What happened to the promised follow-up post for future plans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Taleworlds made literally, no exaggeration, hundreds of millions of dollars on this game.
I will ignore your petulant ad homenim and zero in on this statement.

Without knowing the inner workings of taleworlds we have no way of knowing just how much profit has been made.

There's a little something in running a business called overhead. I doubt either of us really know how much that is in this case.

Without knowing the inner workings of taleworlds we have no way of knowing just how much profit has been made.

There's a little something in running a business called overhead. I doubt either of us really know how much that is in this case.
You know very little about Taleworlds and think that others know as little as you and are just imagining things. You are very wrong.
Instead of trying to sound smart, ask people about their sources and they will tell you.

You know very little about Taleworlds and think that others know as little as you and are just imagining things. You are very wrong.
Instead of trying to sound smart, ask people about their sources and they will tell you.
Oh goody... THIS guy again.

You aren't adding anything to the conversation as usual.

You will be educated, like it or not.

This is a statement from their PR shortly after the EA began and most of the sales were made. The profit is enough to keep the company afloat for "many years to come". They won't give you sales numbers, but 2m+ is a very conservative estimate. Multiply that by their full price (still holding) and you get the revenues, which would be about 100 million USD - the actual number is probably few times greater.
Just to put some of these rumours to bed.

Yes, the Turkish government gives some small assistance, similar to schemes in many other countries around the world for tech companies, but it isn't enough to run a business on, not by a long shot... And they wouldn't do it if they didn't stand to gain anything in return.

We shipped over 10 million units of our previous games, which entirely funded the development of this game. We were never at any risk of going broke and could have continued development for years to come without any money troubles.

Finally, some of your math might be a bit off in guessing how much money Bannerlord has brought in so far as you are failing to factor in regional pricing, taxes, etc. However, even when you do factor those in, it is safe to say we are extremely pleased with the hugely successful launch and we are looking forward to supporting the game for many years to come. :smile:

Last edited:
Whining about the game constantly and destructively will never help us the players to get what we want, this is true, but not understanding why people are mad and claiming there is a lot to do in the game is just ridiculous.

I am just responding to these frustrated posts trying to help bring some expectations back to reality. It doesnt hurt to take a break then come back later, either.
Im curious, what are these realistic BL expectations you speak of?

Are they based on promises and features that TW have shown in the past? Or instead, are they what YOU expected from the game, or rather lack of?

Im guessing you haven't been following the developement of BL, or maybe havent touched the previous installements of the game?

If I take your point of view, the Star Wars Battlefront 2015 game was widely recieved as a disappointment, despite, in and of itself, being a rather 'enjoyable' experience. Do you know why that is? Because it was compared to Battlefront 2005.

A large chunk of your argument is based off ignorance.

i assume "bringing expectations back to reality" means reminding us that "this game has been in development for 9 years and is still worse than Warband so don't get your hopes up" in which case there's no need because we're already well aware

Whining about the game constantly and destructively will never help us the players to get what we want, this is true, but not understanding why people are mad and claiming there is a lot to do in the game is just ridiculous.

Well, since that's apparently what it takes to get a response from TW these days, "Whining about the game constantly and destructively" is what we go with.

Last edited:
I mean guys and gals, a Little update saying (hey this feature (the map one) had to be pushed back, but that's not pushing back mods) then mention what is happening. I feel like if they gave a tad more direction, people would calm down. Just kind of sick of seeing every other post being a hate thing. I guess coming from Console, and just building my 1st pc 8-9 months ago, I have leeway on the game. Mods really make the game though, as Vanilla is really lacking. I hope the next major Update after the map one (or maybe since the maps are being worked on, the AI will, kind of doubtful) and have it mainly for the AI. Whether that be for the Tournaments, on the Battlefield, how they do Diplomacy/Go to wars and the most important of them all, THE DAMN SEIGE AI. That for me ruins the game. Ill stay play it, but sieges give me strokes. Wish they made a temporary fix where instead of the 3-lane ladders, to have a bigger size Ramp, that you use on the small castles. Those work just fine from what I've seen. Like I said, I get the frustrations, as how long this game has been in development, and the small improvements and all this and that, but the amount of nasty ass post is kind of pathetic. They're humans too. Certain things I can get behind, but some are just childish. NOW i am not saying OP post pertains to what I said. I was just here, and it came up. Talking about some of the others.

There is a vicious circle, where we complain loudly if they don't update us on development, but once they do, we complain about the uninspired and unambitious content of those updates. The fundamental problem seems to be development itself. Mexxico has already addressed this by explaining how the game was developed without a roadmap to the end product and features are added piece-meal.

The average game developer in Istanbul (similar to Ankara) makes about 60 Turkish Lira an hour, which equates to about 7.05 USD, with an average pay of 125,000 Lira per year (about 14,500 USD). There are 131 employees at Taleworlds as of 2020. Therefore, the employee pay would be roughly 1,899,500 USD, probably a little less or more based on currency exchanges. Overhead is somewhat difficult to calculate, but I would put their facility costs (With electricity, which is cheap in Turkey) is probably around 5,000 a month, that is just a rough estimate based on how many employees they have and how much square footage they would need. So, overhead would be roughly 60,000 USD a year. Add these two together and you get a little under 2 million USD per year. This is a rough estimate, it is probably less than that due to the fact that they probably pay less than the average because that is based on a lot of experience.

Bannerlord has sold between 3-5 million copies, according to steamdb and steamspy. At an average price of $45 (it depends on region, some places sell for less, some like pound and euro sell for more), after Steam's 30% cut, this leaves Taleworlds with roughly $31.50 for each sale. With 4 million sales on average, Taleworlds has made, should my calculations be correct, roughly $126,000,000. Bannerlord has been in development since 2012 as far as we know, lets give them 2 years pre-announcement of development, which equals 11 years. Assuming 100% of their time at Taleworlds was devoted to Bannerlord (which it wasn't, warband was still in development well during this time period), this means that 22 million dollars was spent to get 126,000,000, which equates to a profit of a little over 100 million dollars, over 5X a return. I may have gotten some calculations wrong along the way, and I may have estimated poorly, but no matter what, that is a lot of profit for the garbage can/excuse for a game that we got.

The average game developer in Istanbul (similar to Ankara) makes about 60 Turkish Lira an hour, which equates to about 7.05 USD, with an average pay of 125,000 Lira per year (about 14,500 USD). There are 131 employees at Taleworlds as of 2020. Therefore, the employee pay would be roughly 1,899,500 USD, probably a little less or more based on currency exchanges. Overhead is somewhat difficult to calculate, but I would put their facility costs (With electricity, which is cheap in Turkey) is probably around 5,000 a month, that is just a rough estimate based on how many employees they have and how much square footage they would need. So, overhead would be roughly 60,000 USD a year. Add these two together and you get a little under 2 million USD per year. This is a rough estimate, it is probably less than that due to the fact that they probably pay less than the average because that is based on a lot of experience.

Bannerlord has sold between 3-5 million copies, according to steamdb and steamspy. At an average price of $45 (it depends on region, some places sell for less, some like pound and euro sell for more), after Steam's 30% cut, this leaves Taleworlds with roughly $31.50 for each sale. With 4 million sales on average, Taleworlds has made, should my calculations be correct, roughly $126,000,000. Bannerlord has been in development since 2012 as far as we know, lets give them 2 years pre-announcement of development, which equals 11 years. Assuming 100% of their time at Taleworlds was devoted to Bannerlord (which it wasn't, warband was still in development well during this time period), this means that 22 million dollars was spent to get 126,000,000, which equates to a profit of a little over 100 million dollars, over 5X a return. I may have gotten some calculations wrong along the way, and I may have estimated poorly, but no matter what, that is a lot of profit for the garbage can/excuse for a game that we got.
+1. Yep.

Back
Top Bottom