In Progress No good any longer

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.9.268540
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: the game was fine for several months. BUT Now it freezes unexpectedly in different scenes. On the map, in battle, in training camp. it started about a few days ago, possibly after April 27.
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

I would go on a limb and say that it would be a good idea to in this case actually fill out those Computer specs, as it may be an issue with your rig etc, and thus they can find the patch to make it compatible etc.

The obvious things to do is to validate your files aswell, cause it happends that some files get corrupted and thus causes issues.

I have actually had much better overall performance for each patch(sans 1.56 I think which had that memory leak that would occur after about 10-15 min play).

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz. Is that what I am expected to specify, or there is more?
The game ran fine on all maximum settings with 1000 soldiers in battle until late April, I assume, after new undate automatically installed. Now the action freezes in all locations.
How do i know if my files are damaged?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz. Is that what I am expected to specify, or there is more?
The game ran fine on all maximum settings with 1000 soldiers in battle until late April, I assume, after new undate automatically installed. Now the action freezes in all locations.

Another tip :

I would suggest also looking at your settings though, some of the settings for me atleast was cranked up crazy high, that I know my machine couldnt handle(read my machine is ok, but not top of the line, so I have to tweak some of them).
Example push 200 fps, this I lowered and things improved vastly.

Some of the patch did alter my settings, to "ultra" which I cant run on my specs, dialing it down, I have had no issues in performance in general.

For the question you raise about checking the files ->

Check this list, and look at the How to Verify Game Files through Steam

RAM:
Graphics card:

Another tip :

I would suggest also looking at your settings though, some of the settings for me atleast was cranked up crazy high, that I know my machine couldnt handle(read my machine is ok, but not top of the line, so I have to tweak some of them).
Example push 200 fps, this I lowered and things improved vastly.

Some of the patch did alter my settings, to "ultra" which I cant run on my specs, dialing it down, I have had no issues in performance in general.

For the question you raise about checking the files ->

Check this list, and look at the How to Verify Game Files through Steam
Thank you. Like I noted, the game ran absolutely without problems. Also, when the settings are selected, there is a graph that shows how much capacity is available or if it is exceeded. In my settings I always saw a lot of capacity still available. The PC was assembled in the fall 2020 specifically for the game, and the price was fairly high compared with other options.
To check if my files are damaged, I just deleted and re-installed the game several times, also on HDD and on SD. Same affect.
Freezing happens when the button S is pressed for motion backwards.
Oh by the way. In multiplayer this does not happen. Only in Single player campaign.

Thank you. It really helped to keep playing for 10 minutes, then the game froze during the first battle.
Try deleting the below folders and then verifying file integrity.
Make sure to backup C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
  • Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder located in the Documents folder (C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord)
  • Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder located in ProgramData folder. (C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord) Please note that you'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Try deleting the below folders and then verifying file integrity.
Make sure to backup C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
  • Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder located in the Documents folder (C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord)
  • Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder located in ProgramData folder. (C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord) Please note that you'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.
Thank you, i have tried deleting all these folder. Same effect. In battle after S is pressed, the game crashes at once.
Re-installing the game has been tried before.

Yes. OBS Studio. But I repeat, the game ran absolutely fine beginning October 2020, and only late in April 2021 it started crashing in all battle scenes. I did not instalol anything new in April.
Were you able to see the crash uploader tool? If you can upload your crash to us we can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that we can find it.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.
Have you checked out these threads about our Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds? They can help you find a solution as well.

The game keeps crashing during balles or on the map, when the buttons W or S are pressed. I do not have a window to send the files. When the game crashes, it only offers 2 options - to wait (which is useless) or to close the programme. when I press CLOSE, it closes.

The game keeps crashing during balles or on the map, when the buttons W or S are pressed. I do not have a window to send the files. When the game crashes, it only offers 2 options - to wait (which is useless) or to close the programme. when I press CLOSE, it closes.
Can you make a new Windows user account and try the game with that account?

Back
Top Bottom