Prosperity and hearth inflation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just noticed this one.

"The total hearth value of villages and prosperity value of castles and towns had a high inflation. The daily increase of these two variables is now smaller which prevents high inflation during late game."

Is this actually a thing?

For my own fiefs sure.

But more generally what I experience is more along the line that it only takes a few years for a big chunk of the map to turn into a barren wasteland; caused by constant raiding, rebellions, castles/cities being taken and then retaken.

Hell, I have even considered suggesting that there is a desperate need for a recovery mechanism. So this unexpected.

I am a bit curious what others have experienced?

Just noticed this one.

"The total hearth value of villages and prosperity value of castles and towns had a high inflation. The daily increase of these two variables is now smaller which prevents high inflation during late game."

Is this actually a thing?

For my own fiefs sure.

But more generally what I experience is more along the line that it only takes a few years for a big chunk of the map to turn into a barren wasteland; caused by constant raiding, rebellions, castles/cities being taken and then retaken.

Hell, I have even considered suggesting that there is a desperate need for a recovery mechanism. So this unexpected.

I am a bit curious what others have experienced?
The full context of that discovery was this thread:

Thank you for your reply. It was enlightening

I cannot really say that the ability of the player, over a very long period of time, to create superrich towns is something that concerns me greatly. (I dont really begrude people if they want to turn the game into a citybuilder)

My personal experience is more akin to a "deadspiral" for the world in general. In my view, it negatively impact the game by
-compelling me to put my stake down earlier than I might otherwise wish (before my friends and foes alike have burned it to ash)
-somewhat reduce the exitement off adding new (waste)lands to my domain.

For good order, I should note that I dont actually know the exact form of the adjustment.

Thank you for your reply. It was enlightening

I cannot really say that the ability of the player, over a very long period of time, to create superrich towns is something that concerns me greatly. (I dont really begrude people if they want to turn the game into a citybuilder)

My personal experience is more akin to a "deadspiral" for the world in general. In my view, it negatively impact the game by
-compelling me to put my stake down earlier than I might otherwise wish (before my friends and foes alike have burned it to ash)
-somewhat reduce the exitement off adding new (waste)lands to my domain.

For good order, I should note that I dont actually know the exact form of the adjustment.

My personal experience has been that there are certain consistent "safe zones" that form away from the borders and the rest of the towns spiral down into low/very low prosperity. I don't know why they've gone and added another soft cap to prosperity. I just happened to note the thread where the dev responsible saw things were not to his liking.

My personal experience has been that there are certain consistent "safe zones" that form away from the borders and the rest of the towns spiral down into low/very low prosperity. I don't know why they've gone and added another soft cap to prosperity. I just happened to note the thread where the dev responsible saw things were not to his liking.
Yes, it is also my experience that there are certain, particularly, border regions that are really hard hit.

It would be beneficial, in my opinion, if there were a form of catch up mechanisms in place to compensate a bit for this.

it's not a soft cap, it is a hard cap because villages are capped to the amount of food they produce. meaning towns with two villages will always lag behind by prosperity, but they also will suffer in security and loyalty.
That's true, but caravans can overcome it. It isn't a hardcap until you get pretty high.

(I can't imagine it happening in the course of a normal playthrough but I couldn't imagine a town above 9000 prosperity after the second round of nerfs and some guy rolled right up by doing it.)

Back
Top Bottom