The lack of roleplay elements and emotional attatchenents in bannerlord frustrate me to no end.

Users who are viewing this thread

I have no problem with a focus on the fighting. The game is a sandbox, not an RPG, and the combat system is the core part of the game. RPG elements are auxiliary aspects to that. Thus I see no problem in getting the game's basic elements fixed before moving on to supporting features.

And as has been said above. Warband's greatest strength was its numberless mods. So I think it will be with Bannerlord to fix various itches for RPG, other time periods etc. that people might want.

@dirtshrimp I actually feel the opposite. The fact that things are grounded in a history and not in random fantasy elements makes the game more immersive to me. And there's plenty of stuff in common with Calradia, its just that Calradia in Warbands has seen he empire collapse and 200 years of change affect it.

But they already had the combat more or less working back in 2016, heck they even had banners! additionally I doubt every single developer was working on the combat aspects, but given the long development time that might have actually been the case.

@dirtshrimp I actually feel the opposite. The fact that things are grounded in a history and not in random fantasy elements makes the game more immersive to me. And there's plenty of stuff in common with Calradia, its just that Calradia in Warbands has seen he empire collapse and 200 years of change affect it.
I don't necessarily mind the fact that the game is based in history, although I prefer a more low fantasy setting. I would however like to see more unique factions, that aren't just their historical counterpart in everything but name. I guess fleshing out characters/backstories would help remedy this.

But they already had the combat more or less working back in 2016, heck they even had banners! additionally I doubt every single developer was working on the combat aspects, but given the long development time that might have actually been the case.
I suppose it means how you define "more or less". The core gameplay elements must of course be more than passable or good enough so maybe there's looking for that?

I don't necessarily mind the fact that the game is based in history, although I prefer a more low fantasy setting. I would however like to see more unique factions, that aren't just their historical counterpart in everything but name. I guess fleshing out characters/backstories would help remedy this.
I just want to say that I essentially agree with you. But until TW can flesh out that lore in the game even more, a historical grinding can give some free immersion to players for the different factions.

There's nothing about improving NPC interaction in their SP roadmap (see also some informal comments here). Taleworlds people see the game as a battle simulator with few RPG elements, which is not what RPG-minded people want Bannerlord to be.
You'll have to wait for mods.
Thanks for posting this thread, didnt know it exist.

Tbh, this is after 8 years of waiting (for a better Warband) a giant punch in the face.

Back
Top Bottom