Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

The total hearth value of villages and prosperity value of castles and towns had a high inflation. The daily increase of these two variables is now smaller which prevents high inflation during late game.
pffft.
There is a rather bad loop in the game. Prosperity affects the food consumption of the town and castle. At some point, the town or the castle will consume much more food than it can produce. +33 from orchards and +30/+45/+60 from bound villages simply not enough to compensate. Starvation leads to loss of prosperity and security. As soon as prosperity drops low enough, settlements start to accumulate food again, which leads to prosperity gain, eventual starvation, and so on and so forth.
Is this should fix that in some way?
thanks for the update.

Last edited:
i cant prevent my game into beta why when I go beta tab I can't find it I can find only 1.5.9
Steam isn't updated yet - give it an hour and try again.

Abdicating a kingdom... does that mean we could hypothetically set up a new kingdom. Get it established then abdicate and leave it? Effectively allowing the player to setup new NPC kingdoms?

For MP balancing purposes:
I see you are nerfing light infantry by decreasing the damage of throwing spears. While this is great and should definitely be done at some point, I can't help but think this will make the disparity between inf and archers and, especially, between inf and cav even greater. Nerfing infantry like this will indirectly further buff cav, which is already much too strong comparatively, as throwing spears worked well against incoming horses. Thus, I think it will be necessary to nerf cav as well to make this work, either by making their horses slower/more vulnerable, or by shortening their spears (it makes no sense that cav with proper timing hit spearmen before a spearman can hit the horse).

I thought you guys gonna change all the prices , so we can get bound crossbows and masterwork equipment...
Still on the works

Hi, armor price reductions are not decided yet, but we're working on a weapon price reduction (and rebalance) which requires further testing and polish and it will take some time to reach our players but I believe we have good progress on our item valuation model and general crafting experience. We're still considering some options about armor valuation, but time table is still not certain.

Seems like a nice patch. Not necessarily going to replay for this one but it does seem like the content is starting to flow. Hopefully not too long until we get an MP update.

Looking forward finally being able to reasonably stab a horse with a spear instead of hitting a shield for no apparent reason. Speaking about spears, is there any update on the problem of spear glancing?
The horse shield changes is a huge one for me, love that it has been (hopefully) fixed. As for spears, there are some good posts from NIN3 from the past few days:

Hey since this thread covers a lot of topics I’ll give you some updates on the combat related things we are working on, many of which we announced a while ago in the “Plans For MP” thread, or in responses throughout the forum. Many of which won't come with the next beta but sometime after that.

We will do some sort of testing with you for these changes before putting them live, but I can't say yet when and how it will happen. Everything below is subject to change, especially with the test feedback we are hoping to gather for it.
  • Increasing the spear damage window
  • Fixing horse team damage (this will actually allow for teammates to rear friendly horses)
  • Reduced turn speed for infantry (while attacking)
  • Increasing infantry speed + acceleration (same degree as for skirmishers)
  • Decreasing the WW and SS ability (check below)
  • Adjusting shield hitboxes in melee to be wider for wrong direction blocks
  • And some things regarding the blocking system and stuns (which I can't share details for yet)
About cav
I agree with decreasing cav top speeds and accelerations. We are definitely looking into it, same goes for adjusting couch lance effectiveness.

Talking of speed, we will decrease the effectiveness of double tapping WW and SS, for heavier horses. It will be slightly affected by the horse weight, but mostly by the barding weight. We made it so that no class will have a better WW and SS ability than they currently do. It will basically only affect heavy horse classes and if you chose the barding perk.

nzxWm.png

When pressing SS with a catapharct vs nomad

About throwing spears
We will keep them in the game but make the trade off bigger, probably by removing all javelins from the skirmisher if the chose the throwing spear perk. It will go hand in hand with the skill perk changes that will encourage troops to stick with their special weapons (but not forcing it).

I am not trying to shut this discussion down. It's of great help to us as many of the points above have resulted from the feedback you gave us. It would be great to shift the discussion to things that you believe are missing in the list above.
We discussed the whole list in the team when you posted it. Most of the things mentioned are covered by what we are working on.
About the other stuff:

Block delay + Stun
I can't talk about the blocking changes in depth yet, but we hope to address “block delay” with it. But to be fair about it, the block delay in Bannerlord is actually shorter than in warband, in many cases. The reason sometimes blocking is delayed is because of our blending from certain hand positions to the actual blocks. This will be changed.

Same for stuns, we are addressing those, especially for shield users, but I can't go into detail as its not finished and properly tested yet.

Chambers
Chambers are unnecessarily hard to do atm and by that not consistent. There was this great tutorial on youtube, but to be fair this will only work in very sterile 1v1 or against bots. Chambers will require some work from us, but it won't be happening anytime soon.

Enabling Proficiencies
I think there is actually more behind this than just having more depth. I believe why you and others are asking for this is because infantry doesn't win as well as it should in melee scenarios. And we agree it would be good to give them passive buff so they perform better. (same for the other classes with their proficiencies)

We want to do it in a slightly different way though. With skill perks, that will replace or be added onto existing equipment perks. There will give you proffincies in the weapon you pick, sometimes also for certain scenarios (similar to singleplayer perks). This allows us to bundle weapons, like a spear, with a passive buff granting you extra damage against horses. By not giving melee skill perks to archers for example, we can achieve the same effect.
So to no turn melee combat into a large balancing fest of backlog melee class proficiencies.
-----------
(About the "Increased the spear damage window"):

We are making spear thrusts deal damage earlier, to enable infantry that is up close to a horse, to damage it. Also it will make it so that if you do a very late stab on a fast moving horse, with will do damage and not just do an animation bounce, cause it wasnt inside the damage window yet.

But yeah this will also affect cav, but their stab animations are a bit different. They are in the damage window anyway already, on their way down to the infantry.

(About increasing infantry speeds):

Yes, I was worried about it as well. As you may remember one year ago we had a similar test in the combat test, where the increased speed would make people run past each other a lot and swing wildly. But the change we are doing has a different ratio of acceleration and it actually feels quite good, Still we obviously need to test it again and look out for it.

Note that these are geared specifically for MP, but I imagine it will apply for SP too as most combat changes have so far.

Seems like a nice patch. Not necessarily going to replay for this one but it does seem like the content is starting to flow. Hopefully not too long until we get an MP update.

The horse shield changes is a huge one for me, love that it has been (hopefully) fixed. As for spears, there are some good posts from NIN3 from the past few days:

Note that these are geared specifically for MP, but I imagine it will apply for SP too as most combat changes have so far.
Nice, thanks for sharing! The future seems bright.

Back
Top Bottom