Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Jesus was toxic and kept flipping people's tables to tell them they are wrong.
Here we have Corsair saying game critics are "screaming babies" that scared the devs away. Definitely not toxic and wrong at the same time.
To be fair the critics were screaming babies that scared the dev's away... they just happened to also be very correct in what they were saying.

Being a baby doesn't mean you don't have a good point... and this forum has done plenty of both.

Last edited:
To be fair the critics were screaming babies that scared the dev's away... they just happened to also be very correct in what they were saying.

Being a baby doesn't mean you don't have a good point... and this forum has done plenty of both.

Software developers are big boys who can take harsh criticism, I can guarantee whatever's been said by a angry, deranged forum user has probably also been said to them by an actual high-value client, who they actually have to listen to.

If you're in a high-value, low frequency client industry and get scared off by some nasty words, it's time to switch careers.

Software developers are big boys who can take harsh criticism
The shy introverts aside, there are many big baby soft devs too. I once had to do an entire business trip just because my coworkers metaphorically pissed their pants over an appointment with a mean expert. There was also that one time someone made me sit after work hours to discuss how "intimidating" my attitude is. Imagine that.

The shy introverts aside, there are many big baby soft devs too. I once had to do an entire business trip just because my coworkers metaphorically pissed their pants over an appointment with a mean expert. There was also that one time someone made me sit after work hours to discuss how "intimidating" my attitude is. Imagine that.

Aside from shifting responsibility to another co-worker, there's a difference between enjoying dealing with harsh feedback and being able to deal with harsh feedback at all. Asking someone to change their attitude over durated work periods, and being able to tolerate harsh feedback for short periods of time aren't the same.

If you self-select what feedback you do and don't read, you're limiting the data you have available, and thus limiting your potential for growth and the programs integrity and totality. I'm not a particular fan of conflict, but I can read a negative feedback comment without ****ting my pants, because I'm an adult, as most software engineers hopefully are. If not, it's time to learn, it's a skill like any other, and requires practice.

I agree, it's definitely a great part of development to have community feedback, it's just that there's a polite way to do it and an impolite way, and it seems that this forum started in a polite way, then when they didn't get what they wanted they began screaming like babies and being horrible to the devs, and now the forum community have ironically got themselves into a situation where the devs more than likely hate them and are therefore more likely to ignore the community feedback from the forum

"when they didn't get what they wanted" you make it sound like it was a flick of a switch, it was a gradual shift as more and more people got exposed to how little Taleworlds actually wanted to work with the community to make the game "the community" wanted. Doesn't matter how nice or nasty your community is then, if you aren't even paying attention to them.

For christ sake to name a few examples in recent memory: Internal combat tests with the best clans in the game were held, crush through was tested on the last day of this testing, overwhelmingly negative concerns by everyone involved but they still pushed it into the live patch and refused to remove it for months. Throwing weapons spam was in full swing last summer, they removed a large amount of throwing weapons at the communities repeated request only to return them in a patch earlier this year(no one asked for this ****) in a worse way by giving them to classes that can triple spawn with little gold saved. Both of these leave a bad taste in mouths of the small community we have left.

Now there is a line you don't cross, and some people certainly do with death threats and the like, but that doesn't represent the multiplayer community as a whole. By all reckoning the current multiplayer should be stone dead with 0 people playing but a small minority of people keep playing because they want and hope for the game to be good.

"when they didn't get what they wanted" you make it sound like it was a flick of a switch, it was a gradual shift as more and more people got exposed to how little Taleworlds actually wanted to work with the community to make the game "the community" wanted. Doesn't matter how nice or nasty your community is then, if you aren't even paying attention to them.

For christ sake to name a few examples in recent memory: Internal combat tests with the best clans in the game were held, crush through was tested on the last day of this testing, overwhelmingly negative concerns by everyone involved but they still pushed it into the live patch and refused to remove it for months. Throwing weapons spam was in full swing last summer, they removed a large amount of throwing weapons at the communities repeated request only to return them in a patch earlier this year(no one asked for this ****) in a worse way by giving them to classes that can triple spawn with little gold saved. Both of these leave a bad taste in mouths of the small community we have left.

Now there is a line you don't cross, and some people certainly do with death threats and the like, but that doesn't represent the multiplayer community as a whole. By all reckoning the current multiplayer should be stone dead with 0 people playing but a small minority of people keep playing because they want and hope for the game to be good.
No point in trying, he will do the same as usual ?‍??‍??‍?

I am pretty sure most people complaining are MP players. And I do believe they have every right.

I think it would be nice if they could write like a weekly update telling us what they are working on or something. Especially for the MP. The fact that updates barely bring anything new or sometimes even make things worse without any information on what they hell they are doing is just frustrating.

And for the love of god stop saying things are coming *SOON*.

Caught an animal. No surprises here lol. Same douchebag that's RDMing in duel mode, hitting people without their consent. He deleted his comment, but cannot delete the notification mail lul.

Last edited:
See the latest page of forum posts, the people who hang out here are just absolutely horrible and need to get a life
There is no need to call them horrible, they're simply passionate gamers and sometimes blinded by their disappointment.

That being said, I also share the opinion that this forum has been overwhelmed with anger, rage and bitterness which is not helpful or constructive for the future of the game. Like how many threads do people need to post saying the same thing over and over again? We get it. And I think the devs got it too now, we are all disappointed.

I think so many people are passionate about it because they had put all hopes in Bannerlord and have no other games to play at the moment. As customers we are free to express criticism or disappointment but there is no point in keeping screaming to a wall. If Taleworlds wanted to reply to the issues we have raised, they would have done so by now. We don't have "to get over it", but we should just sit back and see how it goes from here.

On a sidenote, worst are the entitled requests for refunds, that I see daily on this forum too. Do you ask for a refund too when you go the movies and it turns out to be ****e? I mean, we all agree that the game is a disappointment and way below our expectations, but you also have a responsability as a customer. You buy a product at your own risk, even more so for EA games, not matter how much the devs hyped the game.

That being said, I also share the opinion that this forum has been overwhelmed with anger, rage and bitterness which is not helpful or constructive for the future of the game. Like how many threads do people need to post saying the same thing over and over again? We get it. And I think the devs got it too now, we are all disappointed.
You midht be right, that there is way too much bitterness on these forums, but seeing the developers defending an irracional mechanics, or working on time consuming additions despite the game having so many very easily correctable flaws is just too frustrating to just sit and wait (how many more years to get at least the single-player working logically/realistically/not irracionally?).

Garbage company that doesn't care about most dedicated playerbase, doesn't even bother to keep contact with them, sad. And people who actually tryhard this game are just letting TW know it's ok for them to treat community like trash, they'll play anyway.

Garbage company that doesn't care about most dedicated playerbase, doesn't even bother to keep contact with them, sad. And people who actually tryhard this game are just letting TW know it's ok for them to treat community like trash, they'll play anyway.
Didn't you want to add something about modders stepping in, fixing world ? :wink:

No one takes being brigaded and keeps interacting well with the brigade

^

The moment you start screaming is the moment they stop listening

If you want someones attention you start off by being polite and quiet, but if it's apparent they are not hearing you, you get louder. If they aren't listening to people "screaming" then it means they weren't listening full stop, from the start.

EDIT: I mean I'm past the point of being invested in this game, I genuinely feel like this was my last great game to nolife play before family life comes along and kicks me in the nuts but it's left a very sour taste every time I play it.

^

The moment you start screaming is the moment they stop listening

Being blatantly insulted makes it hard to listen to someones points, even if they're right.

But there were plenty thorough, polite and constructive posts in Beta and early EA, all went unactioned. Hardly surprisingly people then turn to provocation when provocative threads are the few that recieve responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom