What happened to the promised follow-up post for future plans?

Users who are viewing this thread

What exactly is @Callum 's job? It says "community manager", but he has posted only twice in the forum/steam during the last month. Is there another secret community that he is managing that we don't know about?

That's a great question.

Maybe the game has already been completed but this is just a huge social experiment to mess with us so every patch they fix some bugs and reintroduce bugs that they've fixed.

Who knows? Stranger things have happened.

I like to think it's taking a while because they are actually organizing their thoughts in a way that will not only provide us with a satisfactory post, but will also help them settle their prioirities and overall plans. :grin:

“In the near future” also means “soon” (usually without knowing exactly when) – but this phrase doesn't have the same sense of immediacy as “any minute/day now.” “In the near future” usually means a few weeks/months in the future.

If we're talking NASA planning a space launch, perhaps.

For normal people, "in the near future" doesn't mean "months away".
Pathetic that we have reduced ourselves into squabbling over the definition of an expression. Then again, with lack of actual content to discuss, there is nothing better to do, so I say that "near future" is context dependent. In the context of producing a forum post including some hundreds of words, I'd say "near future" is definitely less than a month.

Answer is pretty simple.
599p6e.jpg

Just concerned customers and long time patrons.
Alright not singling this person out but theres at least 3 threads here on the front page from "concerned customers" and it leads me to ask....

Just how much money have you guys spent on the game? Cause last I checked, 50 bucks gives you lifetime access to the game. And I am sure many of you waited for a sale and a few even got it for free.

So I am a bit at a loss at just how much folks around here are expecting for their one time purchase. Ever played a subscription based game? Or a mobile "free to play" with their insane monetization models, raking in hundreds, if not thousands PER MONTH from individual players in order for them to remain competetive? Those games milk insane amounts of money out of their players not only for profit, but to keep the studio running in order to continue generating content.

If you think that the 50 bucks you shelled out 3 years ago is keeping the developers fed and motivated, I think you might need some basic lessons in economics.

In order for this dev team to start churning out progress on the scale which is being demanded they would have to change their payment model into something more sustainable.

Until they do, be happy with your purchase and consider it a gift when something is added.

Alright not singling this person out but theres at least 3 threads here on the front page from "concerned customers" and it leads me to ask....

Just how much money have you guys spent on the game? Cause last I checked, 50 bucks gives you lifetime access to the game. And I am sure many of you waited for a sale and a few even got it for free.

So I am a bit at a loss at just how much folks around here are expecting for their one time purchase. Ever played a subscription based game? Or a mobile "free to play" with their insane monetization models, raking in hundreds, if not thousands PER MONTH from individual players in order for them to remain competetive? Those games milk insane amounts of money out of their players not only for profit, but to keep the studio running in order to continue generating content.

If you think that the 50 bucks you shelled out 3 years ago is keeping the developers fed and motivated, I think you might need some basic lessons in economics.

In order for this dev team to start churning out progress on the scale which is being demanded they would have to change their payment model into something more sustainable.

Until they do, be happy with your purchase and consider it a gift when something is added.
We bought a game that is supposed to be improved upon. We bought a game in EARLY ACCESS. Are we being entitled? Maybe a bit but most of us just want a full game not a pot full of half baked ideas. This is what was pitched to us when we bought this game. That it be built upon our feedback.

So I am a bit at a loss at just how much folks around here are expecting for their one time purchase.
The features they advertised pre-release, and the features from the last game in the series whose name they used to sell this game. And for what's already in the game to work.
Ever played a subscription based game? Or a mobile "free to play" with their insane monetization models, raking in hundreds, if not thousands PER MONTH from individual players in order for them to remain competetive? Those games milk insane amounts of money out of their players not only for profit, but to keep the studio running in order to continue generating content.

Taleworlds made literally, no exaggeration, hundreds of millions of dollars on this game.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is what we call a "bootlicker".

It is not a gift for TW to add something. It is them delivering on the money they have already recieved for a promise they made, or expectations they created.

We bought a game that is supposed to be improved upon. We bought a game in EARLY ACCESS. Are we being entitled? Maybe a bit but most of us just want a full game not a pot full of half baked ideas. This is what was pitched to us when we bought this game. That it be built upon our feedback.
But is it REALLY a pot full of half baked ideas? It's a pretty damn fun game with a lot going on and a lot to do.

I know that I personally have gotten well beyond my money's worth for 50 dollars.

Feedback is great! And I hope it can be constructively used to continue to improve the game. But between you and me, I think these devs are pretty much working for free at this point. Money makes the world go round as they say.

I am just responding to these frustrated posts trying to help bring some expectations back to reality. It doesnt hurt to take a break then come back later, either.

Taleworlds made literally, no exaggeration, hundreds of millions of dollars on this game
How many copies did they sell?
But is it REALLY a pot full of half baked ideas? It's a pretty damn fun game with a lot going on and a lot to do.

I know that I personally have gotten well beyond my money's worth for 50 dollars.

Feedback is great! And I hope it can be constructively used to continue to improve the game. But between you and me, I think these devs are pretty much working for free at this point. Money makes the world go round as they say.

I am just responding to these frustrated posts trying to help bring some expectations back to reality. It doesnt hurt to take a break then come back later, either.
To most of us yes. It really is a pot full of half baked ideas. Maybe it's because we have nostalgia glasses but warband seemed a more complete game despite it being a decade old.
Heck, even the dialogue, one of the important things in the game, is half baked. "Can I ask a quick question?"

But oh well that just our thoughts. I also got my money's worth out of this game in terms of hours played but most of those hours was imagining what it be like once it was actually finished.

And I don't mind these forums, anything is better than a dead forum

Back
Top Bottom