BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

Promotion in Beast#4 / Transition to 6 team divisions

Users who are viewing this thread

Without round robin it's inevitable that the arbitrary cut off point in a league is going to create some inaccuracies, another week of matches would fix those but create a few more, and so on until everyone played each other. You shouldn't look at Div D as an exact ranking of performance, but a competition for the top 2 spots where everyone at the top of the league had the hardest matches.

Moving to round robin fixes all of it going forward though.

Unless we are very lucky with sign ups there will always be a division with too many teams for a RR. BEAST is open to all and we will nto turn any team away.

Depending on numbers (hopefully we will get some new teams) we are considering having the penultimate div as the larger div, shielding the most casual teams from the higher skill 'new' teams. It still isn't a perfect system though.

Swiss system is good for picking the winner at the quickest rate possible in a large group. I think technically the cut off should be when after the last 2 undefeated teams play each other. Swiss system is okay at sorting the rest of what's underneath but as OGLs says an arbitrary cut-off point will always make it a little less accurate.

Swiss system is good for picking the winner at the quickest rate possible in a large group. I think technically the cut off should be when after the last 2 undefeated teams play each other. Swiss system is okay at sorting the rest of what's underneath but as OGLs says an arbitrary cut-off point will always make it a little less accurate.
ye it will always be arbitrary though because the numbers will depend on sign ups but the weeks will be set by the RR in the 6 team divs.

Hopefully the shorter season will make it more fun for everyone. Other tournament formats will be more relevant when (if) the game is more stable and has some more tools (streamer mode, logs etc would be nice).

I don't think there is much poiint getting too serious with tourneys just yet.

wait what?
I am still owed pay for the last 4 tourneys then.
@Callum where do I need to send my bank information :iamamoron:
Where are my royalties then? I was the initial head admin. :iamamoron:

Without round robin it's inevitable that the arbitrary cut off point in a league is going to create some inaccuracies, another week of matches would fix those but create a few more, and so on until everyone played each other. You shouldn't look at Div D as an exact ranking of performance, but a competition for the top 2 spots where everyone at the top of the league had the hardest matches.

Moving to round robin fixes all of it going forward though.
BEAST was designed to be inclusive and competitive at the same time, so I guess we have to accept that kind of bias in the lowest division, if it is any, any team which is strong enough to dominate it (like AE or DR3) will get to climb up the division ladder. To encourage teams to form and join the competition I think Swiss System made a good job so far, so I don't really see an issue in it yet.

BEAST was designed to be inclusive and competitive at the same time, so I guess we have to accept that kind of bias in the lowest division, if it is any, any team which is strong enough to dominate it (like AE or DR3) will get to climb up the division ladder. To encourage teams to form and join the competition I think Swiss System made a good job so far, so I don't really see an issue in it yet.

I think you two may be misunderstanding the other and in fact we all agree on the following:

When there are too many teams in a division for a RR we use the sorting to ensure that teams play more equal matches, that is that each team playas against teams closest to the same skill level. It is not fun for either team if there are stomps and it can be very off-putting for teams/players new to competitive play.

However, there is an optimum number of weeks for the ladder to sort effectively, after which either teams will tend to play the same other team each week OR (if we have a no re-match rule) teams play against teams with more skill disparity each week. Players complain about each of those.

If we are to allow every team that wants to to join the tournament (a founding premise of BEAST) then a choice has to be made about which of the unwelcome outcomes we allow.

Making the divisions smaller will reduce the skill disparity in every division. But there will always have to be a division that is liable (depending on the number of sign-ups) to have more than the set number of teams in it.

It is undesirable that the lowest skill teams are sacrificed to the impulse to 'punish' higher skilled players because they wish to change or reform their team.

The BEAST transition sheet is updated with latest results. To see it *click here*
Please le me know if there are any inaccuracies.

Beast-4-5-Final-Standings-Sheet11024-1.png

Back
Top Bottom