Forum Feedback and Suggestions (NOT Game Feedback)

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there any plan to allow direct upload of pictures from personal domains and websites in the future or is it not allowed for security reasons? I remember being able to post on the old forum pictures already hosted on private websites instead of an image hosting service using the IMG bbcode tags but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Is there any plan to allow direct upload of pictures from personal domains and websites in the future or is it not allowed for security reasons? I remember being able to post on the old forum pictures already hosted on private websites instead of an image hosting service using the IMG bbcode tags but it doesn't seem to work anymore.
There is still no plan to allow any uploads from users (beyond avatars), for security and server performance reasons.

The IMG BBcode tags work. If you are having problems using them, please provide specific details on what you are trying to do. As an example, your avatar added in IMG BBCode tags:
90111.jpg

Code:
[IMG]https://forums.taleworlds.com/data/avatars/m/90/90111.jpg[/IMG]

The IMG BBcode tags work. If you are having problems using them, please provide specific details on what you are trying to do.

No, it was related to my first point. I was asking in regards to one of my threads which used that feature extensively but that does't work anymore because the pictures are hosted on my personal website. But I understand if it is due to security and performance issues as you pointed out.

No, it was related to my first point. I was asking in regards to one of my threads which used that feature extensively but that does't work anymore because the pictures are hosted on my personal website. But I understand if it is due to security and performance issues as you pointed out.
It sounds like you are saying you are unable to use images hosted on other websites within IMG tags? Because you can do that. Yes, including images hosted on personal websites or whatever, not just image hosting sites. But... maybe I still don't understand what you are saying. If so, again, can you provide a concrete example?

The thread you linked has a ton of banner images which look fine to me in Firefox, as does that image. I'm guessing you can't see them? I checked in Chrome and see they're broken there, so I bet you're using Chrome. It would appear to be down to Chrome no longer displaying images served through HTTP links if they're on a page served through HTTPS, instead trying to auto-convert them to HTTPS image links.
I say this because of the warnings given in Chrome's dev console, similar to:
Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) blocked cross-origin response https://www.bretaigne.fr/roudrac/banners/NED.png with MIME type text/html. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5629709824032768 for more details.
In Firefox it shows the images as served through HTTP, not HTTPS, though of course it results in a security warning for the page as expected. In Chrome, it does appear to be trying to auto-switch to using HTTPS. And your site does not appear to have a proper SSL certificate for that.

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I am using Chrome. I'll have a look into it to try to resolve the issue on my side. It's good to know that the forum still allows it.

EDIT: Resolved the issue, thanks again for your help Janus.

Last edited:
Yes orange looked better or it's just because we are used to it, this color is not bad, I'm sure there is a good reason for this change?! The website already has a a lot of orange elements maybe this is better for telling the difference between links an non links.

One suggestion:
You have added a orange outline for devs comments, I suggest adding an orange outline to the pages where devs replied (in the page selection bar).

Something like that was considered, but it would cause a fair bit of extra server strain for most page loads, having to check or keep track of all that extra info for every page or even just every thread. So, sorry, but not happening.

THE FORUM SHOULD TELL US WHY PEOPLE ARE BANNED

(You see an icon near the user's name who is banned, it would be nice to see the reason for why they are banned)

Why?

A) Educate users about what not to do, since the ban is explained.
B) Notoriety - It would be nice to know why a user is banned (this is not a tautology).

It used to be a thing, there was a thread for that where people could go to ask about those who got banned or muted. I don't remember why it stopped. I think things were getting tense in that thread so the staff closed it, but I'm not sure anymore. I don't think I miss it too. Didn't really need to know why back then and I still don't now, also I'm not sure how I feel about giving attention to people who got banned.

THE FORUM SHOULD TELL US WHY PEOPLE ARE BANNED

(You see an icon near the user's name who is banned, it would be nice to see the reason for why they are banned)

Why?

A) Educate users about what not to do, since the ban is explained.
B) Notoriety - It would be nice to know why a user is banned (this is not a tautology).

You know why they are banned; they broke forum rules, either repeatedly or in an extreme way.

It used to be a thing, there was a thread for that where people could go to ask about those who got banned or muted. I don't remember why it stopped. I think things were getting tense in that thread so the staff closed it, but I'm not sure anymore. I don't think I miss it too. Didn't really need to know why back then and I still don't now, also I'm not sure how I feel about giving attention to people who got banned.

Most forums won't have any public discussion of moderator's actions for the simple reason that it wastes the time of the people who volunteer their time to moderate the forum to make it a better place for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom