A bit more Life

Users who are viewing this thread

fysaga

Sergeant Knight at Arms
The scenes TW is pumping out are incredibly beautiful and already quite immersive, but I think they could do with some more activities, for example in cities: more idle animations, people actually working (they dont need a real activity, just the animation). Castles even more so, atm they are extremely empty. As an example theres one imperial castle scene (with variations) where there is actually a stone mine inside the walls, with equipment and scaffolding. But no ones there, so some npcs hacking away at the rock and from time to time carrying it somewhere would make scenes that much nicer. Another thing is castle and fortress halls are quite empty too, for some times its fitting (like in war, everybodies gone) but would be nice to get to a Sturgian castle and everyone is drinking and feasting.

All this naturally doesnt have much depth when theres not much to do in scenes apart from getting quests the long way, or trading the long way. Hoping for the best for more gameplay options in scenes. One example I could think of is holding court inside your castle, or depending on the culture near the marketplace infront of an assembly. Those are small things but they add up, and it makes no sense that TW go so far to create these scenes and not having them being used. Also get rid of the stupid civilian item marker, or expand on it.

Taleworlds: It's impossible and or too complicated.

Modders:
tenor.gif

I will get in touch with the immersion staff chief ASAP lol. This game is so blatantly lifeless it sticks out like a sore thumb. Heck, I would like actual interaction with crime gangs which was advertised as much more than what we currently have.

The barber is the only thing to do in the towns..... what a joke.

Last edited:
I will get in touch with the immersion staff chief ASAP lol. This game is so blatantly lifeless it sticks out like a sore thumb. Heck, I would like actual interaction with crime gangs which was advertised as much more than what we currently have.

The barber is the only thing to do in the towns..... what a joke.
You can buy workshops. And then never interact with them anymore, except through the menu, to maybe change something.
So thats atleast a two-time visit your entire gameplay!

The scenes TW is pumping out are incredibly beautiful and already quite immersive, but I think they could do with some more activities, for example in cities: more idle animations, people actually working (they dont need a real activity, just the animation).
Absolutely. There's some gorgeous art and the people responsible are probably feeling a little let down at the moment, knowing barely anyone will ever explore or even visit the locations they have meticulously crafted. It'd probably take them couple of days of coding and some good direction to create dozens of engaging quests involving those scenes... but will they do it?
My inner reasoning center says: hell no.

They really need to do more with the quests and scenes at a minimum. A reason to go through and explore the town would be great and using quests to do so would be great. Right now there is the spy quest but we need more, like finding a missing child in the city, locating a stolen item, or interrogating the gangs to find out who murdered someone. Small individual quests like this to raise relations with the town owners/nobles would be a great way to show off the scenes.

The thing is I never saw TW mentioning their plans about making scenes more interactive. They just never talk about this topic. Correct me if needed.

You would think that the amount of work needed to create all the scenes would translate in an effort to make the player interact with them...

The most obvious way of improving the interactivity is by adding more quests like the spy one. The next obvious way is to give incentive to go there even without a quest by, for example, forcing the player to meet the constables before being able to quick talk with them.
There could also be activities where you have to go on location, like smiths. Industries should be more controllable with options, perhaps gangs are harming their productivity and you have to go there and put them in their place, that kind of stuff...

Let’s be honest though... this is a battle simulator. They won’t invest in anything not directly linked to battles. Scenes are just there for sieges... and the occasional quest barely anyone does.

Yeah but the battles arent super great atm either, and I had the impression TW wanted to improve things around them too, atleast some updates give that.

Oh I agree, that's actually what makes this whole affair so maddening.

We have basically little to do (that's fun) except for battles, yet even battles are... quickly boring in vanilla. That means once you are bored after your 200th battle, there's no reason to keep playing the game. The situation is even more frustrating as you realize all the potential they have here, even from things they have created themselves.

The example on this matter I like the most is smithing: as is, not only is it broken, but it isn't fun nor rewarding which is a SHAME. It's amazing how many parts are available and how much you can customize weapons, but they serve almost no purpose! How sad is that, seriously.

There are opportunities everywhere, seize them Taleworlds ffs

Oh I agree, that's actually what makes this whole affair so maddening.

We have basically little to do (that's fun) except for battles, yet even battles are... quickly boring in vanilla. That means once you are bored after your 200th battle, there's no reason to keep playing the game. The situation is even more frustrating as you realize all the potential they have here, even from things they have created themselves.

The example on this matter I like the most is smithing: as is, not only is it broken, but it isn't fun nor rewarding which is a SHAME. It's amazing how many parts are available and how much you can customize weapons, but they serve almost no purpose! How sad is that, seriously.

There are opportunities everywhere, seize them Taleworlds ffs
My thoughts on this exactly. Smithing for example is a great idea and one I am suprised got implemented, but if you dont cheat all parts youll grind for them hours on end, in the most boring way possible. Different parts and their stats dont make much sense either. Its like all parts of a system are there, they just dont interact with each other or are nonsensical.

And yeah, battles are super nice, especially the graphics, but I cant be ****ed after the 200th 1000, 2000 man battle which actually made almost no difference in the war. Feels all very pointless, especially as theres nothing to do with the cities etc. you gained and the next pointless war just waits around the corner. Another way I could describe this game as soulless, but it actually has soul, as paradoxical as that is. Everythings there, but no real game. And even for an supreme autist like me who loves to create different characters and loadouts, trying to immerse myself in a mechanically shallow world, burn out on this game comes quite quickly.

My thoughts on this exactly. Smithing for example is a great idea and one I am suprised got implemented, but if you dont cheat all parts youll grind for them hours on end, in the most boring way possible. Different parts and their stats dont make much sense either. Its like all parts of a system are there, they just dont interact with each other or are nonsensical.

And yeah, battles are super nice, especially the graphics, but I cant be ****ed after the 200th 1000, 2000 man battle which actually made almost no difference in the war. Feels all very pointless, especially as theres nothing to do with the cities etc. you gained and the next pointless war just waits around the corner. Another way I could describe this game as soulless, but it actually has soul, as paradoxical as that is. Everythings there, but no real game. And even for an supreme autist like me who loves to create different characters and loadouts, trying to immerse myself in a mechanically shallow world, burn out on this game comes quite quickly.
This is a great post, sums it up perfectly.

It seems we see eye to eye!

The scenes will either have some function in the future, or they will have been the biggest waste of money, time, talent and Disk space in the history of video games.
At least 50% of the time and effort invested in the game, is used in less than 1% of gameplay time.

The scenes TW is pumping out are incredibly beautiful and already quite immersive, but I think they could do with some more activities, for example in cities: more idle animations, people actually working (they dont need a real activity, just the animation). Castles even more so, atm they are extremely empty. As an example theres one imperial castle scene (with variations) where there is actually a stone mine inside the walls, with equipment and scaffolding. But no ones there, so some npcs hacking away at the rock and from time to time carrying it somewhere would make scenes that much nicer. Another thing is castle and fortress halls are quite empty too, for some times its fitting (like in war, everybodies gone) but would be nice to get to a Sturgian castle and everyone is drinking and feasting.

All this naturally doesnt have much depth when theres not much to do in scenes apart from getting quests the long way, or trading the long way. Hoping for the best for more gameplay options in scenes. One example I could think of is holding court inside your castle, or depending on the culture near the marketplace infront of an assembly. Those are small things but they add up, and it makes no sense that TW go so far to create these scenes and not having them being used. Also get rid of the stupid civilian item marker, or expand on it.
Yes but the PROBLEM is its due to youtubers and their ommunities that extremly popularized things/features such as quick from worldmap interatcion with the NPCs/notales.No need to even atleast via quest or atleast for the first time need to actualy interact,build relationship with the NPC,Notable.

Especialy Youtubers such as Reformist,Surreal,Resonant were one of the biggets advetisers for that GODLY as soon as you enter Calradia you insatyntly can interatc with anyone without even needing to interact with the NPC once and magicaly you can get what you want like you are Noble/King and not just a nobody peasant alongside being able to recruit high tier troops/Noble like troops from any village.They were constatly promoting those features as Reformist adn Surreal said simply bcs they wanted as fast as possible to get to end game stuff and could much easly push more videos out bcs of youtube algorithm.

Due to those features that were heavly demanded by them and then spread by their community it made scenes,ineractions,immersion COMPLEATLY waste of time,nulified,non needed bcs why you should do visiting,interacting with NPC when you as player are ALREDY ALL KNOWING GOD WITH A MAGIC OF SEDUCING EVERY NPC WHO INTERACT WITH YOU AND GIVE SYOU EVERYTHING YOU DESIRE LIKE YOU ARE A NOBLE/KING and not just some lvl 1 nobody peasant who just started a game 20 mins ago.

Thats one of the BIG PROBLEMS there is no RESTRICTION of ATLEAST for the first time as you come to Calradia to actualy require via quests and exploration to gradualy get information and gradualy update the encyclopedia via bribing,interacting,paying for information or sending spies/companions to gather information about stuff.Alos isnetad of like restricting and making it so hat in villages uou cna only hire up to 2nd tire troops and if want higher you need to have good relationships alonside only able to recruit from 3 to bigger tier troops from Castles and Towns BUT that isnt the case bcs everything is given on golden plate not to mention yoyu magicaly know about some random child that is born in some kingdom yo never visited or gatered information from yet magicaly as you travel you get message that the kid is born.

There needs to be ATLEAST an option whee player can chooe if it wanst a native all knowing God version or if it wants more realistic/immersive version where you neeed to pay,spend some time,send companions/soldiers,do interactions,missions/quests to gather information about Notables/NPCs and at start all you know is juts King and Queens of each Kingdom and not know anything else.So its up to player sto gradualy as player goes o adventures as it interacts with the world and people within it it gradualy updates the encyclopedia about Kingdoms,its vassals,its fammily members,clan memebrs and so on.

Imo TW took a bunch of ideas from rpgs and threw them into the game without any thought of first why they should be in the game and second how they would be implemented into the game. I feel like systems like smithing are great on paper but don't really fit in with M&B theme. It's more frustration than anything with random unlocks, limiting how much you can smith because of some random timer and the time waster of not allowing you to reset that timer while traveling in the world and that's not to mention how completely exploitable it is. It's a system that has a whole perk tree but I won't touch anymore because of how broken it is and I'd guess that I'm not alone in that. It's clear that no thought was put into it besides that they wanted to include it in the game. Why would someone whose goal is to be a lord or a king care about smithing? Game systems should not be included into a game unless they add something to the game whether that's fun, immersion, complexity, or QoL. There has to be a reason to put them into a game besides "other rpgs do it".

I's pretty clear that battles are the main focus of the game but they felt much more impactful in earlier titles. A victory over a lord with 1K troops means nothing in Bannerlord because he'll be out of prison and have that many again in a week to 10 days. Obtaining high tiered armor was something that was a great mid game goal in Warband because it gave you a real sense of protection and the ability to "tank" much more damage. But in Bannerlord there's no reason to have the highest tier armor because the amount of additional protection it provides is minimal. Workshops are in the game but they're just as lifeless and boring as they were in Warband, but at least in Warband they made you money if you invested correctly, in Bannerlord they may make a little money or they may not. Companions in Warband were there to there to act as ways to round out a party early on by giving you someone who could be a good support doctor, engineer, archer etc and they had a bit of background that added to immersion. They were a bit slow to level up but not impossible. In late game the noble background companions could be used as lords. In Bannerlord they really only serve 2 purposes as a governor or a caravan leader. They can run a party of their own because they constantly get defeated/captured and in your party they die faster than may flies, and leveling them up is near impossible.

I could go on and on about the short comings of this game but it's been said a 100x by others on these forums. If TW at least was willing to listen and communicate with people and address some of the deep issues this game has I'd hold out hope. But at this point the only thing that can save this title for me is modding.

Back
Top Bottom