Less xp in simulated battles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Adrivan

Sergeant at Arms
I remember back when bannerlord released, you were getting more XP in simulated battles than live battles, but now I feel that the exact opposite is true. If I attack a big group of looters and use "Send troops" i get few upgrades, but if I go into live battle, I get at least 2-3 times more upgrades for my soldiers. Did anyone else notice this?

Award for effort? Both for the AI and the player? Or the AI can just cheat their exp but you don't?. The rules should be the same for the player and for the AI, and if it needs to cheat to be a challenge, it's not the player fault but a maimed AI. Looters were a good source of exp for newly recruits, now they are but you also have to fight manually which became grindy and boring after a few hours.

Award for effort? Both for the AI and the player? Or the AI can just cheat their exp but you don't?. The rules should be the same for the player and for the AI, and if it needs to cheat to be a challenge, it's not the player fault but a maimed AI. Looters were a good source of exp for newly recruits, now they are but you also have to fight manually which became grindy and boring after a few hours.
you think auto resolve should give more experience than fighting a battle?

Experience gained should be utterly independent of whether player is involved or not. Anything else is console level egocentric gaming for dummies

This seems like something that would be easy to solve by making it configurable.

I remember back when bannerlord released, you were getting more XP in simulated battles than live battles, but now I feel that the exact opposite is true. If I attack a big group of looters and use "Send troops" i get few upgrades, but if I go into live battle, I get at least 2-3 times more upgrades for my soldiers. Did anyone else notice this?
Early on during EA, simulated battles gave eight times the XP compared to manual ones. They fixed it as a bug.

Early on during EA, simulated battles gave eight times the XP compared to manual ones. They fixed it as a bug.
Wow, i didnt know it was 8 TIMES more. That was crazy. But i gotta say, I kinda miss it :sad:. It's painfully slow to level troops only to lose them in one big battle later.

Class: DefaultCombatXPModel
DLL: Talesworld CampaignSystem.dll
Feel free to change numbers

public override void GetXpFromHit(CharacterObject attackerTroop, CharacterObject captain, CharacterObject attackedTroop, PartyBase party, int damage, bool isFatal, CombatXpModel.MissionTypeEnum missionType, out int xpAmount)
{
int num = attackedTroop.MaxHitPoints();
float troopPowerBasedOnContext;
bla

Here:
----------------------------------------------------------
float num2 = 0.4f * ((troopPowerBasedOnContext + 0.5f) * (float)(Math.Min(damage, num) + (isFatal ? num : 0)));
num2 *= ((missionType == CombatXpModel.MissionTypeEnum.NoXp) ? 0f : ((missionType == CombatXpModel.MissionTypeEnum.PracticeFight) ? 0.0625f : ((missionType == CombatXpModel.MissionTypeEnum.Tournament) ? 0.33f : ((missionType == CombatXpModel.MissionTypeEnum.SimulationBattle) ? 0.9f : ((missionType == CombatXpModel.MissionTypeEnum.Battle) ? 1f : 1f)))));
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ExplainedNumber explainedNumber = new ExplainedNumber(num2, false, null);
if (party != null)
{
this.GetBattleXpBonusFromPerks(party, ref explainedNumber, attackerTroop);
}
if (captain != null && captain.IsHero && captain.GetPerkValue(DefaultPerks.Leadership.InspiringLeader))
{
explainedNumber.AddFactor(DefaultPerks.Leadership.InspiringLeader.SecondaryBonus, DefaultPerks.Leadership.InspiringLeader.Name);
}
xpAmount = MathF.Round(explainedNumber.ResultNumber);
}

Last edited:
I think the rules should be the same for all parties involved either AI or not. So you should get the same as the AI gets. No more and no less.
Btw I think it is actually for Ai and Player the same in simulated battles since i havent found any hint that they get more exp through simulated battles.
The only difference is the daily exp gain where they outclass the player. Though they wont get the daily exp bonus if they are in the players army(As far as the code goes)

to my knowledge that has been the case pre and post scrim exp nerf so idk what you are talking about? ai gets more exp? or less? or what?
AI gets free XP. I don't know how but I know it does. When you wipe out a lord army and he comes back after a while, the amount of "experienced" troops it has is bigger than the normal recruitment allows. Maybe I'm wrong. But I think not. Since lords can't avoid being captured constantly if they have experienced troops is for sure some kind of dev gift as a bandaid.

AI gets free XP. I don't know how but I know it does. When you wipe out a lord army and he comes back after a while, the amount of "experienced" troops it has is bigger than the normal recruitment allows. Maybe I'm wrong. But I think not. Since lords can't avoid being captured constantly if they have experienced troops is for sure some kind of dev gift as a bandaid.
Afaik the AI receives around 30 T3+ troops as “bodyguard units“ so that they don‘t get instantly killed by looters before they can recruit additional troops and the AI can recruit from all recruitment slots, as a fix to the broken AI relation system. Additionally they take troops out of garrisons to stock up.

My post was not about AI vs player though... my point was to say that if im always getting more XP in live battles... then maybe the XP in simulated battles is not calculated properly. It should be higher to match that of live battles.

My post was not about AI vs player though... my point was to say that if im always getting more XP in live battles... then maybe the XP in simulated battles is not calculated properly. It should be higher to match that of live battles.
Another problem is not that you get around 10% less XP in simulated battles as in live battles but also the mechanic of simulated battles. As far as I understand them during the simulation they game takes one random troop against the other. Than the dice will be rolled and the troop gains xp. In live battles one troop has the chance to kill more targets in time or wound them and this is the key for lvling. In live battles you can decide which troop should do nothing and which troop should attack, that's impossible in simulation.

Another problem is not that you get around 10% less XP in simulated battles as in live battles but also the mechanic of simulated battles. As far as I understand them during the simulation they game takes one random troop against the other. Than the dice will be rolled and the troop gains xp. In live battles one troop has the chance to kill more targets in time or wound them and this is the key for lvling. In live battles you can decide which troop should do nothing and which troop should attack, that's impossible in simulation.
Have you tested it to be 10%? I feel its more like 50%, but i didnt keep any actual data.
Good point about being able to select which troops do nothing, but usually I just order charge to all of them if im against looters, and still get way more xp that way.

Back
Top Bottom