Poll to rename "The Citadel" to "The Graveyard" because its where all player feedback goes to die.

Should TW rename "The Citadel" to "The Graveyard"

• Yes

Votes: 69 72.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • Something else to express how frustrated we are with the game's development

Votes: 15 15.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, I'd tentatively say yes since it's a tragicomic idea.
Still, The Citadel makes sense. In Mass Effect, it's basically where -
Shepard dies/apparently dies.
Also, the siege of Nice was a franco-ottoman sacking of the city of Nice, but the Citadel held out. Bittersweet: bitter because the city was sacked, sweet because the Citadel held. And ironic since Taleworlds is a turkish developer.
Or... you could think of this Citadel as a place where only few people held out during the Black Death (of creativity) and opened the gates only when the plague was over. Doubly ironic because of the current pandemic.

I thought Citadel was for the hedge fund, not the space station that housed billions and was blown up by Shepard because he was duped by a small child.
Anyway, I think "MostBlunted Memorial" is more appropriate. It's like a living monument of the suffering fan.

Have we ever seen a developer or community manager reply in suggestions though? Personally I haven't, other than the occasional MP thread that get's too big to ignore.
I don't think so. The Top Suggestions thread is last edited on December 2020.

What I do know, however, is that MArda checks the Support section regularly, and forwards bug reports there to the dev team.

Actually most of the threads in Suggestions board was responded to by Dejan and forwarded by him to developers.

The issue is that the Suggestions board has gotten into a saturation of ideas, the vast majority of the new threads being clones of previous suggestions and nothing new (noone responds to those that i know of), thus is very hard for new suggestions to achieve the activity thresholds to get on the list, and the list itself is bloated beyond measure as is, but even as such it does serve some developers as an idea pool.

The easiest thing to change without changing the core of the game is UI, and Emrozdemir, the UI dev, is communicating in the UI suggestions subboard very often.

They often repeated they want the core to be as stable as possible before trying to implent some of the more complex features (from suggestions)

Not optimal, but it is how it is.

They often repeated they want the core to be as stable as possible before trying to implent some of the more complex features (from suggestions)
Thanks for the information, especially this bit. I have speculated that the team is currently focusing on the core, and that's why development looks "slow" to players. It's reassuring to get that confirmation, because usually when the core is done, pumping out features will be quick.

As i'm not part of TW, take that info with a grain of salt, that doesen't mean neither that many new major features are gonna be added, nor that they aren't.
It's only what i recall reading from the devs the past year here.

The issue is that the Suggestions board has gotten into a saturation of ideas, the vast majority of the new threads being clones of previous suggestions and nothing new (noone responds to those that i know of), thus is very hard for new suggestions to achieve the activity thresholds to get on the list, and the list itself is bloated beyond measure as is, but even as such it does serve some developers as an idea pool.
"Saturation of ideas" no, no, that's not true! Just look at the UI suggestions, you have much more engagement and new suggestions are actually looked at and implemented asap, much credit to @emrozdemir for that!

Good suggestions are being ignored because they don't "achieve activity thresholds"?!?!
That's an unfair and unproductive take on things. Controversial subjects tend to get more views and discussion not necessarily the best suggestions. It's an insult to people o bought the game and have wasted their time to try to improve it.

Devs should look at all suggestions (they are not that many) and evaluate them qualitatively not quantitatively.

Look, guys. Now that we know that they do check Suggestion, let's start having real discussions. With real ideas and realistic implementations. No more insulting the devs, cav players and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom