SP - UI Siege engines put in reserve once build

Users who are viewing this thread

Put siege engines automatically in reserve once built.

It would remove a lot of tedious actions to prevent you engines getting damaged and your troops injured.

If I want to destroy the walls and destroy the enemy siege equipment . I need to build 4 siege engines, keep them in reserve and deploy them in one go or they get damaged and destroyed
To do this I have to manually stop the time if one is complete, put the siege equipment in reserve en restart the time. You have to this with every engine.

I posted this earlier in another tread, but I hope the suggestion will get a better reception in the UI section. It seems like an obvious QoL improvement to me,

Agreed, the action should be to engage and not a "how fast do you click" thing to stop it from being destroyed.
I also hope that choosing the weapons and timing becomes more strategic, not a case where you just choose the same siege engines all the times and deploy them all at once. And resources should matter a little bit more (skill, money, construction material, ammo and time). For example, a castle in an area with rough terrain should be more expensive and difficult to attack. This are little things that would make a more interesting game.

I will bring this up internally. If this is approved, I would imagine the build orders would be given not directly on the spot, but rather on a separate small UI. Since the machine will not spawn on the slot you selected, why select a spot to build the machine in the first place.

It would remove a lot of tedious actions to prevent you engines getting damaged and your troops injured.

If I want to destroy the walls and destroy the enemy siege equipment . I need to build 4 siege engines, keep them in reserve and deploy them in one go or they get damaged and destroyed
To do this I have to manually stop the time if one is complete, put the siege equipment in reserve en restart the time. You have to this with every engine.

I posted this earlier in another tread, but I hope the suggestion will get a better reception in the UI section. It seems like an obvious QoL improvement to me,
Yeah BUT the problem that can arise is with the newer players who wont understand/know it and would confuse them.They wouldve think that its eigher bug or that it doesent work at all.
I will agree to your suggestion ONLY if they manage to find a way to like have some pop up or some kind of info representation that will say like: My lord the ram was constructed its in reserve for you to use or something like that and get 2 birds with one stone by making it automaticaly go into reserve and at the same time do it in MORE IMMERSIVE way where you feel like you are actualy part of something and that your soldiers/engineers/npc companions arent just brainless AI just put there just for the sake to be there but actualy have imersive aspect of insetad of pop up message you get a sodlier or enginnering oriented companion tyo talk to you and say my lord we have construced the ram itsin reserve at your use.
Agreed, the action should be to engage and not a "how fast do you click" thing to stop it from being destroyed.
I also hope that choosing the weapons and timing becomes more strategic, not a case where you just choose the same siege engines all the times and deploy them all at once. And resources should matter a little bit more (skill, money, construction material, ammo and time). For example, a castle in an area with rough terrain should be more expensive and difficult to attack. This are little things that would make a more interesting game.
YES YES DEFFINETLY YES!!!!!
Bcs even building castles/upgrading castle alongside building /prepering for a siege feels like you ar eplaying some some mobile/browser game.There should be more expensive and more material dependant to build upgrade/prepare siege.Atleast even give the option to like have additional missions like in Warband but better balanced nad can have a choice to chose if you want to do it or not or send some soldiers or npc companions to do quetsts of exorting building material caravans and food supply war carawans/food where you can send certain amount of sondiers depending on how mch you want it to succede and like go to nearest towns,villages and grab all needed materials and excort it in like caravans/war caravan ma representation and stuff l;ike that.Or simply just as you are gathering armie you alos at the same time gte food/war caravan to be alredy attached to you winn all needed supplies for the war/siege material.

I will bring this up internally. If this is approved, I would imagine the build orders would be given not directly on the spot, but rather on a separate small UI. Since the machine will not spawn on the slot you selected, why select a spot to build the machine in the first place.
You also need to make sure that newer players that never played or play Banner for the first time should have some explanation to where are their engines stored onc ebuilt.
I woud also like to suggest that it would be nice/better way if devs find a way to like have some kind of info representation that will say like: My lord the ram was constructed its in reserve for you to use or something like that and get 2 birds with one stone by making it automaticaly go into reserve and at the same time do it in MORE IMMERSIVE way where you feel like you are actualy part of something and that your soldiers/engineers/npc companions arent just brainless AI just put there just for the sake to be there but actualy have imersive aspect of instead of pop up message you get a soldier or enginnering oriented companion to talk to you and say: My lord we have constructed the ram its in reserve at your use.

Exlanation/exuse Did this separatly bcs it seems i have some problems on my end and computer lagging it alredy double posted same message for some reason i deleted it tried to put this one in one but failed and as i mentioned my pc is acting up or my keyboard/mose dont know.

Last edited:
Thanks for the consideration.
I agree, a separate UI where you build the siege engines in a pool/camp before you assign the siege spots would make more logical sense.

@MRay, can you give an update on this topic? I am curious about the feedback

Back
Top Bottom