Freelancer should be implemented into vanilla Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

I think you are misunderstanding, the reason that comparison isn't relevant is because Warband was ported to consoles after the fact. 6 years after in fact.

That's why I said the game design was done and packed long before the game launched on consoles. I fully acknowledge that, thus I agree with you.
Then again this doesn't fully explain why BL seems shallow, and I suspect everyone taking this side here by the lack of any substancial material tend to simplyfying things too much.
What we know for good, is the code seem messy, the project as a whole lack ( or lacked ) a proper route, a roadmap ( from a developer perspective rather than player / marketing perspective ), in short a proper planning and management, the list goes on and is generally quoted a lot in this forum so I won't paraphrase it that much. I feel like things can change for the greater good, I'm not hoping out of thin air, just viewing the game as it is.

My previous messages I linked summarized my thoughts pretty much.
Sorry if I sound too harsh or haughty, given English isn't my first language I have issues to assemble my thoughts correctly.

With all of that said, with all the previously acknowledgement of the lack of proper design and planning, I think the deepness of that game feature-wise suffers of that result.

I understand what you say though, however that's nowhere near what I can read on this forum on a regular basis ( the " them vs us " thingy ) and for that I greatly appreciate your nuanced point of view.
Thank you.

It's just a reasonable explanation for the current state of the game. It's not a terrible game by any means but they were hyping it up to be the world's greatest medieval sim to ever exist, and all we get is warband with missing features. A literal bruh moment if I've ever seen one.

This isn't an explanation, this is an assumption based on 2-3 things, mainly the UI change and that's it.
It's nowhere near reasonable to say that, of course your point of view matters as much as mine.
I'm pointing how shallow are these arguments with the actual material we can get from : modders, outsiders developers, TW's developers, and as you said and as I agree, the current status of that game.

This " explanation" is flawed, and I'm legit asking why a lot of you guys fall for it.
Humans by their nature tend to fall into oversimplyfing things to ease out their mind when they aren't able to understand or to get some pieces of hard evidence or/and facts on a subject, I'm legit wondering if we don't have a perfect example here.

edit : And by no means I'm implying I'm smarter than the average Joe here, see my sentence above about sounding haughty, I hope you get my point tho, I hardly have the proper vocabulary to express this sentence in a better way.

Last edited:
After playing this mod for about a day I can definitely say it's pretty good. It's nice going from a recruit to a top tier soldier. How you're basically a cog in a machine. It's also a nice way to get some cash and to develop your skills. When you're a bodyguard it adds an extra challenge to the battlefield of protecting a sucidal bot.

There are some things that I wish could happen, IF TW takes this idea.
1. If you're a bodyguard, it be cool if you and your lord can go out on outings where you can get ambushed.
2. It be awesome if you can duel others for the honor for your lord or just duel your fellow soldiers. (I miss 1v1 dueling)
3. If you're a famous/respected soldier in the army, there really should be a way to "influence" your leader's actions. From persuasion, which uses charm or likeability, to threatening, like you threaten to invoke a munity.
4. Just more interactions overall, lord-bodyguard, grunts-grunts, etc
5. Oh also, let us roam around town if we are in one
6. Make the "request leave" more than 2 days. I can't even get to my wife to get her pregnant before I have to go back.

This is a great mod. Probably one of my favorites now. If TW actually integrates this mod. I do hope they don't mess it up. And I hope they do use this mod. Props to Bloc but I don't know how much he can really do.

Another two suggestions solely to TW
Fix the battle ai. The amount of times I die and see the ai start to charge then only to fall back is ridiculous, especially when they're only facing a line of archers that's currently shredding them.
And please. Please, fix the ai responses. We're about to finish our siege of a city/castle, literally about to bust down the gates, then the ai breaks off the siege to go and try to defend a castle across the kingdom. Just. Why? Priorities?

Last edited:
Another two suggestions solely to TW
Fix the battle ai. The amount of times I die and see the ai start to charge then only to fall back is ridiculous, especially when they're only facing a line of archers that's currently shredding them.
And please. Please, fix the ai responses. We're about to finish our siege of a city/castle, literally about to bust down the gates, then the ai breaks off the siege to go and try to defend a castle across the kingdom. Just. Why? Priorities?
Just use realistic battle combat+ai module insted, really sovles 90% of the problems the game is having. Vanilla combat and ai is so poor in comparison that it makes what should be the most fun part of the game which is combat, the most frustrating part of the game

To Bloc,
Just to say what I've said to you in previous comments; you can be very proud of your Freelancer. I agree with others that this should be part of the base game (since I landed on this forum I've been making reference to it) and furthermore, I dare say that the rest of your mods could also be part of the base game seamlessly as they expand the player's gameplay experience.

To Taleworlds,
What can I say more than what I have said.... :iamamoron: ?
giphy.gif

It be cool if/when your lord dies, based on your popularity/fame, a portion of the troops that the lord had stays with you. Or those in your squad can level up to be companions in your clan. This could lead to some interesting stories about how you and your friends were abandoned by the kingdom you once served. So now you shall be their worst fear, being a bandit!!!
Lord's troops are not disappearing though - they are heading back to the nearest town and joining to garrison for another lord to pick. The same goes for your squadmates as well. So if I do what you are saying, it will impact lords out of nowhere and they will lose high tier people for no reason.
I have however an idea that I'm planning to add in the future. Although I will probably separate this idea as another mod and then make connection with Freelancer so it takes time and too much effort and handling all my mods, making sure TW's updates didn't mess up anything etc is time-consuming.

I dare say that the rest of your mods could also be part of the base game seamlessly as they expand the player's gameplay experience.
Thanks, expanding gameplay experience was the aim, glad to see that some people are also thinking the same :smile:

[...]

Thanks, expanding gameplay experience was the aim, glad to see that some people are also thinking the same :smile:
Apart from the opinions of the average Joes who posts their review after playing 2 hours, I can assure you that the M&B fan, in widespread terms, knows what they want and what they don't want. The pity of it all is to realise that Taleworlds is not on the same wavelength as the fans/community...

Taleworlds is not on the same wavelength as the fans/community...
That's a shameful display since the beginning, unfortunately.

im sure castle building freelancing and ambushes will all be added post launch
Functionality they announced years ago and dropped later on by saying that it's "breaking" the game won't come back as DLC. You can be sure about that.
If they somehow do such a thing, it's clear evidence that they were lying and there is no going back from that state. So even if they lied, they won't do such a thing.

That's why I said the game design was done and packed long before the game launched on consoles. I fully acknowledge that, thus I agree with you.
Then again this doesn't fully explain why BL seems shallow, and I suspect everyone taking this side here by the lack of any substancial material tend to simplyfying things too much.
What we know for good, is the code seem messy, the project as a whole lack ( or lacked ) a proper route, a roadmap ( from a developer perspective rather than player / marketing perspective ), in short a proper planning and management, the list goes on and is generally quoted a lot in this forum so I won't paraphrase it that much. I feel like things can change for the greater good, I'm not hoping out of thin air, just viewing the game as it is.

My previous messages I linked summarized my thoughts pretty much.
Sorry if I sound too harsh or haughty, given English isn't my first language I have issues to assemble my thoughts correctly.

With all of that said, with all the previously acknowledgement of the lack of proper design and planning, I think the deepness of that game feature-wise suffers of that result.

I understand what you say though, however that's nowhere near what I can read on this forum on a regular basis ( the " them vs us " thingy ) and for that I greatly appreciate your nuanced point of view.
Thank you.
What you say is slightly fair, although I'd say many who are extremely frustrated are those who are most informed/followed developement oF BL since day 1.

Still, although we may not agree 100%, I absolutely agree with your post, and you needn't worry about your english, its perfectly fine. In fact, its straight to the point, something to be proud of.

Cheers

I agree with others that this should be part of the base game (since I landed on this forum I've been making reference to it) and furthermore, I dare say that the rest of your mods could also be part of the base game seamlessly as they expand the player's gameplay experience.
I also believe your mods should be present in the base game Terco. In particular, aside from you incredible mounts, your hybrid blocking has made first person combat and overall fluidity with shields incredible.

For sure! I tried them mod when it only came at first. It wasn't something too special back then. Recently, I updated the game and all the mods I use after a long pause and became a gang leader. That is so much fun!

[...]
I also believe your mods should be present in the base game Terco. In particular, aside from you incredible mounts, your hybrid blocking has made first person combat and overall fluidity with shields incredible.
Thanks for the nice words mate, they are small tweaks that in the first instance improved my gameplay experience and subsequently those players who were interested in trying it out. However, I play in a lower league, I'm more just a tweaker ? .

Among the tweaks I have available, two are essential for me, Nostalgia camera tweak because it basically reminds me of warband feeling and hybrid blocking through the blocking shield possibilities. Maybe I'm seeing a hidden colour spectrum, but I've always thought that Bannerlord's native directional blocking could benefit from a combination of Hybrid Blocking + Fluid Blocking (unfortunately outdated); I'd certainly love it.

Sorry for the wild spam :lol:

I dont want "Freelancer" features to be implemented in the base game because it will never be as good as it is now.
Bloc envisioned something and he did/is doing great, why changing that?
Except of course if they hire him (as a freelance :wink:) for the implementation...

Although I will probably separate this idea as another mod and then make connection with Freelancer so it takes time and too much effort and handling all my mods, making sure TW's updates didn't mess up anything etc is time-consuming.
Take all the time you need. You can't rush greatness. And unlike our faith in TW, we have some in you

when apparently their own 130+ people can't do it.
Modders must be using cheatcodes in RL then cause TW always say requested features are too complicated or complex for the game and they would need to check gazillion things to make it work so not worth it while modders go there with passion and their free-time and make it work.

Back
Top Bottom