Get rid of the stupid cheering

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, ceasing pursuit and not listening to orders, while cheering, is a very lame decision.

I often experienced this before (I am still on 1.5.9), HOWEVER it worked like 50/50. My cavalry still kept pursuit even if given a charge order after enemies start running away, only infantry seemed to stop and cheer (but not all of them), some footmen still ran after the routed troops (however to no avail, since heavy infantry is very slow anyway)...

Maybe its because I am using the RBM mod, which may somehow override the default AI behaviour.

If they wanted to depict a common situation of after battle loss of control and disorganisation, they should have let all engaging troops to actually PURSUIT routed enemies (without responding to player's commands) till all of them escape/are dead or captured.

I honestly don't mind the cheering. I would actually like this tied even further to role-play. Seeing your commander riding down fleeing peasants from an obviously defeated foe should be an impactful thing. Acts like that should raise your cruelty trait and make you loose relationship points with merciful heroes.

Ordering your troops to do the same should lead to a portion of troops declining that order out of their morality compass (I know troops don't have traits, this would be a simple simulation). It would add a flavourful decision, loose troop morale to capture as many fleeing troops. Right now you always want to run as many of those bastards down for capture and XP gain.

Still, I do agree that having my troops not follow my order because they are busy cheering is stupid. Either tie this to some in-world reason for flavour or give the player full control...
good suggestions, I like the flavor and the trait development. The traits also need more impact in relationships of course, and merciful lords should grow to dislike you if you're cruel.

Makes me wonder. Why did they get rid of the honor system?
They threw out all the babies and mopped up the bath water and squeezed it back into the tub. The whole relations and traits part of the game feels very lacking and unfinished. Like it could be left overs from 2 different unfished mechanics. The fact you share a relation with entire clans, but each member has different personality traits makes it seem like we would need a lot more related mechanics to get something like the warband honor system. I mean I guess you could just FF kill clan members until one with the right trait became the leader :smile:

Somewhat yes. The honor system was just an easy way to feel connected to the honorable/dishonorable people

Like they just don't care. Apparently we don't pay them enough
Ah ok you were referring to warband honor system.
I personally find the trait system more interesting, but it needs more work.

Well I usually headshot the unit that stands in my way :fruity:

Somewhat yes. The honor system was just an easy way to feel connected to the honorable/dishonorable people

Like they just don't care. Apparently we don't pay them enough
Considering the price of anything in Calradia, this statement is true: we don’t pay them enough :smile:

Frankly, there is a wide range of possibilities to enrich this section by introducing traits and personalities. I'm sure Taleworlds has an explanation for this, but if we compare it to the last few Total War games, all of which have been heavily casualised, the player is always in control until she/he decides when the battle is over. In terms of gameplay, that seems a lot more logical to me than what is currently implemented in Bannerlord (cheering topic).

As a fact "to expand knowledge"; in any militarized society, the fact of breaking the chain of command, disobeying orders, mutiny, etc ... is grounds for punishment or penalty. Moreover, given that Bannerlord is "inspired" by real sources, perhaps it could be inspired by the Decimatio.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/003/214/how-about-i-slap-your-****.jpg
It's not constructive, but I like OP's tone, at least it's spirited.

Bannerlord-Fite-Me2.png

Frankly, there is a wide range of possibilities to enrich this section by introducing traits and personalities. I'm sure Taleworlds has an explanation for this, but if we compare it to the last few Total War games, all of which have been heavily casualised, the player is always in control until she/he decides when the battle is over. In terms of gameplay, that seems a lot more logical to me than what is currently implemented in Bannerlord (cheering topic).

As a fact "to expand knowledge"; in any militarized society, the fact of breaking the chain of command, disobeying orders, mutiny, etc ... is grounds for punishment or penalty. Moreover, given that Bannerlord is "inspired" by real sources, perhaps it could be inspired by the Decimatio.
I executed several borrowed troops today because after the 3rd pre-mature routing of the same looter group I realized I could just kill off the amount o un-level ready troops and finish the quest rather then keep trying to get them to kill looters. I don't know the roman word for kill 1/4 of them but that what I did.

I executed several borrowed troops today because after the 3rd pre-mature routing of the same looter group I realized I could just kill off the amount o un-level ready troops and finish the quest rather then keep trying to get them to kill looters. I don't know the roman word for kill 1/4 of them but that what I did.
Quattumatio? ?:lol:

Speaking about the traits, I have noticed an improvement with 1.5.10 (I'm playing since 1.5.6).
Companions with an honorable (or mercy?) trait are complaining when we raid villages, dialogues with lords vary as well (when meeting for the first time, starting a fight, making them prisoners or freeing them).

Cheering is not a bad thing, but they could limit it to infantry and archers for example.
Cavalry should keep chasing and kill until the end though.

It's not constructive, but I like OP's tone, at least it's spirited.

Bannerlord-Fite-Me2.png
That was a funny one :grin:

The Dev team does not even know if this is a bug yet, it will take a week of complex communications to figure it out. Yes, my dream in Bannerlord was to have no control over my men while they stand around like morons, Wonderful design just splendid...

But little James and his x-box buddies will love it! The goofy cheering is so much fun!

Quattumatio? ?:lol:
"My troops tell me you Quattumatio'd the other 5 of my troops, I like you 1 less now, don't you feel bad and immersed? Look at this beautiful 1 impirial recruit, he could have been yours but you had to murder 5 guys just cuz they can't run fast enough to catch some looters! You better hope I have a problem with brigands or need 40 cows or you're never getting these imperial recruits now!"

Speaking about the traits, I have noticed an improvement with 1.5.10 (I'm playing since 1.5.6).
Companions with an honorable (or mercy?) trait are complaining when we raid villages, dialogues with lords vary as well (when meeting for the first time, starting a fight, making them prisoners or freeing them).

Cheering is not a bad thing, but they could limit it to infantry and archers for example.
Cavalry should keep chasing and kill until the end though.

[...]
I have not tested 1.5.10 and cannot give an informed opinion.

If you check my previous comments, I say that I welcome cheering, however I also say that cheering should be triggered when the player has not selected the group/unit. If the player doesn't need the archers (no more orders are given) let the archers perform cheering autonomously. The moment the player decides what-how and when to engage the enemy, the whole of units (group/regiment) should always be available at all times and to cut the cheering when the player dictate them and get off their asses to obey any orders the player propose.

Cheering has three states and a timer, I'm not at the code atm but I think it was like this.

State 1: victory without loosing any troop= x% of your troops will cheer after a short time
State 2: you lost an x% of men= x% of troops will start to cheer after a period of time
State3: you nearly lost all men =....

so cheering and when it happens is depends on battle result.

Cheering has nothing to do that the order menue doesn't open anymore. As stated in another thread I was able to command troops till the end of a fight with some side effects, after delete one condition

Back
Top Bottom