Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm surprised at how polarised the player's experiences are depending on the version of the game.
It might be nice if the community could organize about an hour of simultaneous testing to try and help each other get their game to work. There are many possible fixes to try and much information to gather. There have been various out-of-nowhere solutions that worked for some, like that windowed setting, but others are missing out on it even though it might work on them too.

It might be nice if the community could organize about an hour of simultaneous testing to try and help each other get their game to work. There are many possible fixes to try and much information to gather. There have been various out-of-nowhere solutions that worked for some, like that windowed setting, but others are missing out on it even though it might work on them too.
It is good that users share little tips with each other on how to improve personal experience/performance. However, the bulk of the work to improve the stability and performance of Bannerlord has to be done by Taleworlds. And by this I'm not trying to say that the engine team has done a bad job; on the contrary, I personally have extended my congratulations to the dev in question, but these intra-patch performance spikes at this stage of the game should not be happening and should start to stabilise.

Let's not forget... Bannerlord is a game that plausibly belongs to the 2016/18 period... I mean... it's not a last generation game.

Maybe bugs that reduce performance? I don't know, I just know that Taleworlds needs to keep polishing those edges.

However, the bulk of the work to improve the stability and performance of Bannerlord has to be done by Taleworlds.
Oh for sure. I'm just saying it might be helpful for people who are currently experiencing problems, because a permanent fix might take a while. The data gathered from the testing could be helpful for Taleworlds too.

Oh for sure. I'm just saying it might be helpful for people who are currently experiencing problems, because a permanent fix might take a while. The data gathered from the testing could be helpful for Taleworlds too.
Yes, I understood you and I think it is an approach that any player can broadly share. The thing is that (to give an example) Taleworlds has been " gathering data " in MP since June 2019 from thousands of players... well; in this case the playable experience has gone downhill in terms of performance.

I suspect that Taleworlds already has enough data gathered to date :iamamoron: .

I'm currently playing on 1.5.9 and wanted to know if there were plans to make the AI commanders retreat more often?

For example, I just had a battle where after some fighting we ended up in a 400 vs 35, which were all elite horsemen. It would be nice if they could try to get away with at least those units, plus, it prevents the chasing of those pesky unbreakable dudes.

I am am playing with RBM though, so I don't know if it influences AI decision making on this front.

Can anyone tell me about arzagos conspiracy mission? I have sucsesfuly complete mission where was needed to capture 2/3 of empires towns, but after this got "Failed" status in quest "arzagos conspiracy", then was started 3 quests to eliminate all around factions, BUT this 3 quests was automaticly failed too.
All it was in wersiom 1.5.10
So, is that so must be or i was made something wrong?

There seems to be a catch 22 with starving towns.

I got awarded a starving feif. I cant get the prosperity positive because i get a food shortage penalty (-4.5). I cant raise the food stocks because i have a huge (-81) prosperiperity penalty. This is also killing my garrison and loyalty.... although my militia is up at +4.

Bit of a mess and it doesnt seem to be improving at all.

My game ran smoothly until 1.5.9, then in 1.5.10 the lag got insane. 10 seconds to load encyclopedia family pictures with 100 FPS drops just for starters. It used to load without any lag period.
This might be a dumb question given your display specs but are you running off of a SDD or HDD? For whatever reason, I transferred BL to my HDD a few months backs and had been playing from there but the last two patch I noticed just constant HDD activity and what I think was lag induced by that bottleneck. I recently transferred the game back to my SDD and it's running so much better. I mean that should be pretty obvious but my point is maybe that's your case. I still experience some map and UI lag but it's nothing I'd call unplayable or even unacceptable. I'm running at 1440 with a 1060 so I'm not really expecting incredible performance.

Yes, I remember MArda asking people if they're using SSD or not when talking about this UI performance issue a few times. Because stevehoos said his computer is already super good I just assumed he's already on SSD.

Implemented a logic that makes agents choose the shorter direction (clockwise or counter-clockwise) to circumvent blocker navmeshes. The lack of this logic was most significantly shown when agents tried to move to a pushing position around a moving siege
that completely broke sieges.
Attackers abandon towers and use ladders because it's a shorter route from the spawn point. Attackers ignore open gates and still use ladders when in some cases open gate and a ladder have 10 meters distance between each other.
Defenders concentrate over the single key point of the town/castle, leaving the other 2 unguarded.
Units standing over the walls doing absolutely nothing.
Guys, it's not something that happens rarely, it happens ALL the time. How do you test that kind of stuff?

This might be a dumb question given your display specs but are you running off of a SDD or HDD? For whatever reason, I transferred BL to my HDD a few months backs and had been playing from there but the last two patch I noticed just constant HDD activity and what I think was lag induced by that bottleneck. I recently transferred the game back to my SDD and it's running so much better. I mean that should be pretty obvious but my point is maybe that's your case. I still experience some map and UI lag but it's nothing I'd call unplayable or even unacceptable. I'm running at 1440 with a 1060 so I'm not really expecting incredible performance.
My game is on an SSD.

My game is on an SSD.
Next assumption - you are using a bad SSD, get a decent one :grin: (Joke)

But, being serious, SSD should not be a magic pill for solving everyone's problems. Sure, SSD is better than HDD, but hold on - people say that everything was working fine on the previous version. So it should be something the devs did wrong and now they need to fix it.

I mean, next time they may screw something related to the GPU memory usage - will you advice everyone here to buy 3090? :grin:

I also have slightly more lag on menus, campaign map symbols etc. Battles a tiny bit too, thought it was my pc. I am playing on a high end rig and SSD

There seems to be a catch 22 with starving towns.

I got awarded a starving feif. I cant get the prosperity positive because i get a food shortage penalty (-4.5). I cant raise the food stocks because i have a huge (-81) prosperiperity penalty. This is also killing my garrison and loyalty.... although my militia is up at +4.

Bit of a mess and it doesnt seem to be improving at all.
buying food from another town and selling it to your town will raise the food bonus you see to food. grain is the easiest and biggest increase. I just did this exact thing with my play through when i took Omar. I ran to askar and sanala bought 2,000 and slowly feed it into my town at about 400 a time since armies can come through and take it all and I was able to help stabilize till I was able to build an orchard

that completely broke sieges.
Attackers abandon towers and use ladders because it's a shorter route from the spawn point. Attackers ignore open gates and still use ladders when in some cases open gate and a ladder have 10 meters distance between each other.
Defenders concentrate over the single key point of the town/castle, leaving the other 2 unguarded.
Units standing over the walls doing absolutely nothing.
Guys, it's not something that happens rarely, it happens ALL the time. How do you test that kind of stuff?
I have suggested many times for TW to let a select group of people test a branch for a day or 2 to try and find the real terrible bugs that could make it to a beta branch, Some people complain that is what they beta branch is for. But then when these bugs hit people complain about them. That's a no win situation, they want it fast but perfect. How many massive bugs have happened that were terrible for the beta branch. how about the 1.5.8 stability that made it almost unplayable for weeks. My idea would delay a beta branch for a few days to maybe a week but would help to ensure that get alteast playable, stable branches to test.

buying food from another town and selling it to your town will raise the food bonus you see to food. grain is the easiest and biggest increase. I just did this exact thing with my play through when i took Omar. I ran to askar and sanala bought 2,000 and slowly feed it into my town at about 400 a time since armies can come through and take it all and I was able to help stabilize till I was able to build an orchard
Thanks. I ended up doing similar as you suggest. It eventually stabled out. I was getting a bit concerned as it took a few weeks game time and my Garrison was shrinking and Milita was on +5.

Thanks. I ended up doing similar as you suggest. It eventually stabled out. I was getting a bit concerned as it took a few weeks game time and my Garrison was shrinking and Milita was on +5.
also having the right govenor can help stabilize the loyalty and security to help those since they suffer greatly while starving, with TW taking our culture bonus away it is more vital now than ever

Hey, thanks for the questions!
  1. Morale matters because if it did not one can just fill up bandit troops to their party and not care about the party at all and by simply waiting and paying wages one can gain roguery experience.
  2. You can, it is similar to roguery and it requires at least 75 morale to gain experience for leadership for each party member you have. Formula is (Morale-70) x Total Man Count x 0.01
  3. Because the current design prioritizes the management aspects for governors and therefore rewards stewardship experience to them. However, it might be expanded to award engineering skill as well as it makes sense.
I have a long standing question about part 2: When you are leading parties in an army is it the same formula just applied to the whole army? Or do you actually get a bonus for having parties in an army with you? In the past I tried to see but it seemed too similar in exp gain to know for sure, say the difference between my party of 120 versus splitting in into 2 more clan parties in an army with me, but the same total troops count.

Bonus: Any plans on leading armies without being a vassal/ruler? Or any better way to level up Leadership without leading armies? I don't care for armies but i do like many leadership perks.

Next assumption - you are using a bad SSD, get a decent one :grin: (Joke)

But, being serious, SSD should not be a magic pill for solving everyone's problems. Sure, SSD is better than HDD, but hold on - people say that everything was working fine on the previous version. So it should be something the devs did wrong and now they need to fix it.

I mean, next time they may screw something related to the GPU memory usage - will you advice everyone here to buy 3090? :grin:

My game is on a NVME SSD for the record and I got the issue aswell for months. ( I can provide a video from 1.5.8 )
I don't think this is remotely revelant to UI lag.

Back
Top Bottom