Suggestion: Allow us to marry female members of our family to Wandering Companions.

Users who are viewing this thread

WNxSpectre

Recruit
I'd like to suggest adding the ability to marry female members of our family to wandering companions, proven loyal members of our trusted retinue. Making the companion take on a noble function within the clan and allowing us to maintain control of both characters. I would also suggest enabling the ability for us to rename the wandering companion at this point of conversion to a clan noble.

As is I don't see much of a reason for us to marry off female members to other clans or other kingdoms, because it means losing all the work we did leveling the character up and choosing their skills. I think this would allow female members to marry and have children in a manner that we will be likely to actually use, as players.

I also suggest making very clear benefits that are significant and lasting, if we marry a female member into another clan or kingdom. The pay off would have to be very high considering it will mean the loss of a controllable character.

I like this idea. It's a good way to cement friendship and show appreciation to your brother in arms, while also strengthening your own clan. Great role playing value.

Yeah, I wanna keep my sister in the clan. I need the extra party.
Isn't there a party limit? My clan has 3 wanderers and about 14 family members, but only 3 parties.

I put the rest of them into a town and boost relation. Maybe the day will come where I put them also into villages for boosting relation.

Isn't there a party limit? My clan has 3 wanderers and about 14 family members, but only 3 parties.

I put the rest of them into a town and boost relation. Maybe the day will come where I put them also into villages for boosting relation.
There is a party limit, four parties at tier 5 and another party with a Leadership perk. I don't use family members for emissary work because they (sometimes) start off with incredible stats (including high Tactics) and develop even further with Stewardship and Trade. Moreso than companions, who are sometimes built in suboptimal ways.

It makes the sister into, essentially, one of the most powerful individuals in your clan, so I don't want to give her away.

There is a party limit, four parties at tier 5 and another party with a Leadership perk. I don't use family members for emissary work because they (sometimes) start off with incredible stats (including high Tactics) and develop even further with Stewardship and Trade. Moreso than companions, who are sometimes built in suboptimal ways.

It makes the sister into, essentially, one of the most powerful individuals in your clan, so I don't want to give her away.
Hmm my sister and brother started with 0 attributes in 1.5.9, but the children surpass even the starting character regarding attribute and focus points(nearly all attributes on lvl 6 or 8 at level 0, but you have to level them).

With current death rate I don't really see this happening. Companions are very much mercenaries you have to equip yourself at the moment. I haven't had any surviving longer than 3 wars in a row unless I tell them to retreat each time. Because of this I can't take my relatives with me to wars either and they don't develop at all. Clan is doomed when I die.

Hmm my sister and brother started with 0 attributes in 1.5.9, but the children surpass even the starting character regarding attribute and focus points(nearly all attributes on lvl 6 or 8 at level 0, but you have to level them).
I reported that error about siblings spawning with missing attribute points in recent updates. They took a few of my saves and say they are working on the problem. I found a temporary workaround for this problem, by temporarily enabling cheats and using console commands to give my siblings their missing attributes, and then turning cheats off.

If you want I can post the steps to do this.

to reach the console in game you need to press: alt + ` , you do not need to download anything, some websites try to tell you that you do, but you do not need to.

The command you need to use are:

1. Enable Cheat mode with:

config.cheat_mode 1

2. Give points to the sibling. (For me I counted 13 missing points, compared to earlier play throughs, so I gave them 13 to make up for the missing points).

campaign.add_attribute_points_to_hero 10 "HeroName".

Change 10 to whatever number you intend to give to your sibling

3. disable cheat mode from the console

config.cheat_mode 0

Last edited:
I reported that error about siblings spawning with missing attribute points in recent updates. They took a few of my saves and say they are working on the problem. I found a temporary workaround for this problem, by temporarily enabling cheats and using console commands to give my siblings their missing attributes, and then turning cheats off.

If you want I can post the steps to do this.

to reach the console in game you need to press: alt + ` , you do not need to download anything, some websites try to tell you that you do, but you do not need to.

The command you need to use are:

1. Enable Cheat mode with:

config.cheat_mode 1

2. Give points to the sibling. (For me I counted 13 missing points, compared to earlier play throughs, so I gave them 13 to make up for the missing points).

campaign.add_attribute_points_to_hero 10 "HeroName".

3. disable cheat mode from the console

config.cheat_mode 0
Thanks for the explanation. Though I've played always with this fact, so i don't care for it anymore. They are still useful for gaining relations. When I get bored of my Main character I make him even ill so I can play as one of my children.

I really like this suggestion, a lot! I could marry my sister to a close companion friend, really cool idea!
I like the suggestion also but in the current state a companion is just a mercenary with a relationship number. You pay them, you feed them, you equip them. OK they get angry when you raid villages, but that was it. Can't really say I have a close companion friend atm

Back
Top Bottom