High tier equipment as a goal for end game

Users who are viewing this thread

Yea maintenance is a bad idea.

I want to spend money on fun stuff. Like assassination. Like buying favours. Like causing 2 factions to fight.

Maintenance is boring.

Hey @SadShogun. Did weapon price changes make it into the game in 1.5.10 despite not being mentioned in the patch notes? Because weapons prices seem totally different than before. Prices seem to be much more in line with their usefulness. Especially those OP swingable polearms are much more expensive.
Hey,
We introduced a modifier with weapons that have multi-uses (both one-hand and two-hand for example). These items are now priced higher by the item value model.
Other changes regarding the javelin price fixes are unfortunately not in this patch. It will be probably on the next one though.
As always thank you for your feedback!

Hey @SadShogun. Did weapon price changes make it into the game in 1.5.10 despite not being mentioned in the patch notes? Because weapons prices seem totally different than before. Prices seem to be much more in line with their usefulness. Especially those OP swingable polearms are much more expensive.
@SadShogun
Not sure if I agree with this change, this is like having equity for items (weapons/armor...), where you change the price according to the stats/usefulness/likelihood of player preferring it.
Some weapons are inherently better because of their design and cost/effectiveness. Artificially putting them all in equal ground - "usefulness" - creates disconnection between expected vs in game reality. As I mention in the previous posts, I prefer a more natural and organic approach to determine prices, where they are determined by the construction process...
I don't think giving equal "usefulness" to all items produces better gameplay, it eliminates the connection that you sometimes have with using a certain weapon (this is a big part of the fun, imo) and it makes choices harder on the player.
I agree that balancing is needed, but balancing doesn't mean equal, diversity (not equality) should be the norm!
A concept to keep in mind when balancing is creating certain routes for the player to follow and make certain items preferable for each route the player decides to take. Routes are determined by the playstyle of the player (trading, fighting on horseback...) and primarily by the stats and perks they choose and acquire. Certain items should be preferable in certain playstyles over other items, making every item useful for every playstyle is NOT a good direction.

Did item prices drop to earth level?
Will armor ever work as it should?
This are the main points the community wants to see fixed.

Hey,
We introduced a modifier with weapons that have multi-uses (both one-hand and two-hand for example). These items are now priced higher by the item value model.
Other changes regarding the javelin price fixes are unfortunately not in this patch. It will be probably on the next one though.
As always thank you for your feedback!

Thank you!! Looking forward similar armor prices changes. Paying 530K for a chest armor hurts a lot.

Another problem, which I'm not even sure needs to be corrected, is that armor is nowhere near worth the ridiculous costs associated with it. I wear what I think looks the best as well as being moderately effective, because an extra 5-10 armor isn't going to make a difference.

Did item prices drop to earth level?
Will armor ever work as it should?
This are the main points the community wants to see fixed.
I concur.
I find especially egregious that we haven't even got an a single simple ANSWER as to even the basic "are armors working as they are intended or not ?" for a whole year now. We don't even know if the lack of protection they offer is actually by design or just "to be fixed later".

Back
Top Bottom