Recruiting lords to your kingdom.

Users who are viewing this thread

If you are a merc and catch a party, don't release them, donate them to a dungeon. Damn if you catch someone who is the worst enemy of the clan who rules the town, you donate the prisoner, you can get 42 relation with them(with high charm) . Make that with every kingdom and your relation problem at the start of your own kingdom is solved. Releasing a lord after battle is capped at 6 I believe? Also give clans influence is cappped at 2(lol). So donating lords to other clan fiefs and prison breaks are the best method to build up relation. Than its only a money issue.

Last edited:
If you are a merc and catch a party, don't release them, donate them to a dungeon. Damn if you catch someone who is the worst enemy of the clan who rules the town, you donate the prisoner, you can get 42 relation with them(with high charm) .
It can go even higher.

The highest relationship gain I have achieved from donating a prisoner was a solid 103!!! (the king of valandia or the king of the western empire, I forgot which)

In regard to a point made by Midknightwolf. It is my observation that a high relationship does not appear to be an important factor in how costly it will be to recruit clans (the 100 relationship ---> 15k for a clan claim).

It is possible to recruit some clans for very modest sums; I have even experienced that a clan was willing to pay me to join. But it is my observation that the main driving factor is the clan´s relationship to their factionleader, not their relationship to you. E.g. I have also experienced having to pay 600k to convince a landless clan to join me even despite a 90+ relationship.

Last edited:
If you are a merc and catch a party, don't release them, donate them to a dungeon. Damn if you catch someone who is the worst enemy of the clan who rules the town, you donate the prisoner, you can get 42 relation with them(with high charm) . Make that with every kingdom and your relation problem at the start of your own kingdom is solved. Releasing a lord after battle is capped at 6 I believe? Also give clans influence is cappped at 2(lol). So donating lords to other clan fiefs and prison breaks are the best method to build up relation. Than its only a money issue.
OK, so when you capture a lord, you should shop around in the encyclopedia to find his enemies, go to that clan's fief, and donate the prisoner?
I've never done that! - Given how quickly captives escape, you'd need to find his new nasty home nearby.

Does this work as a vassal? If I can grab Caladog, and he's an enemy to Rhagaea, I can slap him in the hoosegow in Locharon to gain her further favor as her vassal?

In 1.6.5, as a Khusaiti vassal, I donated Nuqar to his enemy Aradwyr's dungeon. No change in relations.
I also directly bartaered Bushila to her enemy Akrum in my army, as a gift. No change in relations.

Both of these are Aserai lords I am gifting to my fellow Khusaiti lords where my relations are about 30-40.

Sigh. I think they removed that route to the respect of your peers.

In 1.6.5, as a Khusaiti vassal, I donated Nuqar to his enemy Aradwyr's dungeon. No change in relations.
I also directly bartaered Bushila to her enemy Akrum in my army, as a gift. No change in relations.

Both of these are Aserai lords I am gifting to my fellow Khusaiti lords where my relations are about 30-40.

Sigh. I think they removed that route to the respect of your peers.
Yes, I am afraid it does not work in 1.65. So, for the time being, it is back to making friends through beating them up and letting them go.

Someone at TW must be a huge fan of Kingdom of heaven:wink:

Back
Top Bottom