Poll for a melee only TDM server

Should there be infantry class only tdm servers?

• Yes

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Yes, but just without cav and with archers

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

So mods a clear majority of people who's vote counts wants a melee-only tdm, the rest can play on the noob server anyway, when are we getting it?

So a gamemode where you just spamclick your mouse and hope to catch a hit? Not that playing with cav and archers is any better. In my opinion, TW should just remove TDM entirely from the game.

So a gamemode where you just spamclick your mouse and hope to catch a hit? Not that playing with cav and archers is any better. In my opinion, TW should just remove TDM entirely from the game.
The melee is perfectly fine, it's not my fault you can't use it

I get it that some people vote no for whatever reason. But why are they making such a fuss about it? Afraid that the cav and archers will run out of cannon fodder once people start going to a 'inf only TDM'?

Edit : and don't worry, once we get custom servers, inf only servers will become a fact anyway. Let it go

I get it that some people vote no for whatever reason. But why are they making such a fuss about it? Afraid that the cav and archers will run out of cannon fodder once people start going to a 'inf only TDM'?

Edit : and don't worry, once we get custom servers, inf only servers will become a fact anyway. Let it go
When you say inf only server in bannerlord, in reality it means shock infantry only.
Wow big blobs of infs swinging from left to right. Wow very engaging gameplay.

Edit. Hopefully we get get class system rework mod before that, so there will be more than one class to play with.

Melee-only servers have been tried on multiple Warband mods. They died within weeks, if not days. I don't see why it would be any different in a game with worse melee and no teamdamage.

Archers and cavs aren't that OP. It's not my fault you can't deal with it.
They're not invincible but they're definitely over-powered compared to infantry especially in terms of game mode mechanics. I'd argue that archers are more broken and harder to counter than cavalry in my experience, especially on TDM where the spawn system means someone will always eventually spawn behind you, leaving you as a free kill if it's a cavalry or archer.

Cav definitely get spammed too much in that mode too, to a ridiculous level. If you play on East Asia TDM just look at the scoreboard and 90% of the time the top players will be cavalry or archer. On occasion 90% of the team will consist of only archers or cavalry too.

I think increasing price for cavalry would solve the cavalry issue, and I think archers are fine. Only infantry server = two-handed spam, that's eh. Throwing weapons suck and if you take archers out of the equation as well then nothing counters them.

They're not invincible but they're definitely over-powered compared to infantry especially in terms of game mode mechanics. I'd argue that archers are more broken and harder to counter than cavalry in my experience, especially on TDM where the spawn system means someone will always eventually spawn behind you, leaving you as a free kill if it's a cavalry or archer.

Cav definitely get spammed too much in that mode too, to a ridiculous level. If you play on East Asia TDM just look at the scoreboard and 90% of the time the top players will be cavalry or archer. On occasion 90% of the team will consist of only archers or cavalry too.
Oh hey I play East Asia too! Yes people spam cavs a lot there. As for the archers, learning to watch out for sniping points really helps. Walk close to cover, watch out for high grounds and dark places (people love shooting from the shade), etc. It's like how you finally get used to the horse sound and charge+stab tempo. It's certainly something that can be learned, and personally I don't have much problem with them. The spawn shot is indeed hard to deal with tho.

From my experience, infantry players just love two handed weapons too much. Using shields is seen as a noob move or something. Well, not using a shield is how you get shot.

So that's the reason why I should vote yes? Because more is better?
Im not trying to convince anyone to vote yes or no. All im saying is that the nay-sayers are being quite vocal, even though there isn't much to loose for the people who don't want to play a inf only server anyway.

@Namakan
We will see if it ever happens..

Im not trying to convince anyone to vote yes or no. All im saying is that the nay-sayers are being quite vocal, even though there isn't much to loose for the people who don't want to play a inf only server anyway.
There is, actually. You're further splitting up an already small playerbase, which will lead to two things:
Short term, you now have two smaller servers. Less fun for a lot people.
Due to that, long term you will have even fewer players total since people have less fun playing.

Mainly reason for that is instead of about 80 players playing tdm, there would be about 70 players. Secondly there's no reason to try to split playerbase when player counts are all time low. Thirdly custom servers are the blessing in the future, that allows players to host what they like and playerbase will decide if it's fun or worth it. But this is not the topic of the thread and there should be more emphasis to get custom servers out, rather than bland variation of another gamemode. And lastly (and hopefully the last time) this is the third time OP has brought this out and all this has already been said before and I consider this thread to be only a spam thread by OP.

We're past the point where 'splitting the player-base' truly matters, it's survival of the fittest for game-modes at this point. There's only enough players to keep one server in a region populated, and the players flock to whatever server has players on it at the moment. You shouldn't force people to play a game mode they don't enjoy just to keep your numbers up, and the mode that players enjoy most (or most stable/casual in Bannerlord's case) will be the one that fills up.

If we're lucky, the new Duel mode will allow for controlled team-fights like this which might scratch the itch for melee-only battles. A better spawn system for TDM would also fix a lot of these issues, but TW hasn't even acknowledged that as an issue so if the mode will stay like it is now, a melee-only variant is warranted.

Anyway, out of all of the people speaking against the idea, how many of you actually play TDM regularly out of curiosity?

Anyway, out of all of the people speaking against the idea, how many of you actually play TDM regularly out of curiosity?
I play it every now and then. But as a inf player, I can't find much enjoyment, because of the massive two-handed inf blobs spamming left and right without team damage. I would love to play shield inf with spear, but what's the point if your shield is going to break in first 15 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom