The good, yet terribly made game. Mount & Blade: Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

The only thing that can be said of Bannerlord is that it is unfinished. Even now, after all this time. When it was announced in 2012, I was hype. When it got to 2018 and there was still no word of release, I was a little less hype. But when it finally got a release, I was hype again. A little worried about Early Access after such a long development time from a company that isn't two guys in a basement, but still. I brushed that off as maybe they hadn't finished the multiplayer yet or something.

Ha, I said after that. There was two hundred weapons in the Multiplayer that weren't ported to the Single Player and the fix was so easy someone had the mod done in like two days. And, every day we just got more and more evidence that the game was woefully unfinished. And to this day it remains woefully unfinished. Less unfinished now, it's more stable and the save games don't corrupt every time past a certain day, but...Half cooked is just as bad as raw.

The only thing that can be said of Bannerlord is that it is unfinished. Even now, after all this time. When it was announced in 2012, I was hype. When it got to 2018 and there was still no word of release, I was a little less hype. But when it finally got a release, I was hype again. A little worried about Early Access after such a long development time from a company that isn't two guys in a basement, but still. I brushed that off as maybe they hadn't finished the multiplayer yet or something.

Ha, I said after that. There was two hundred weapons in the Multiplayer that weren't ported to the Single Player and the fix was so easy someone had the mod done in like two days. And, every day we just got more and more evidence that the game was woefully unfinished. And to this day it remains woefully unfinished. Less unfinished now, it's more stable and the save games don't corrupt every time past a certain day, but...Half cooked is just as bad as raw.

Honestly thinking about it, it feels like someone else actually made Bannerlord and then TW just took over the project like 6 months before the EA release. But I hear you man, I remember the day Bannerlord was announced! I was dreaming of co-op campaign, full vassal system, all sorts of cool things to do in the scenes etc. Now I'd be happily surprised if we even get feasts and proper romancing..

I would feel sad for them if it were not for the fact that they blatantly lied to us, it's loyal fanbase. Saying the game just needed some polishing and finishing touches a year ago. What an incredibly dishonest thing to say ! That is being disrespectfull toward the very people that made HIS dream possible. Asking a full price for the ''groundwork'' of a game that may very well never really achieve the end of EA...
100%

One year later its even worse in performance and still absolutely unfinished mess and they talking about EA release date, the most words you can use to describe this are very disrespectful, offensive and here not allowed, good for TW i guess.

Back
Top Bottom