Feminism

Users who are viewing this thread

I am the edgiest of them all.

Although I promise that that is not quite as edgy as one might think if you read it in the context of the rest of the discussion that we were having.

Now I am curious about how the adbot works. Was it trying to pass as a normal forum user by copy pasting other user's posts, to then hit them with add when they least expect it? That would be very wily.

depends on the specific bot, but we've had a few of this style recently. they'll copy paste either a random comment from this forum, or more commonly from some other random forum, and usually post in pretty low effort threads like "what are you listening to" or whatever (for example there was one recently that just copied a six year old post in another forum about some tv show and pasted it into that thread here). then they'll later edit the post to include an ad link.

Now I am curious about how the adbot works. Was it trying to pass as a normal forum user by copy pasting other user's posts, to then hit them with add when they least expect it? That would be very wily.
It's what Monty said, and they are doing this for SEO, so some dodgy site will be rated higher by search engines. More pages that link to your site (bot forum posts count too), better rating.
I wonder what's their late edit timing though, I guess the idea is to avoid anyone seeing the added link (so they won't report it), except for the crawlers. So maybe they wait a week or something.
It's always fun finding an adbot post, although some people also post random bot-like crap.

It was deleted by the feminazis along with the unfortunate user account that made it.
Why? Because it told the truth: you shouldn't help the weak because they won't grow to become strong, independent millionaires not stealing anyone else's taxes but their own.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom