SP - General Fewer Female Lords in Battles

Users who are viewing this thread

I am going to support this, not just the fact of too many female lords running around, but that any lord can raise an army. The game balance in general, once the warriors armies fall in battle the 30 lords sitting in castles all create new ones. Not that I disagree with that completely, but a trait/role based system with lords assigned as governors/ ''stay-at-home" pregnant wives makes sense from a normal, reality based sense, and also one from the general time period the game sorta follows. This helps with the massive cluster that tends to develop later in the game, as more lords are born.

...and 200 hundred years later Harlaus won't give me a fief because he never heard women leading war parties. Keep them on the field!
:lol:
Even setting aside real life, Taleworlds are contradicting their own lore. M&B 1/Warband repeatedly established that Calradia was a sexist place, and had no female troop commanders/troops without the player's intervention. In Bannerlord itself, female NPCs constantly complain about what a sexist place Calradia is, then you see a woman commanding 1000 men around every street corner. It's needlessly immersion breaking.
I see from which place you are coming from, refering to Warband. I only want to comment on the "lore" thing. A lore does basically not exist. I don't think that Armagan intended to ever have such one and that he changed his mind a lot regarding that in Bannerlord. He basically planned (and still does?) to have a sandbox module without any big story or such, so that this can be filled up by the players and modders themselves. I would expect that this old statement of him still stands true (coming from 2005, in reference to an old M&B Graphic Novel which got planned there, for the context):
A note about the storyline: I would like Mount&Blade to be a generic game system where different modules can be fitted in easily. I would like to focus my attention on the overall game system rather than the official scenario and support community made modules to the best of my effort (in a way similar to Neverwinter Nights). So I would suggest thinking of your graphics novel as the basis of an original module rather than being concerned about its parallels with the official storyline. And about the use of romance: Your initial plate has definitely hooked me up. I think every good story must have an element of romance in it, so it would really be a pity if you leave lovely Xerina all alone throughout her adventures.
For a good lore continuation to exist, the developers would also need to have played Warband a few times. And some developers might not have done so :iamamoron:

In regard to the topic on hand here: I don't mind female warriors but I also understand when some people want to have a more "historical" gameplay. In reference to my comment above: Have patience: I would expect that his aspect is moddable and that someone will create a little mod for it, so that everyone can change the settings to his/her likings. See the Native module more as something which shows the possibilities.

Last edited:
aren't the women leading parties because the men are imprisoned?

it´s a quite accepted fact that a mixed multicultural groups often performs better than a homogene and one-gendered group
link?
this is what i found
The integration showed no clear advantage of homogeneity or heterogeneity of one particular attribute over another

...and 200 hundred years later Harlaus won't give me a fief because he never heard women leading war parties. Keep them on the field!
after the fraction of the empire, the old imperial values of equalism were painted as the weakness that brought it's downfall, initiating a dark age of sorts, by the time warband begins the social structure has regressed considerably.

source: my ass

Yikes, another one of these threads. Only four replies in before someone mentioned the inevitable non-existent "woke Marxist SJWs" who are apparently singlehandedly destroying Western Civilization. What is this, 2016? While I kind of agree that there shouldn't be so many female warlords, and the environment should be more like Warband, which is more interesting, it's not a huge deal, it's the least of Bannerlord's problems. The only problem that really should be fixed, if it wasn't already, were those female lords that for some reason looked like they were 11 years old. That was weird.

"I am not an Alt-Rightist, I am a Classical Liberal and a Skeptic. The REAL problem here is those SJW commies destroying America and Europe, not to mention those that cancel and DEMAND TW to be more woke and 'inclusive'. We need to do something about that. We believe in freedom. We should be stringent and take care of the problem sorta like Hitl- uhhhh... Trump did." -xXRedPilledGamerXx

Disregarding the arguments of your opposition and their views into terminology that society shuns in order to quiet them isn't really a good way to go about this discussion. I think the only real issue in the thread has been one person, Emax, but imagine how many you could convince with a different approach to the matter.

I try to explain from my view as a woman to those with sexist standings why equality not only benefits us, but men as well. I even try to explain to them why their view is harmful and wrong. You only ingrain someone in "wrong thought" by publicly humiliating them, insulting them etc etc. Just look at what Daryl Davis managed to do. The man sat down with racists (KKK) who probably would enjoy being violent against him and convinced twenty of them, through calm dialogue, that their way of thinking was wrong. I'm not saying everyone can be talked to of course, but why even talk to these people at all if your intent is not even to change their opinions?

Also, I forget who said it, but protecting women doesn't = oppression, it is all about how it is done. Perhaps I misunderstood this here, and that's probably likely, and if that's so, I apologize.

Disregarding the arguments of your opposition and their views into terminology that society shuns in order to quiet them isn't really a good way to go about this discussion. I think the only real issue in the thread has been one person, Emax, but imagine how many you could convince with a different approach to the matter.

I try to explain from my view as a woman to those with sexist standings why equality not only benefits us, but men as well. I even try to explain to them why their view is harmful and wrong. You only ingrain someone in "wrong thought" by publicly humiliating them, insulting them etc etc. Just look at what Daryl Davis managed to do. The man sat down with racists (KKK) who probably would enjoy being violent against him and convinced twenty of them, through calm dialogue, that their way of thinking was wrong. I'm not saying everyone can be talked to of course, but why even talk to these people at all if your intent is not even to change their opinions?

Also, I forget who said it, but protecting women doesn't = oppression, it is all about how it is done. Perhaps I misunderstood this here, and that's probably likely, and if that's so, I apologize.
I wasn't really knocking OP, he seemed reasonable. I was mostly knocking the fact that these threads always devolve into people flaming about identity politics and the "libs" which are definitely here. You're probably right though. I doubt you can change many people's minds through random forum posts, but it's not really better to mock and make fun of them. A lot of the attitudes from these "anti-SJWs" though is hard not to mock. I should know, I used to be one of them. Once you get out of that rabbit hole you realize just how ridiculous it is. A lot of people have gone down there at one point and time to a certain extent.

I don't even necessarily disagree with OP, I just get annoyed when people get enraged about it. It really is not the end of the world. It's more realistic and more interesting to have the historical sexism, but there's a whole host of other things I'd rather have in Bannerlord more. Not like they'll happen or anything.

Another thread dedicated to women. You have problems people.
Totally agree with you. The misogyny in here is thick and very high cringe factor. There are almost no women in this game already and somehow a few people still manage to get their panties in a bunch over the extremely few that are there.

And this is exactly what I am after. The type of oppression we seem to inherit and exersice without beeing aware of it. The type of oppression we exersice because we believe we are superior to someone else because of gender, etnicity, age or basically anything you can think of. We think in terms of "protection" in some of the cases but the outcome is the same. It´s racism, sexism, discimination or outright oppression.
Absolutely. Well said. Anytime you try to apply a population statistic in advance to a single individual or use it as an excuse to bar them from an activity or from equal chance to prove themselves and their abilities, then you are committing a prejudice that is morally reprehensible, inexcusable, and wrong.

There are almost no women in this game already
Uhhh what? There are literally 100s of female generals, noncombatant nobility, notables, gang leaders, companions, and generic town/village NPCs. Plus Rhagaea.
I see from which place you are coming from, refering to Warband. I only want to comment on the "lore" thing. A lore does basically not exist.
You are right that lore from Warband is often ignored by new TW employees. But even within Bannerlord's own story it seems contradictory.

Last edited:
There are a lot of females in the game. I don't think wanting a more realistic medieval setting is any indication of sexism whatsoever. I'd actually appreciate the chance to make a female character that thrives despite those setbacks. It would be a lot of fun to make lords and kings crumble when they thought little of your character. lol

I'd actually appreciate the chance to make a female character that thrives despite those setbacks. It would be a lot of fun to make lords and kings crumble when they thought little of your character. lol
I had a female friend who absolutely resented the sexist comments and game mechanics in Warband. She didn't want to be aggravated by a game and didn't think of it as a challenge, just annoyance.
Different women feel differently and the historic charm of sexism is not for everyone.

I had a female friend who absolutely resented the sexist comments and game mechanics in Warband. She didn't want to be aggravated by a game and didn't think of it as a challenge, just annoyance.
Different women feel differently and the historic charm of sexism is not for everyone.

In my opinion there are places for it where it works, and where it doesn't, but I can understand why it might be aggravating to a lot of women. I wouldn't want it in a game like Mass Effect for example, where you are supposed to be an advanced society, but games like Crusader Kings or Mount & Blade I don't mind it and think it would add to the immersion and the fun when you eventually make all those people eat crow. If anything, an option to toggle that would be great, but probably way too much to ask for. ?

Back
Top Bottom