TaleWorlds, We Need a New Mexxico

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you asking for more engagement personally? I've been kicking around this forum for 16 years, long enough to get new responsibilities that take up more and more of my time. Forgive me if I'm not fighting in the trenches every day anymore.

I think what the community wants is more people who are devs and perhaps senior management to be more active on the forums.

I do want to say that the community does appreciate your efforts and I acknowledge being a mod is not an easy job (I've done it before, so trust me I know), but I do think that someone like mexxico who is constantly posting and developing at the same time should be the norm.

well **** :sad:
now i feel less confident in the future of this product
I went through a couple cycles of give-it-a-chance and ragequit over the course of the last year.

Literally the one bright spot in my entire dog-s*** BL/TW experience was the time in early Fall 2020 when @mexxico explicitly addressed one of my concerns about snowballing and explicitly discussed the game plan for fixing it.

With Mexxico goes my last GAF for this company. I am now a machine fueled by hate, who exists only to bump threads about how this game sucks and TW devs are evil demonic hellspawn who are torturing us for their own psychotic amusement.
I think what the community wants is more people who are devs and perhaps senior management to be more active on the forums.

I do want to say that the community does appreciate your efforts and I acknowledge being a mod is not an easy job (I've done it before, so trust me I know), but I do think that someone like mexxico who is constantly posting and developing at the same time should be the norm.
I'd settle for a basic commitment to support mods and an actual specific roadmap with actual date-range targets.

Ideally, I want them to spell out exactly what SP features they think will make a "complete" BL game.

And then I want them to change their entire roadmap when the hardcore fanbase CRUCIFIES them for admitting that they plan on leaving nearly everything we care about on the cutting-room floor for modders to pick up.

Last edited:
I went through a couple cycles of give-it-a-chance and ragequit over the course of the last year.

Literally the one bright spot in my entire dog-s*** BL/TW experience was the time in early Fall 2020 when @mexxico explicitly addressed one of my concerns about snowballing and explicitly discussed the game plan for fixing it.

With Mexxico goes my last GAF for this company. I am now a machine fueled by hate, who exists only to bump threads about how this game sucks and TW devs are evil demonic hellspawn who are torturing us for their own psychotic amusement.

I'd settle for a basic commitment to support mods and an actual specific roadmap with actual date-range targets.

Ideally, I want them to spell out exactly what SP features they think will make a "complete" BL game.

And then I want them to change their entire roadmap when the hardcore fanbase CRUCIFIES them for admitting that they plan on leaving nearly everything we care about on the cutting-room floor for modders to pick up.

its cheesy, but yah we got modders to fix/adress issues that we dont want.

For me the game roughly is great until about 600-800 days, then it all go downhill, with endless wars, multiple wars, 0 intrest for peace(or to low).

Roadmap yes, have time/deadlines(no) thats just asking for disappointment.
Overall the issue imo is communication of lack of it, that is clear enough, easy enough to find - frustration builds up - anger - resentment etc.

I'm still only frustrated, as I "know it could be better" but since I've commited myself to not use mods during EA, but I do know that there is tons of mods out already that fixes the issues "I dont like".

I'm still shocked this thread have allowed to live so long..

its cheesy, but yah we got modders to fix/adress issues that we dont want.

For me the game roughly is great until about 600-800 days, then it all go downhill, with endless wars, multiple wars, 0 intrest for peace(or to low).

Roadmap yes, have time/deadlines(no) thats just asking for disappointment.
Overall the issue imo is communication of lack of it, that is clear enough, easy enough to find - frustration builds up - anger - resentment etc.

I'm still only frustrated, as I "know it could be better" but since I've commited myself to not use mods during EA, but I do know that there is tons of mods out already that fixes the issues "I dont like".

I'm still shocked this thread have allowed to live so long..
Well they only lock threads if they are really not constructive .... there's nothing truly toxic here. Well, I don't think so anyway. In fact my original post was actually quite positive.

Last edited:
Well they only lock threads if they are really not constructive .... there's nothing truly toxic here. Well, I don't think so anyway. In fact my original post was actually quite positive.
True, but its more on the issue about a worker being fired, alot of companies due to HR-etc etc prohibits such discussions.

I've said before, despite their many other faults, TW is quite thick-skinned. Bans and thread closures only happen here if they're very warranted.

True, but its more on the issue about a worker being fired, alot of companies due to HR-etc etc prohibits such discussions.
Sure.... but we don't actually know what happened with Mexxico and TW.

The most often mentioned explanation I have heard is simply that his contract was finished with TW... and he moved on to other things. But none of us know really.

I've said before, despite their many other faults, TW is quite thick-skinned. Bans and thread closures only happen here if they're very warranted.
I guess that's something.

But a less charitable explanation would be that they couldn't care less what any of the players think of their game, so whether we stan or trash it has no impact on their very important work of updating sheep models and nerfing caravans instead of making functional siege AI.

Forum moderators are volunteers recruited from forum users. They work for TW, but they are not TW - they are people like us.
TW gives them a pretty free hand and they know why. A couple of times in the past TW devs (who had automatic moderator powers) tried to interfere and punish or censor someone, and the forum rose up in arms, supporting moderator independence. TW backed off.

Forum moderators are volunteers recruited from forum users.
With the latest change in forum ranks of TW employees, this distinction will hopefully be more pronounced
TW_banner.png

With the latest change in forum ranks of TW employees, this distinction will hopefully be more pronounced
TW_banner.png
We won't see this much beyond "please send us your pc" Marda and "this hotfix fixes another hotfix" Dejan.
It's a nice Trigger Warning flag though: "You may find the following post traumatizing, see if we care"

Forum moderators are volunteers recruited from forum users. They work for TW, but they are not TW - they are people like us.
TW gives them a pretty free hand and they know why. A couple of times in the past TW devs (who had automatic moderator powers) tried to interfere and punish or censor someone, and the forum rose up in arms, supporting moderator independence. TW backed off.
Compare them to the mods over on the Paradox forums who will ban you at the slightest indication that you're putting some oomph into your criticism (and not phrasing your feedback in a "pls Paradox oh Great and Mighty Ones I a lowly peasant user have a humble request" tone) and it's wonderful here (even if there are an order of magnitude more white knights here).

Yeah most of the devs and mods here arent worth a damn compared to Mexxico. Callum is useless as well as the other mods here who have some power trip complexes.

Compare them to the mods over on the Paradox forums who will ban you at the slightest indication that you're putting some oomph into your criticism (and not phrasing your feedback in a "pls Paradox oh Great and Mighty Ones I a lowly peasant user have a humble request" tone) and it's wonderful here (even if there are an order of magnitude more white knights here).
Despite what is hapenning at PI right now, at least they tend to sometimes fix their stuff after being criticized, possibly via steam reviews though not actual forum posts (HOI4, Imperator, Stellaris in last few years - I really like vicky 2 direction of that game).

Why should a developer waste his time and listen to complains daily? A videogame developer during a global pandemic has more important thinks to worry about than a costumer who does not understand the concept of "Early Access" - EARLY access to an unfinished project, ACCESS to one single product is not the same as ownership over the developement process or the developer's life. If you don't like the game, refund it on Steam/GOG. It's judt a game, guys, so if you don't like it, quit and refund it. Nobody forced you to spend your money on it. Less talking, more gaming!

Last edited:
Why should a developer waste his time and listen to complains daily? A videogame developer during a global pandemic has more important thinks to worry about than a costumer who does not understand the concept of "Early Access" - EARLY access to an unfinished project, ACCESS to one single product is not the same as ownership over the developement process or the developer's life. If you don't like the game, refund it on Steam/GOG. It's judt a game, guys, so if you don't like it, quit and refund it. Nobody forced you to spend your money on it. Less talking, more gaming!
“We intend to use a range of different methods to gather player feedback and data throughout the early access period. These include engaging with users directly on our official forum and our Steam forum, requesting specific feedback through questionnaires, hosting and participating in multiplayer events alongside our community, and using analytics tools to gather data.”

I'm pretty sure over half of these people have played FAR too long to even consider refunding it. Also Like what Qwerrecd42 said, or well pasted, we were lead to believe that we would help with the development of the game. That there would be communication between consumer and dev.

And yes, we don't like this game. At least I don't, but I like the idea and style of it. So we're here to either try to help and improve this game or watch it crash further into a greater ball of fire.

And sure. Maybe. MAYBE, the devs have better things to do then read our complaints. Yet they had a year to read some of the most famous threads in this forum, those that been here since the beginning, that offered suggestions to improve this game. And they were ignored. And if they aren't improving this game, what are they doing?

Back
Top Bottom