Help... my wife won't die

Users who are viewing this thread

Actually I understand his strategic reason. After the first wife has got 2 children she's ready for a shoot down, cause of the pregnancy model.
How else my clan could become worth the name "101 Dalmatiner"

They need to find a way to make keeping existing wives beneficial, babies or not - that killing them is the best rational move is not a very healthy attitude.
Maybe the Calradian Pope can limit the number of marriages you can have or make each subsequent marriage harder and less beneficial.
Another additional option is for the game to know that you actually shot her or sent her to battle with poor equipment. That would count as a murder and her clan would hate you, while other clans would be far more reluctant to give you wives.

Last edited:
They need to find a way to make keeping existing wives beneficial, babies or not - that killing them is the best rational move is not a very healthy attitude.
Maybe the Calradian Pope can limit the number of marriages you can have or make each subsequent marriage harder and less beneficial.
Another additional option is for the game to know that you actually shot her or sent her to battle with poor equipment. That would count as a murder and her clan would hate you, while other clans would be far more reluctant to give you wives.

An -earned- trait might accomplish this. But what to call it? Dangerous spouse? Spouse killer? Tudor (after Henry VIII)?

Making the wives pop out more babies could be a short term solution, but making your husbands and wives mean something more altogether would be the best solution. Then you wouldn't need a harem or a Mormon lifestyle. lol

Its the best move as a min max gamer to do the killing(No one forces you right? :wink: )
I agree in your Point of team killing and as a result a "murder" flag which should result in a "not trustworthy"-Trait which should make it harder by the next Romance(like rumours). So you can remove the trait if you have success with the new marriage and a good relation to your wife or husband(since he/she will tell all the clanlords what a lovley buddy you are).

Making the wives pop out more babies could be a short term solution, but making your husbands and wives mean something more altogether would be the best solution. Then you wouldn't need a harem or a Mormon lifestyle. lol
Sadly you can´t have a harem(lol)
But just to say, what do you mean with "mean". If that is a suggestion it is.....yeah you know?

Another possible improvement is to give some sort of demerit to having more children. Historically speaking, more sons means more succession crisis, but relationship in this game is tied to clans instead of individuals, so we can't have the children competing against each other. Fiefs are tied to clans instead of lords, so you can't have the power drama like a younger kid demanding a shiny castle like his big bro does.

I'll just keep these in mind for now.

So... after my first wife (Phaea) had two children she stopped getting pregnant. So naturally I stripped her of her armor and weapons and sent her charging into battle. She died on the third charge. That freed me up to marry Monchug's daughter Alijin and have another two children. She also refuses to get pregnant a third time (yes, I know the odds of pregnancy decrease with both age and the number of children they have). So I did the same with her (right after I updated from 1.5.9 to 1.5.10 beta).

I must have sent her into 30-40 battles so far and she only ever gets injured. I mean, seriously, she's like wolverine or something! I checked the release notes and there was nothing mentioned about making wives invincible... anyone else experiencing anything similar? 4 kids just ain't enough!
So... you... want her to die just because she has given you "only" 2 kids?
That is some King Henry VIII levels there, and not in a good way! (joke ofc :wink: )

You can with mods.:lol:

What do you mean? I just mean right now they're just really tools for reproduction. It's not Warband anymore. Spouses should hold more worth.
OK just an idea. Remove the option on companion to make them a party or a govenour(caravans excluded). Then your spouses mean something. Is it like that?

OK just an idea. Remove the option on companion to make them a party or a govenour(caravans excluded). Then your spouses mean something. Is it like that?
You ptobabaly don't need to do something like that. The right wife is already worth her weight in gold in terms is perks and skills. Some of them have literally impossible skillsets and they come fully equipped with top-tier gear. Combined with a bit of luck with perks and you have someone who is objectively better than a companion at everything.

I think they even skip the *****ing companions do when you act counter to their traits.

On the flipside, having a huge number of kids isn't really an advantage unless you're going for the long, long, long game...

It would be funny if your wife noticed you are trying to kill her during a battle, pulled a javelin out of her bra and shot you in the face.
Bannerlord needs team-killing NPCs.
I wish they would add secret funny stuff like that to counter uncommon exploits things, like you wife just pulls out a xbow and head shot you and you get a game over and back the main menu. Or you trick your way into the siege and the ballista shoot you anyways and you see the enemy celebrate, "lucky shot" and you get the main menu.

I wish they would add secret funny stuff like that to counter uncommon exploits things, like you wife just pulls out a xbow and head shot you and you get a game over and back the main menu. Or you trick your way into the siege and the ballista shoot you anyways and you see the enemy celebrate, "lucky shot" and you get the main menu.
You're resting in a town, and suddenly you got a message that you died from a crossbow bolt from behind while walking in the town. Now you're playing as your heir, and you have to solve the murder.

It was the heir.

You're resting in a town, and suddenly you got a message that you died from a crossbow bolt from behind while walking in the town. Now you're playing as your heir, and you have to solve the murder.

It was the heir.

Not this **** again! So many good characters ended by bratty children in CK

It was the heir.
Not gonna lie, that would be hilarious.

It was the heir.
Yes that sounds very Roman Empire

You ptobabaly don't need to do something like that. The right wife is already worth her weight in gold in terms is perks and skills. Some of them have literally impossible skillsets and they come fully equipped with top-tier gear. Combined with a bit of luck with perks and you have someone who is objectively better than a companion at everything.

I think they even skip the *****ing companions do when you act counter to their traits.

On the flipside, having a huge number of kids isn't really an advantage unless you're going for the long, long, long game...

I wish we could summon a greater amount of parties if the leader is tied to your family and not your clan ( so mostly coming from kids ).
That would be neat, in my game I mostly summon 2 of my kids, the rest is slacking here and there, governing towns.

Maybe you kill you wife in battle and every things fine until then next time you rest in a town, then you get a cut scene where you get arrested and you have to have trial with the obnoxious dialogue system and your troops testify against you "He took her gear off an everything me lord, so heartless", then you have to actually wait for 30 game years for you prison sentence to finish.

Back
Top Bottom