My final verdict

Users who are viewing this thread

I think it all comes from the #7 update video from TW. A release date wasn't specified, but that was almost 3 months ago and when it didn't hit 1.5.9, people just assumed it will hit with the next number in the patch line.

I think it all comes from the #7 update video from TW. A release date wasn't specified, but that was almost 3 months ago and when it didn't hit 1.5.9, people just assumed it will hit with the next number in the patch line.
Man, those people are going to be disappointed.

I have been playing Mount & Blade for a bit over one and a half decades. I love it. I can wait for Bannerlord to finish. I mean, how long has it been in early access? That'll tell you how much I care about all the complaining.

Bannerlord could take another 16 years for all I care. Can't y'all just chill? Go play Fortnite or something-- TikTok flossing some more, or whatever you damn kids do these days. You know what? Get off my lawn. Bannerlord will be done when it's done.

I have been playing Mount & Blade for a bit over one and a half decades. I love it. I can wait for Bannerlord to finish. I mean, how long has it been in early access? That'll tell you how much I care about all the complaining.

Bannerlord could take another 16 years for all I care. Can't y'all just chill? Go play Fortnite or something-- TikTok flossing some more, or whatever you damn kids do these days. You know what? Get off my lawn. Bannerlord will be done when it's done.
this reads like an AI trained on reddit comment sections. nice job to whoever did the training. very realistic.

Why people keep spouting this kind of nonsense I can't understand. What other business can say "it's done when it's done" and expect that it won't piss off their customers? That kind of logic means that we may never get a full release. I have no problem with TW not rushing but we're going on 9 years since the game was announced. This isn't slow development it's glacial. TW needs to be have deadlines and do they're best to meet them. They are their own worst enemy.

He's right, though. Play something else while you wait.
As Bloc said, that isn't the point. It's not like Mount & Blade is the only franchise people on this forum play. They play Paradox Games (Europa Universalis, Imperator, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, Stellaris), Total War and Age of Empires to name a few. I imagine the development hell defenders think that anybody who is critical of the existential hell and cluster**** that is Bannerlord just sit idle at their computers, staring blankly into their monitors. For the few hours of lesiure that they have in their busy days after work/school, locked in a trance towards their screens like a cow looks at an oncoming train, not able to do anything aside from refresh the browser every few minutes to see if Bannerlord has gotten an update. Obviously we play other games, I think that's pretty damn obvious?

Been waiting a long time for a context to use this.

He's right, though. Play something else while you wait.
He's not right. The game has a direction problem and more time and a bunch of reddit-tier white-knighting isn't gonna fix it

As Bloc said, that isn't the point. It's not like Mount & Blade is the only franchise people on this forum play. They play Paradox Games (Europa Universalis, Imperator, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, Stellaris), Total War and Age of Empires to name a few. I imagine the development hell defenders think that anybody who is critical of the existential hell and cluster**** that is Bannerlord just sit idle at their computers, staring blankly into their monitors. For the few hours of lesiure that they have in their busy days after work/school, locked in a trance towards their screens like a cow looks at an oncoming train, not able to do anything aside from refresh the browser every few minutes to see if Bannerlord has gotten an update. Obviously we play other games, I think that's pretty damn obvious?
I come on this forum about once a week to check if there's a new patch with something interesting or (more likely) a fun new forum thread to read. I guess that's too much for some people since I'm daring to be critical of TW's development process.

He's not right. The game has a direction problem and more time and a bunch of reddit-tier white-knighting isn't gonna fix it
Neither will *****ing about it.

None of us here can "fix" the game. It's in the hands of the dev team, who's writing actual code and making actual assets. You know, the real work. If you want to help fixing it, do proper testing and write proper bug reports. Properly think through your suggestions, properly write it, and post it in the proper section for the devs to read.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither will *****ing about it.
Wrong. Raising your concerns, over and over, does show what is wrong with the game. That's how feedback works. Your feedback could be "this game is bad" only and if you are getting support - it's CM's responsibility to find out why the hell so many people are saying same thing. Not everyone gives super cool criticism or idea - but good or bad, both works for TW. Circlejerking or wait-and-see doesn't.
And if more people supports this idea rather than supporting "wait and see" then we might see some actual progress in this tech-demo. We "waited" and "saw" the progress in 8 years. We even saw how much they listened or cared within the timeframe of EA. So people do have right to complain and raise they concerns and no one in this forum is in position of saying "stop complaining, don't be a *****" to other members.
Properly think through your suggestions, properly write it, and post it in the proper section for the devs to read.
Even if you put dancing spiderman GIF's in your suggestions to take the attention of devs, it won't work. Why? They are not even using the forum, let alone reading your suggestions. There are only a handful of people who are actually reading and engaging with the forum and they are not the decisions makers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if you put dancing spiderman GIF's in your suggestions to take the attention of devs, it won't work. Why? They are not even using the forum, let alone reading your suggestions. There are only a handful of people who are actually reading and engaging with the forum and they are not the decisions makers.
@Bloc,

You seem to know TW pretty well. Was it always the case with them? I mean, I joined this forum a year(ish) ago, playing their games almost since their first release .. and the first thing that stroke me here was: This EA is different than any other.. the communication is so artificial and forced.. I know the game has its fanbase, diverse people - lured by promises, demanding and challenging to handle...But in the same time I see EAs from smaller companies where lead devs actually do a weekly wrap-up on their activities, engage with fans questions online, rarely PR people involved.. those reports are frequent, and you can feel you are in the middle of their business model (customer-centered).

In TW forums ... Every now and then new people pop up on the forum (myself included) start from a super hype level and slowly burn out... bring up ideas that have already been discussed. Where is the FAQ with ideas - either those to be implemented and those trashed (because of reasons). They should decide how the core of this game will look like and once for all - speak up ! (and not change their minds in the process) Some people may like it some not - but at the end of the day this has to be done. All successful EA were based on a rigid core - change style but not rules as they say.

I think they should really leave their comfort zone with the communication. No matter the status. Weekly youtube streams - 1hr at most first 30 mins is for "where are we with things" the latter 30mis - questions. This is how you show you care about the players.

After more than one month and a half waiting for a new beta we still have no clues what should we expect from it, no idea what is going to be included, what is being balanced, etc just guesses based on few outdated dev diaries.

It's hard to understood.

Wrong. Raising your concerns, over and over, does show what is wrong with the game. That's how feedback works. Your feedback could be "this game is bad" only and if you are getting support - it's CM's responsibility to find out why the hell so many people are saying same thing. Not everyone gives super cool criticism or idea - but good or bad, both works for TW. Circlejerking or wait-and-see doesn't.
And if more people supports this idea rather than supporting "wait and see" then we might see some actual progress in this tech-demo. We "waited" and "saw" the progress in 8 years. We even saw how much they listened or cared within the timeframe of EA. So people do have right to complain and raise they concerns and no one in this forum is in position of saying "stop complaining, don't be a *****" to other members.
And if they're not gonna listen then we have every right to be angry and fill up this forum with our anger. TW already got our money, they can deal with our criticism even if it's not sandwiched between bouts of effusive praise to assuage their fragile psyches as some seem to believe is necessary when giving feedback to game companies.

If that was true these people wouldn't last 30 seconds in enterprise software development. Gamers are SO patient and SO easy to please compared to the clients I've dealt with. I'd give multiple limbs to have even a single fanboy as dedicated to the defense of the products I've shipped as some of the white knights on here are for Taleworlds and Bannerlord.

After more than one month and a half waiting for a new beta we still have no clues what should we expect from it, no idea what is going to be included, what is being balanced, etc just guesses based on few outdated dev diaries.

It's hard to understood.
They already have our money. What's the incentive to give us more than the bare minimum at this point?

Wrong. Raising your concerns, over and over, does show what is wrong with the game. That's how feedback works.
[...]
And if more people supports this idea rather than supporting "wait and see" then we might see some actual progress in this tech-demo.
[...]
no one in this forum is in position of saying "stop complaining, don't be a *****" to other members.
Feedback alone doesn't fix the game. No matter what we say here and how many people support it, if the devs don't work on it, no code will be written and no assets will be modeled. Just as nobody is in a "position" to say "stop complaining, don't be a ****" nobody is also in position to prevent others to say so.

As I said, if people want to help, do it in a proper way, but know that unless the devs actually read, agree with, and work on it, it's not going to get into the game. There's no such guarantee. Why do it in a proper way? To increase your chance of being heard and agreed with. The mods do read up suggestions and bug reports and forward them to the dev team, so the best we can do is try to salvage and improve that little relationship while it's still here.

Feedback alone doesn't fix the game. No matter what we say here and how many people support it, if the devs don't work on it, no code will be written and no assets will be modeled. Just as nobody is in a "position" to say "stop complaining, don't be a ****" nobody is also in position to prevent others to say so.

As I said, if people want to help, do it in a proper way, but know that unless the devs actually read, agree with, and work on it, it's not going to get into the game. There's no such guarantee. Why do it in a proper way? To increase your chance of being heard and agreed with. The mods do read up suggestions and bug reports and forward them to the dev team, so the best we can do is try to salvage and improve that little relationship while it's still here.
We've seen plenty of times on here that the only way to get a non-boilerplate response out of TW is to raise a big stink and get enough angry people in one thread. People respond to actions, not words. Telling us to be "proper" in feedback is a bunch of empty words with nothing behind them and will summarily be ignored until TW gives us some damn incentive for being detailed and "proper".

Regular feedback is a normal thing - common in well-managed companies. The more 'formal' and regular the better motivation to actually deliver real work. I don't know man... i do it all the time. My work isn't special in this regard i presume. Little time pressure and responsibility never hurt anyone..

Back
Top Bottom