Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the best bannerlord player evah and I can make the better balancing in 1 hour than TW will ever do in 8 years, why I wouldn't be toxic with the devs that are making wrong decisions over and over again, while they've been warned that they're wrong countless times b4hand?

Early access is your release. It doesn't matter if you put an early access sticker onto it. You are selling a product to the public and are paying a full 50euro (where i live anyway) to it. People are going to review it, play it, put 100's of hours, make reviews, make mods, make guides, ...

EA = release. Except the small spike during "official release". The most sales for people who were going to buy the game have already bought it.
"I bought a ticket to the movies, and they let me see the trailer early, and based off of the trailer the movie is absolutely terrible"

Edit: You guys literally just proved my point here. Healthy criticism is fine, but some of you guys are just outright vitriolic. The game is clearly going to take ~~2-3 years to be in a fully playable state, we all know it. You're going to get to play it, it's just going to take some time. If you're not having fun, go play Mordhau/Warband, come check back in at official release.

Healthy, polite criticism of the game is great. The devs seem to like interacting with their community more than most I have seen (which I am very surprised by given the attitude of you guys, I wouldn't want to have to talk to you guys). What is not great is constantly insulting and belittling the devs/game and alienating the community from the devs. Do you think they're just sat twiddling their thumbs? They're working on the game, every day they do more stuff, it's going to get finished. Just because you don't directly know what it is they're doing every day does not mean it's not getting done.

Please guys for the love of god think of Early Access as a demo, not an official release.

Thanks to those of you who agree with me, it appears not everyone here is going to act like a baby, just a vocal minority

Last edited:
"I bought a ticket to the movies, and they let me see the trailer early, and based off of the trailer the movie is absolutely terrible"

Edit: You guys literally just proved my point here. Healthy criticism is fine, but you guys are just outright vitriolic.
But "Game is trash!" is constructive feedback! How can they not fix the game from such detailed suggestion?!

Edit: You guys literally just proved my point here. Healthy criticism is fine, but some of you guys are just outright vitriolic. The game is clearly going to take ~~2-3 years to be in a fully playable state, we all know it. You're going to get to play it, it's just going to take some time. If you're not having fun, go play Mordhau/Warband, come check back in at official release.

Healthy, polite criticism of the game is great. The devs seem to like interacting with their community more than most I have seen (which I am very surprised by given the attitude of you guys, I wouldn't want to have to talk to you guys). What is not great is constantly insulting and belittling the devs/game and alienating the community from the devs. Do you think they're just sat twiddling their thumbs? They're working on the game, every day they do more stuff, it's going to get finished. Just because you don't directly know what it is they're doing every day does not mean it's not getting done.

Please guys for the love of god think of Early Access as a demo, not an official release.

Thanks to those of you who agree with me, it appears not everyone here is going to act like a baby, just a vocal minority
Can you read the analogy again please? Do i really have to point out how comparing a movie and a videogame is like comparing apples and oranges?

Like i said, it shows you haven't actively participated in the beta and are still going on about a notion of "healthy feedback" while there is literally 0 healthy feedback to be given because it has all been said. You would know if you actually knew anything about the forums or the game.

But yeah, keep on ignoring my points and going on to make a 0 IQ take of early access. Early access is your release, that's an undeniable fact you can keep crying about, nothing will change that fact.

Another terrible take of you is to thank people who agree with you for being a minority, then calling the majority a minority. :LOL:?

But "Game is trash!" is constructive feedback! How can they not fix the game from such detailed suggestion?!
Give constructive feedback that hasn't been said during beta then. Oh right yeah.

Shouting from the roof but not doing anything.

At the end of the day you have to ask why the only ones left are harsh and “toxic”. We had some “white knights” like yourself already but they seem to barely post anymore. They’ve taken their own advice and left to come back when it’s done.

The people that are left are the super fans of the series that really REALLY want the game to be good. So it’s incredibly frustrating when they give detailed feedback on things like why the class system should get changed, taleworlds basically says “lolno it’s staying some dudes at gamescom liked it” and then there turns out to be all these problems with it anyways.

Cavalry has literally never been the best class in the game since alpha and we’ve been screaming changes from the rooftops but we just get balance changes like “reduced the hit box of all horses by 0.01%” instead of real mechanical changes.

I mean it's nice that there are superfans, and of course the game was released way too early into Early Access (and personally i think Early Access is rarely ever a good idea and certainly was not here), but my point is they don't have to be so toxic. Sure, Taleworlds went into Early Access too early, and sure they're taking a long time, but the simple fact is, it's not finished, it's not been officially released, and maybe you guys would be happier if you played something else until this one is finished rather than constantly insulting the devs?

E.g. i don't think the game's hugely playable at the moment, so i'm not playing it, and i'm playing something else. As those other people you have described are

It does not matter whether or not its "officially" released. The game is released, you don't get a second first impression. 50 bucks for a mess.

As others have said, the vast majority of the people left only want one thing: For the game to be good. But they are ignored, sometimes to the extend of TaleWorlds doing the exact opposite of what they suggest.

People stick around because they want the game to be good, but everything constructive has been said ten times over. What's left is frustration, causing troll posts and toxicity. Could they leave the forums and wait for the game to be good? Maybe. Unlikely. I can't blame them for staying.

This will keep going on until either the game is fixed to a point where there is some sort of balance and core features are integrated (read my signature, a quote from our community manager from 2018, and compare to Bannerlords reality) or until development is officially halted. Both of those things depend on TaleWorlds.

I can't see this sub-forum becoming positive until custom servers are released, to be honest. It's clear by now that the design direction and vision isn't what most MP players expected it to be, and most people have given up on trying to provide in-depth feedback when it seems to fall on deaf ears.

Another concern is that TW still plans to have a full release before the end of the year, which is really only six to seven months away, meaning the game we have now is practically what the full release will be. Looking back at what they've produced so far since early access (and arguably in eight whole years of development) you can see why people are coming to the conclusion that the game itself wont change much in that amount of time.

The best case scenario is that they've been putting in a heap of work to get the solid foundations set up so they can focus primarily on new content, but with all the crashing issues to this day I'm still sceptical on that.

I will admit that this place is pretty toxic though, and some of the people here need to chill the **** out.

The main thing that bothers me about taleworlds is that there are so many easy fixes that would make the game better already.
Simple stuff like using ² key and having a slow animation or having no cooldown for couch lances makes it terrible when you add everything together.

But none of this has been changed in almost 2 years now.

The harsh truth is, the people that are arguing with those that provide criticism of the game, are a more sour bucket in this forum. quite frankly all they're doing is looking to feud with those potential people at any given moment, and if not always berate the person themselves for thinking that way than rather you know? looking to what the people have a problem with in Taleworld's and Bannerlord.

the guardians of this forum, "you don't like it? tough luck, you're the problem. -insert random generalised comment out of thin air to demean the communities opinion."

i.e.

The harsh truth is, the people that are arguing with those that provide criticism of the game, are a more sour bucket in this forum. quite frankly all they're doing is looking to feud with those potential people at any given moment, and if not always berate the person themselves for thinking that way than rather you know? looking to what the people have a problem with in Taleworld's and Bannerlord.

the guardians of this forum, "you don't like it? tough luck, you're the problem. -insert random generalised comment out of thin air to demean the communities opinion."

i.e.
You can't make the difference between arguing about valid criticism, and how it can be handled differently or it might not be a problem at all
vs this made up story of yours of "people who criticize vs people who just want to attack them"

There's no reasoning with people when they're angry and frustrated. It will just become a game of justifications no matter what you say or do, so why bother? Might as well have fun and partake in the juicy toxic fest.

There's no reasoning with people when they're angry and frustrated. It will just become a game of justifications no matter what you say or do, so why bother? Might as well have fun and partake in the juicy toxic fest.
You're literally one of those people who only come here to be toxic and argue with people.

If you were, you would acknowledge the issues TW has and would understand why people are rightfully angry about TW saying "We will listen" to then doing absolutely nothing.
Oh I do understand. I just think being angry in general is stupid. It's not productive. And of course people will have reasons behind their angry. How could they not? Everything becomes a reason when someone is angry. Even silence will be met with anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom