Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

While the performance has got worse for some, the patch, for some, has decreased menu lags. I can verify that from my experience. (Still not close to where it should be, though)

It seems like they are struggling to increase the performance without side effects on different setups.

Interesting. Menu lag has increased drastically for me.

In fact, overall lag has increased.

And cats. Not sure if new, but I noticed one and I ran as I approached. Aaaw.
Yeah, I saw a dog in Ocs hall (I think) I stabbed it to check if it was actually rigged, and it was. ? poor doggo.

Imagine if we could actually have dogs as pets?

Yeah, I saw a dog in Ocs hall (I think) I stabbed it to check if it was actually rigged, and it was. ?

Imagine if we could actually have dogs as pets?
I hope it did not yell about god before blowing up. Just making a joke, I assume you wanted to say rigid.

Yes on the pet! Then train the dog to be a bodyguard!

Interesting. Menu lag has increased drastically for me.

In fact, overall lag has increased.
My experience before 1.5.10 probably was what you are experiencing now. Unplayable.

Let me stress out, it is still nowhere near acceptable.

They said they were aware of the issues and working on them, who knows when.

I gotta say, 1.5.10 is the first I've played since I think 1.5.3 or so, and I'm really enjoying it. Might just be because it's my first Aserai playthrough, but it feels a bit more fresh than it did last I played. Someone mentioned battle AI seems to be making more tactical decisions, and maybe it's confirmation bias for me, but I think it is too. Definitely getting more lag, especially when traversing the menus like everyone else is mentioning. Looking forward to what's ahead though =)

Any word on when TW might move Sargot to the correct place? it's been confirmed as misplaced basically since the beginning of the early access, they said they would move the city later when launching a patch that would break saves but still nothing (and i believe we had a few of those already)

It's a small thing but it always grind my gears to see it in the Rhodok highlands when it should be far north in that Nord bay.

I gotta say, 1.5.10 is the first I've played since I think 1.5.3 or so, and I'm really enjoying it. Might just be because it's my first Aserai playthrough, but it feels a bit more fresh than it did last I played. Someone mentioned battle AI seems to be making more tactical decisions, and maybe it's confirmation bias for me, but I think it is too. Definitely getting more lag, especially when traversing the menus like everyone else is mentioning. Looking forward to what's ahead though =)

Some times - in large battles, maybe on specific maps? - it does feel like the AI is actually doing some good work. Like the two lines of infantry will move towards places that make sense for them to defend/attack, archers will skirmish, infantry will attack and regroup. But it happens less often in party battles. And still some army battles become the reinforcing-attackers slowly streaming towards the blob of defenders after the initial fight.

Some times - in large battles, maybe on specific maps? - it does feel like the AI is actually doing some good work. Like the two lines of infantry will move towards places that make sense for them to defend/attack, archers will skirmish, infantry will attack and regroup. But it happens less often in party battles. And still some army battles become the reinforcing-attackers slowly streaming towards the blob of defenders after the initial fight.
I've only participated in 3 or 4 large battles in my current playthrough, but it has been interesting. One battle in the rocky highlands, the defending minor faction set their 20 or so archers and infantry on top of a small hill on the cliff-side while their cavalry engaged ours in and around the valley. It was honestly pretty sweet.
Another large field battle, I tried to follow the commands of the AI commander and he actually made some interesting moves. Early-game Aserai vs Southern Empire, I was leading a small battalion of cavalry, the AI commander had me defending the right flank. As our infantry engaged theirs and started winning, he had us charge, but then when enemy reinforcements came in, he pulled back the infantry to re-establish battle lines and commanded me and my men to retreat back to defend the right flank.
Maybe it's been like that for a while and I just always ignored the AI commander's orders, but it was REALLY fun

Maybe it's been like that for a while and I just always ignored the AI commander's orders, but it was REALLY fun
I didnt noticed it in the patch notes but maybe TW has fixed some ai commands that were bugged or unlocked them at lower tactics level? i remember from the realistic battles mod page that it said most advanced ai commands were locked behind pretty high tactics skill that most commanders wouldn't have so they usually only had basic advance/charge moves to play in battle (the mod unlocked those commands regardless of tactics level so the ai behaved much smarter using the mod)

I didnt noticed it in the patch notes but maybe TW has fixed some ai commands that were bugged or unlocked them at lower tactics level? i remember from the realistic battles mod page that it said most advanced ai commands were locked behind pretty high tactics skill that most commanders wouldn't have so they usually only had basic advance/charge moves to play in battle (the mod unlocked those commands regardless of tactics level so the ai behaved much smarter using the mod)
Oh thank you for this info.
Now I understand why AI behaves more like RBM in 1.5.10, though I'm not using any mods...

I first noticed it in...ahh it was either 1.5.8 or 1.5.9. Would be nice to know if something had actually changed.

I first noticed it in...ahh it was either 1.5.8 or 1.5.9. Would be nice to know if something had actually changed.
Oh thank you for this info.
Now I understand why AI behaves more like RBM in 1.5.10, though I'm not using any mods...
It's possible that they just increased some lord's tactics stats, unlocking those strategies.
Not sure if this is already the case, but it'd be cool if a higher tactics skill reduced influence cost to start an army, allowing lords with higher tactics to lead armies more often. Seems intuitive that lords would be more willing to follow proven tacticians into battle, and that proven tacticians would better know when to form armies and where to lead them

Getting horrible game ruining equipment menu lag on one machine, 1060 gpu, and sensational performance on the other 2060 gpu... Same save, same mods.

Can give further specs of the machines if requested. Also disclaimer, the 1060 gpu machine had never had this unplayable lag in previous builds.

I don't know the derpette's are still f1-f3 modding me usually. Not that waiting at the other side of the map for me to surround them is actually smart or anything, but it's usually only the lower skilled npcs that do a full charge when outpowered.

What happens to the regular troop prisoners i put in the castle i own? Do they eventually get recruited by the governor of the castle into the militia or garrison? Should i just sell them instead?

Decided to take a look at the game after 2 months and the main problem that instantly shows itself at the very first minutes is a great lag after leaving any menu - encyclopedia, village/town menu, char menu - anything. And also regular lag on the world map.

Back
Top Bottom