is a must to have. I confirm, with this mod archer are more realistic. An arrow cant penetrate a plate armor. You cant one shot a guy with armor with a double hand sword. Thats is only fiction on movies. Its one of the reason why i love RBM. And sorry for my poor english. ?

It feels really lousy early game when your gear sucks but it's really nice against looters late game :smile:

I can rambo looters with my 2hander.

Well, maybe something has changed in the last mod releases. I tested this mod some months ago and this was the result:

Old version.

Archers are well balanced in RBM overall.

Back
Top Bottom