SP - General Reusing "lost" noble children of extinct clans as companions when they turn 18-30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Wouldn't it be kinda cool if they come back as Companions trying to reclaim their birthright? I mean, I have an inkling they're going to re-add the ability to grant fiefs to Companions again, so it'd be cool if we have something like this anyway.

That’s be pretty interesting! What would you think would be an appropriate “birth-right” for them? A historic fief their clan owned, any fief? A bit different but perhaps wanting a fief of the clan that killed the head of the clan?

That’s be pretty interesting! What would you think would be an appropriate “birth-right” for them? A historic fief their clan owned, any fief? A bit different but perhaps wanting a fief of the clan that killed the head of the clan?
I don't know. This is Mount & Blade. They say whatever they want but it's up to you.

Probably talk lot of **** but you can just keep them as caravansers because why the hell not?

Could be a quest and they would hang with you until you retake their birthright. They'll leave and hold grudge if you don't give it to them. They'll nag you each yesr to take their fief and you get -1 relation every year. In return they could have more sway in dealing with other nobels along with the spiffy govenor skills.

Could be a quest and they would hang with you until you retake their birthright. They'll leave and hold grudge if you don't give it to them. They'll nag you each yesr to take their fief and you get -1 relation every year. In return they could have more sway in dealing with other nobels along with the spiffy govenor skills.
Sometimes though, I'd like to imagine someone resigned to service or whatever and just accepted they're becoming of a commoner, but OK I guess either a modder may add that in or base game - so as long as those "lost" children don't just... Die. Even though they could literally fend for themselves by 12 at least.

Sometimes though, I'd like to imagine someone resigned to service or whatever and just accepted they're becoming of a commoner, but OK I guess either a modder may add that in or base game - so as long as those "lost" children don't just... Die. Even though they could literally fend for themselves by 12 at least.
Yeah, that would work too. I wonder if its possible to change the class of characters though. The kids would be noble at first but then will need a conversaton dialogue added to them after the clan died. There's a lot of possibilities with those children, they could form minor factions/mercenaries when they come of age.

Good suggestion! Would even be cool to have them as companions for NPC lords.
Yeah aye, would be an improvement in my opinion. It is possible with mods alone. I actually got that Useful Companions mod to spread my personal Royal Guard companions to protect the rest of my family and stop following me all the Goddamn time.

+1 here. Always felt weird that the whole clan disappeared, I mean I get *why* they did it, would be annoying if you are at war and the damn clan won't go poof because of 2 year olds.

Would be nice to see them (if under 1:cool: move to another Clan in the Kingdom, then a Minor Faction, and maybe just "hide" until they turn 18. And if over 18 just immediately become wanderers and keep their full title - like Bob of the Dey Whatevers from Vlandia, maybe get additional governor / relation bonuses for having a former Noble in your party / town.

Hmm, NPC Lords Hiring Companions would be cool as well. The Companions would organically level up this way, I think. Suppose they go back to being wanderers or loafing about taverns as soon as their lord gets defeated in battle? Maybe mention their recent past service in dialogue?

Hmm, NPC Lords Hiring Companions would be cool as well. The Companions would organically level up this way, I think. Suppose they go back to being wanderers or loafing about taverns as soon as their lord gets defeated in battle? Maybe mention their recent past service in dialogue?
I asked Duh this re: NPC Lords hiring Companions, and he noted that wouldn't be happening. At least not yet - but would add some better dynacism to face AI parties with high-skilled captains.

It would be easier to
A have children spawn into a fief you own
B have them stay around afterwards regardless of who controls the city

from there a +5 to loyalty could be provided by the children until they age out unless killed. this means larger families provide larger bonuses.

It would be easier to
A have children spawn into a fief you own
B have them stay around afterwards regardless of who controls the city

from there a +5 to loyalty could be provided by the children until they age out unless killed. this means larger families provide larger bonuses.
It would be better for them to escape and become mini claimant quests or some ****, don't you think. Having them loafing about in the same area as they are would serve as a potential threat of the fief since they have cause to reclaim it.

I would like something like Regencies and abdication, where incase it's the last adult familymember dies for AI and there are non-adult members in the clan, a regent companion is spawned. I mean, all famillies are having servant nobility who does see the opertunity to shine, don't they? :smile:

That
I would like something like Regencies and abdication, where incase it's the last adult familymember dies for AI and there are non-adult members in the clan, a regent companion is spawned. I mean, all famillies are having servant nobility who does see the opertunity to shine, don't they? :smile:
would make it impossible to kill clans off via player agency, don't you think? If a regent automatically spawns, that means it has to be triggered everytime a clan has no more adults in them.

Back
Top Bottom