Bannerlord "Just accept what we give you and stop crying" vs Valheim Roadmap

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveLig

Banned

Full Valheim Roadmap and Planned Updates

In total, there are four planned and named content updates for Valheim coming at some point in the future, as detailed by PC Gamer. There is also a fifth rumored update detailed below. We will also update this roadmap as more information releases, so be sure to check back for more.

Hearth and Home (Coming Soon)​

Hearth and Home will add numerous food recipes for all things food preparation. Additionally, this update will improve and add more features to building structures in the game. Notably, Hearth and Home is the update that will come to the game, as it was teased recently in this steam post by developers at Iron Gate Studio.

Cult of the Wolf (Release Date Unknown)​

There is not much known about the second update, called Cult of the Wolf, besides that it will involve adding combat and exploration and new encounters. It also may add more content to either the Deep North or Mountain biomes.

Ships and the Sea (Release Date Unknown)​

Ships and the Sea is an update that will add ship customization and add more content to the ocean biome. However, it is unknown when exactly the update will arrive, so we will update this section when more info becomes available.

Mistlands (Release Date Unknown)​

The fourth update is called Mistlands, and it will add content and develop the mysterious biome called Mistlands. Along with this, we imagine some of the content that will get added will be new creatures, resources, and maybe a new boss for that area.

Potential Updates (If Odin Wills it)​

The following are all potential updates the developers listed on their roadmap on steam. The exact date when these updates will come out is unknown, but hopefully they will arrive at some point, as some of them sound very interesting and intriguing.
Valheim, a game made by 5 people with a barebones website already has a roadmap of what they want to do in the future in a game that only charges 20$ for it.

Bannerlord just slaps you in the face and says "here is a cool animation video anyways see you in the next 2 months where we will bring you a cool slideshow" please Taleworlds just make a roadmap or tell me this is all we can expect so I can finally die of dissapointment, call me toxic all you want I'm being f scammed here

I played it and refunded it!

Says who? You? Nope. You wanna :poop: post you gotta take your share of :poop: back.
Yes, I made the thread, I precisely know what the point of the thread is, which is showing how Valheim has a long roadmap based on player feedback on what they want to add, and Bannerlord has a year in Early Access and the best thing we've got in 2021 was a cool animation video. I mean its not so hard to get it dude.

It is disheartening to see games get road maps that have only just come out and have a significantly smaller team behind them, but then again, even the likes of Star Citizen has a road map. Sometimes it changes, certainly, but we are always updated on it.

Only $20 for reskinned minecraft in 2021, boy sign me up!

I still do not know how you can play Minecraft and then Valheim and think they are the same, but to each their own. xD

It is disheartening to see games get road maps that have only just come out and have a significantly smaller team behind them, but then again, even the likes of Star Citizen has a road map. Sometimes it changes, certainly, but we are always updated on it.

I still do not know how you can play Minecraft and then Valheim and think they are the same, but to each their own. xD
I've never played minecraft

I've never played minecraft

Then how can you say it is a Minecraft reskin? ? Trust me, I have played tons of Minecraft and Valheim. They are not the same kind. They are incredibly different games sharing only in the fact that you can build things, but then, would that mean that Rust is the same? The Forest? No, I would not say so.

I've barely seen anything from the Valheim devs and I'd hardly consider it to be a better situation. Roadmaps don't mean much if the developer doesn't follow through. Hopefully they prove me wrong, but I'm highly skeptical that they can accomplish all of this in a year.

I've barely seen anything from the Valheim devs and I'd hardly consider it to be a better situation. Roadmaps don't mean much if the developer doesn't follow through. Hopefully they prove me wrong, but I'm highly skeptical that they can accomplish all of this in a year.
I dont think they aim to achieve that within a year, but having a roadmap at least gives you an assurance that your concerns are heard and they're going to be worked on.

Agreed, they really should improve communication and make a full roadmap of the rest of the EA or atleast update it in a yearly base like "this is what you can expect for bannerlord EA updates in this year".

Valheim's development is being slow but they released the game in a good state where it didn't needed to be patched night and day to work and they gave us a good road map saying this is what we'll be adding in the near future, no details into each feature for now but we have a general idea atleast.

Last edited:
I don't think many people understand the Taleworlds' roadmap-less philosophy as it requires deep reflection.
They are not cowards with limited vision who crave certainty, but bold explorers of the here and now.
You may go on stressing about every single misfortune that may happen to you in the next five minutes or five years, but not Taleworlds - they know this would hamper their creativity and they want to be at their best: unpredictable, laid back and fearless. Small-minded people who tug at their sleeves asking for roadmaps are generously ignored - the truth may devastate lesser minds and lesser minds are still customers.
What can you do then? Be like Taleworlds: don't dwell on the unpredictable future, but on your agency as a human being to power through the present towards more fulfilling goals than demanding justice or your money back. If it can't be done this moment, it's not worth doing.

I don't think many people understand the Taleworlds' roadmap-less philosophy as it requires deep reflection.
They are not cowards with limited vision who crave certainty, but bold explorers of the here and now.
You may go on stressing about every single misfortune that may happen to you in the next five minutes or five years, but not Taleworlds - they know this would hamper their creativity and they want to be at their best: unpredictable, laid back and fearless. Small-minded people who tug at their sleeves asking for roadmaps are generously ignored - the truth may devastate lesser minds and lesser minds are still customers.
What can you do then? Be like Taleworlds: don't dwell on the unpredictable future, but on your agency as a human being to power through the present towards more fulfilling goals than demanding justice or your money back. If it can't be done this moment, it's not worth doing.

This post gave me inner peace. But well, it's 1am, so let's see how it feels in the morning.

It would be one thing if Valheim wasn't updating with content drops or hasn't in a year, like Bannerlord. They're still incredibly new. If they don't follow through, then it is similar. So far they've at least provided us a glimpse into what is to come, even if it hasn't yet. That's one of the problems with Bannerlord.

Back
Top Bottom