Skirmish Players vs Captains Players

Users who are viewing this thread

Captain is just like skirmish. The more skilled you are, the more players you will kill. I see some captain players playing skirmish these days maybe they figured out they actually need to get better.

Why would you choose the map where we 3-0d DM when the factions were reversed?

Cav is OP. DM's better at us at cav and infantry, but if it's cav vs infantry, then the team that had cav wins.
Y00goJS.png

Cav is OP. DM's better at us at cav and infantry, but if it's cav vs infantry, then the team that had cav wins.
Y00goJS.png

This does not fit the narrative. You should get back in line!

Because that was the map SkBr uploaded.

Here's the second map (from DM's POV only):

I'm not denying cavalry is overpowered (or that anti-cavalry is underpowered) in the game generally, but the extent to which they displayed just how powerful it is seemed to surprise your team.

Also, APE won many rounds against you without cavalry, despite that they were winging it, and (even though I don't play Captains) they made what looked to me like many mistakes. One of their members even left to go and visit his grandma right at the start of an important round that was going to win them the map. Now they're in the Grand Final of the Captains tournament.

Because that was the map SkBr uploaded.

Here's the second map (from DM's POV only):

I'm not denying cavalry is overpowered (or that anti-cavalry is underpowered) in the game generally, but the extent to which they displayed just how powerful it is seemed to surprise your team.

Also, APE won many rounds against you without cavalry, despite that they were winging it, and (even though I don't play Captains) they made what looked to me like many mistakes. One of their members even left to go and visit his grandma right at the start of an important round that was going to win them the map. Now they're in the Grand Final of the Captains tournament.

Winging it is the captain mode moto, when it doubt just say eh maybe it'll work

Captain mode players actually want to play it as it is designed. The arrogance from you guys mixed with your inability to grasp such concepts is the sad thing here. Parking bots isn't the way a lot of people actually want to play the game mode. In the KoVvs APE game, the APE guys even said it themselves as they were being beaten in various rounds.."why are we playing them like it's captains mode"
This was in reference to them being beaten because they were not parking all their units and just Ramboing to exploit attacking ai only with their captains.

In a lot of circumstance (most I'd say) captain players don't actually want to just park and Rambo, we actually want to play it in the way it was designed to be played. Captain players who don't want to just Rambo will however respond to Rambo with Rambo because it's really stuffing the balance of the mode up and that's the **** state of the mode at the moment. But for the most part, Ramboing is not what we have come to captains for

Back
Top Bottom