Warband Remastered

Would you like to see a remastered Warband?

• I support this as a Warband boomer who wanted Warband+

Votes: 43 32.3%
  • I support this because my ancestors told me tales of Warband's greatness

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • No, they should focus on Bannerlord

Votes: 62 46.6%
  • No, they should give up on everything and commit company sudoku

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • I'm special and want a remastered Warband MP only

Votes: 10 7.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

giphy.gif

I just come in to say hello :lol: ?

Warband is old and ugly enough to deserve a remaster. All the graphics could be upgraded to Bannerlord or better standards, and the engine performance tweaked so it would use modern PC resources efficiently or at all. A few gameplay additions like diplomacy and better formation AI would be welcome as well.
Yeah, why not.
And then you will realize how vanilla warband is shallow and lack of everything without mods... or something like that...

Should Taleworlds do this? And if they do, should they drop everything (leaving a skeleton team to fix Bannerlord bugs and abandoning their space game) and prioritize a Warband remaster?
Or should all Warband players die of old age just like Warband and leave the new Bannerlord players alone?
You can't have all at once as Taleworlds resources are limited, they are barely developing Bannerlord.
I'm both an old warband player and a new bannerlord player...

I definitely don't think a remaster should come up while Bannerlord suffers, so if it's even a plan, let it come after Bannerlord has been fixed. At the very least.

Well, Bannerlord itself it's like a "remaster" of Warband, 'cause the game is the same thing, but with better graphic, better gameplay, better everything.
Of course, at this time BL looks far away from that, but I hope when it'll be done (not so soon) we'll see what we could call a Warband remaster.

They can't even make a worthy sequel, why would anyone think that they're capable of remastering the better game
It'd be another massive ****-up, no thanks. Just leave it as it is, pure.

I'm convinced that everyone here saying "bannerlord is just a better warband" are amateur comedians

Maybe so. But even 'shallow' vanilla warband definitly feels better then bannerlord.
I think people often forget that Vanilla Warband didn't even have battle continuation after KO...

150 Max unit count (without modifying game files); Randomised unit stats on new game (for some god awful reason); Lord Exile Drain (eventually your game would literally run out of lords); massive cavalry imbalance in battle (50 Swadians knights beats everything ever), huge unit redundancies (please tell me why the Swadian melee infantry line even existed when knights were better on foot?), hugely imbalanced sandbox (Swadia always dies without the player), a single siege ladder to attack a castle, tournaments you can pretty much skip just by killing one/two guys and pressing tab, incredibly questionable auto-resolve (I lost how many Nord Huscarls to looters...?)... etc etc.

When people remember Warband - they remember Warband w/ Diplomacy mod (because that is how everyone played it; and near enough every mod used it). Perhaps we can/should expect that Bannerlord should include this by default... but that is another discussion.

There are still bits I miss from Warband - decent romance progression for one. Also Lord duelling... but if you went and played vanilla native right now with no diplomacy mod, no script changes... nothing. I think you will be very surprised.

Let us not even mention this mechanic....

CApWfsG.png

Last edited:
I think people often forget that Vanilla Warband didn't even have battle continuation after KO...

150 Max unit count (without modifying game files); Randomised unit stats on new game (for some god awful reason); Lord Exile Drain (eventually your game would literally run out of lords); massive cavalry imbalance in battle (50 Swadians knights beats everything ever), huge unit redundancies (please tell me why the Swadian melee infantry line even existed when knights were better on foot?), hugely imbalanced sandbox (Swadia always dies without the player), a single siege ladder to attack a castle, tournaments you can pretty much skip just by killing one/two guys and pressing tab, incredibly questionable auto-resolve (I lost how many Nord Huscarls to looters...?)... etc etc.

When people remember Warband - they remember Warband w/ Diplomacy mod (because that is how everyone played it; and near enough every mod used it). Perhaps we can/should expect that Bannerlord should include this by default... but that is another discussion.

There are still bits I miss from Warband - decent romance progression for one. Also Lord duelling... but if you went and played vanilla native right now with no diplomacy mod, no script changes... nothing. I think you will be very surprised.

CApWfsG.png

No one thinks Warband is perfect, but even despite its setbacks, it is still a far more enjoyable experience than Bannerlord is at this moment. And I could be wrong, but most people here probably spent hundreds of hours on vanilla before even realizing you could mod the game, so their experiences are based off that. At least, I know I didn't know about mods until I was at 150 hours in vanilla. The only real thing Bannerlord is more enjoyable for is the easier flowing combat, in my opinion.

Isn't Bannerlord a better version of Warband?
Sadly, no. See the thread linked in my signature.
Lord Exile Drain (eventually your game would literally run out of lords)
This wasn't an issue unless you kept playing for an incredibly long time. Lords were much more likely to defect than be exiled (unless they were monarchs).
massive cavalry imbalance in battle (50 Swadians knights beats everything ever) huge unit redundancies (please tell me why the Swadian melee infantry line even existed when knights were better on foot?)
And in Bannerlord 50 Khan's Guards beats everything ever due to the massive ranged cavalry imbalance (see link for testing showing that infantry is useless and ranged cavalry is the best counter to everything). Both games had flawed troop balance, but Bannerlord is the worse of the two.
hugely imbalanced sandbox (Swadia always dies without the player)
Dude, I showed you that this is wrong only a few days ago.
a single siege ladder to attack a castle
Warband: The whole army uses one siege ladder/siege tower.
Bannerlord: The whole army uses six siege ladders so slowly, that they may as well just be using one. Or they use the siege tower only after its gate has already fallen, negating its strategic advantage.
tournaments you can pretty much skip just by killing one/two guys and pressing tab
Bannerlord's issue is that tournaments aren't even worth doing past midgame.
incredibly questionable auto-resolve (I lost how many Nord Huscarls to looters...?)
Bannerlord's auto-resolve is no better.
Cows were annoying to herd, sure, but it wasn't that bad.

What is the point to keep comparing both games ? They are clearly not the same.
The base mechanic remains similar though: you control your party on a global and living map, the time freezes when you encounter an ennemy and then it switches to the battlefield for a first person medieval fight.
I certainly do not want a pale and simple copy of Warband and I support the fact that TW dared to implement new mechanics:
  • Dynamic economy
  • Clan & dinasty system
  • Army management
  • Battle terrain system
  • Smithing system linked with local economy
  • Influence and voting system
  • Recruiting system considering relation, town prosperity and notable power
Develoment is slow but hopefully everything will be tweaked and optimized in the coming months.
Really, for me Warband and Bannerlord have a different flavour.

I certainly do not want a pale and simple copy of Warband and I support the fact that TW dared to implement new mechanics:
Half of those are not new, but same as in Warband or similar (and worse). The clans and smithing are the only original BL features and battle terrain is nowhere to be found yet.

Half of those are not new, but same as in Warband or similar (and worse). The clans and smithing are the only original BL features and battle terrain is nowhere to be found yet.
So the gaming experience you had/have with vanilla Bannerlord is exaclty the same/worse than vanilla Warband?

Back
Top Bottom