SP - General Fewer Female Lords in Battles

Users who are viewing this thread

Female here. I don't think at all OP is "sexist", he's coming from a sort of realism perspective and I sort of agree on that front. However, it doesn't completely annoy me because this is Calradia and it doesn't operate (?) the same way as our world does. It could be that women are perfectly acceptable to join the battle field by their societies, but most of them just choose not t (that could explain why there are a lot, but nothing in comparison to the males).

The type of oppression we seem to inherit and exersice without beeing aware of it. The type of oppression we exersice because we believe we are superior to someone else because of gender, etnicity, age or basically anything you can think of.
People accusing others that they're "not aware" of evil they're allegedly doing, without actually looking at the case objectively, is just making a problem out of thin air. Look at the reality of the case. A father prevention his child from eating glue is a well-meaning act of protection. It's not a problem. It's a good thing in fact. Calling it oppression would be utterly stupid.

That's the problem with modern thinking. It drives people to think in absolutes. If someone says anything remotely against women rights, they're automatically sexist. That's what keeps happening in these threads. You need to hear what someone is actually trying to say, and judge it accordingly. Not immediately assume they're a sexist person. Making a problem just because of a difference is exactly where racism etc comes from. Different skin color is actually not a problem, but people used it as an excuse to justify slavery.

Accept the fact that people are different. Some are better at doing something, and worse at doing others, but that's fine. That's what makes each individual unique and special. Nobody is equal, therefore nobody can be replaced by another like some spare part. Each life is unique and worth caring for. That's the philosophy of my people, and where our kindness comes from.

Hell. Are you not debating me because you think your view is better than mine? Are you attempting to oppress me? :lol:

Last edited:
OP is right.

Women did command troops in the time period that Bannerlord is heavily based on. Just not in such large numbers. It was super rare, a 100:1 ratio. Pick a year in the 11th century, and no joke, you could travel the entirety of Europe and North Africa and find only 1 or 2 women who were commanding troops.

Taleworlds have said themselves that Bannerlord works best when it cleaves fairly closely to history. And they have worked hard to do that in pretty much every area... except the 50-50 gender ratio for battlefield commanders. And you're not allowed to point this out without being called a woman hater, even if you love playing other games which have 50-50 gender ratios in settings where it makes sense (modern day, magic fantasy, sci-fi, etc).

Even setting aside real life, Taleworlds are contradicting their own lore. M&B 1/Warband repeatedly established that Calradia was a sexist place, and had no female troop commanders/troops without the player's intervention. In Bannerlord itself, female NPCs constantly complain about what a sexist place Calradia is, then you see a woman commanding 1000 men around every street corner. It's needlessly immersion breaking.

(Also, bring back recruitable Sword Sisters so people have the option to do that if they want).

Last edited:
People accusing others that they're "not aware" of evil they're allegedly doing, without actually looking at the case objectively, is just making a problem out of thin air.
I think we are all doing bad things we are not aware of but I don't define that as "evil".

I´m not saying you are wrong, historically. 99.99% of historical warleaders are likely males. Maybe more nines, even olot of them..
There are reasons for that. Idealogical, biological and religious.

The biological reasons I buy. That´s the good reasons, and that alone I think motivates at least 75% male worlords, 25% female.

Idealogical... And religious for that part, can differ. For the sake of having a more diversified and including world than our own, I very much prefer having female leaders. Bases on our world, a 100% accurate setting, female charachters wouldn't serve any purpuse at all in Bannerlord. No noteables, no warriors, no warlords, no clergy(if thats ever implemented), no merchants, very few clan-leaders, some governors.... they would ONLY be useless breed-slaves! BECAUSE FEMALE AREAS ARE NOT COVERED IN BANNERLORD OR IN OTHER GAMES MEN PLAY!!(And I don't think it should - A game must be interesting!)

If that´s what we want, sure. Continue to demand it and defend it as you are doing.

That's however not what I want to support. That´s not what I want young men (and women, even if wargame - playing females are still in huge minority) to learn and appriciate. They should learn history, yes. They should learn how we treated each other in history(and still do in some places) and they should learn in a way where they can see the value of all people. Games has a HUGE power and resposibility here...!

So let Calradia be a better place - at least in this aspect! We have this option because Calradia is a made-up world only based on our history. They must not have made every misstake we did to be an interesting place!

And... I don't think your immersion and historical accuricy is worth that price. Let players have an as mixed and as inclusive set of heroes and idols as possible to make people THINK and BEHAVE in an inclusive way.

Hell. Are you not debating me because you think your view is better than mine? Are you attempting to oppress me? :lol:
Ofcource I do think my view is better than yours. But I don't think I am better than you, I don't even think you are wrong. You are just not seeing the same perspective I do. I hope you see some reason in my above argumentation :smile:

The options between genders becomes less interesting when you make men and women equal, at that point you're just picking the gender you want your avatar to be. If you actually portray it historically and show the difference between how men and women were actually treated you could have wildly different game experiences which makes for a more interesting game.
Same goes for "diversity" and "mixed" units, it isn't interesting if nothing happens from it. You get interesting scenarios if certain people don't like another group of people so you have to account and manage for that, similar to how Warband had a morale penalty for being at war with the host faction you had troops from (if you had Rhodok troops and were at war with the Kingdom of Rhodoks) or how Viking Conquest had a morale penalty for having pagans in a Christian party, or vice versa. Your idea of a melting pot of diversity just results in the end result of a melting pot, a bowl of sameiness with nothing notable.

Taleworlds have said themselves that Bannerlord works best when it cleaves fairly closely to history. And they have worked hard to do that in pretty much every area... except the 50-50 gender ratio for battlefield commanders. And you're not allowed to point this out without being called a woman hater, even if you love playing other games which have 50-50 gender ratios in settings where it makes sense (modern day, magic fantasy, sci-fi, etc).
? ? ?

Idealogical... And religious for that part, can differ. For the sake of having a more diversified and including world than our own, I very much prefer having female leaders. Bases on our world, a 100% accurate setting, female charachters wouldn't serve any purpuse at all in Bannerlord. No noteables, no warriors, no warlords, no clergy(if thats ever implemented), no merchants, very few clan-leaders, some governors.... they would ONLY be useless breed-slaves! BECAUSE FEMALE AREAS ARE NOT COVERED IN BANNERLORD OR IN OTHER GAMES MEN PLAY!!(And I don't think it should - A game must be interesting!)
Wow... that's the most screwed up thing I've heard in a while. A woman who's not in a position of "power" is just a useless breeding slave? There's so many wrong things in that statement I don't even know where to start. Do you think the effort and sacrifice a woman puts into pregnancy and giving birth is useless? And what are you gonna call women who do want to be housewives?

And I don't know what you mean by "based on our world women didn't serve any purpose at all." That's just flat out wrong. Women did fill those positions you mentioned. There were women (many) notables, (rare) warriors, (rare) warlords, (rare) clergy, (many) merchants, (occasional) clan leaders, (occasional) governors. Do you think Bannerlord making female merchants is total fantasy? Where did you even learn history from? Besides, nobody is talking about removing women from those other positions. The thread is just talking about reducing the ratio.

Look, this is exactly what I mean by "thinking in logical extremes." You think people are out to remove female lords completely. It's a dangerous way to think. It clouds your view of the world and other people. The more you disturb the surface of a lake, the less you can see what's inside it.

So let Calradia be a better place - at least in this aspect! We have this option because Calradia is a made-up world only based on our history. They must not have made every misstake we did to be an interesting place!
You don't learn the mistakes of history by erasing them. You learn them by looking at them and analyzing them. This is another reason why people who love history keeps speaking against the woke culture poisoning media. Altering the representation of history is short-sighted and dangerous. Knowledge is continuously lost through time. If people keep doing altering history, given enough time, future generations will think past mistakes never even happened.

And... I don't think your immersion and historical accuricy is worth that price. Let players have an as mixed and as inclusive set of heroes and idols as possible to make people THINK and BEHAVE in an inclusive way.
Inclusivity should not be the basis of thinking and actions. You should not dictate your thoughts and actions by the social grouping of a person, but the content of their character. Think of what will it cause. Someone might not get accepted into a company just because they haven't included enough people of race X yet. Go far enough in this direction, and that's what you will do. Racism.

You don't learn the mistakes of history by erasing them. You learn them by looking at them and analyzing them. This is another reason why people who love history keeps speaking against the woke culture poisoning media. Altering the representation of history is short-sighted and dangerous. Knowledge is continuously lost through time. If people keep doing altering history, given enough time, future generations will think past mistakes never even happened.
It's interesting how the unwoke people are only complaining about woke-like alteration of history in entertainment. Which is just a small part of how entertainment distorts actual history for the sake of making their product more popular.
But for them only wokeness ruined everything and the Western civilization is suddenly at end.

It's interesting how the unwoke people are only complaining about woke-like alteration of history in entertainment. Which is just a small part of how entertainment distorts actual history for the sake of making their product more popular.
But for them only wokeness ruined everything and the Western civilization is suddenly at end.
Nope. People complain about and make fun of historically inaccurate entertainment all the time. It's just that "woke" people tend to lash out when people point out their inaccuracies, and call people names like racists and stuff. Just like what keeps happening in these threads.

It doesn't help the fact that woke people are loud and always looking for problems. Recently there's that #BoycottGenshin thing on Twitter, as an example. I doubt it went anywhere tho.

Nope. People complain about and make fun of historically inaccurate entertainment all the time. It's just that "woke" people tend to lash out when people point out their inaccuracies, and call people names like racists and stuff. Just like what keeps happening in these threads.
While threads like these are not a proof of mysoginy or conservatism, there's a strong hint of those if you are not new to gaming sites and the gamer population overlaps with alt-right and incel groups.
It doesn't help the fact that woke people are loud and always looking for problems. Recently there's that #BoycottGenshin thing on Twitter, as an example. I doubt it went anywhere tho.
I don't see woke people starting threads demanding more equal representation of sexes. The loud ones are those that start "too many woman are ruining my life" threads.

While threads like these are not a proof of mysoginy or conservatism, there's a strong hint of those if you are not new to gaming sites and the gamer population overlaps with alt-right and incel groups.
I'm not denying that possibility. I saw many of such comments in Total War threads.

I don't see woke people starting threads demanding more equal representation of sexes. The loud ones are those that start "too many woman are ruining my life" threads.
I'd guess it's because in this particular game, the ratio is already pretty much equal, so there's nothing for them to demand. They're still loud replying to threads complaining about the ratio though. When it comes to other games and media, however, it's another story. Just like that hashtag I mentioned earlier.

implementing the option to have a meter/button for sexism if you want them to be on the field and be heirs all that leave as is then just add in the option so they are restricted from going into the field and becoming heir like how it back then was that way both sides can play what they want I think there was something like this in floris this is going to be a mod that is made anyways most likely

I really don't think generating fewer female lords to the game would do much good we would just have threads saying change it back what we need is an option like how we can turn on auto pick perks

Personally I don't really mind women on the battlefield (even if in bigger numbers than you prefer). Look at Chivalry 2, it's all a bunch of screaming men charging and chopping each other's limbs off. Sure it's fun to see for a while, but where's that feminine booty?

In all seriousness, I think a good minor solution that helps immersion in general (whether you have a problem with many women on the battlefield or not) would be for them to not go in battle while pregnant. The game just needs more lords in general to take over armies once someone has been imprisoned (it lets you increase the ridiculously low imprisonment time) and while someone is pregnant. If female lords would get pregnant often, then you also automatically will see less women on the battlefield at varying times, and biologically it just makes sense. That would help immersion since it would make sense that my 9 month pregnant wife is not out there acting like bloody Hercules.

Wow... that's the most screwed up thing I've heard in a while. A woman who's not in a position of "power" is just a useless breeding slave? There's so many wrong things in that statement I don't even know where to start. Do you think the effort and sacrifice a woman puts into pregnancy and giving birth is useless? And what are you gonna call women who do want to be housewives?
Tell me.. what purpose does a non partyleading noble serve in Bannerlord, male or female? They can be governors. Thats a "breeding-slave" to me, because if you have 3 male charachters in your clan and they are all married, at least 2 female charahters in your clan serves no other purpuse. Call that extreme if you wish but how would it look in AI clans? A lot of women would just "hang around" doing nothign at all, except breeding children. Yes, females had other important things to do at the time but none of these things are in the game. Tell me how their "power" whould shine in Bannerlord, please? Where is the "most screwed up thing you have ever heard" in that?

And I don't know what you mean by "based on our world women didn't serve any purpose at all."
.. In Bannerlord!!!
Women did fill those positions you mentioned. There were women (many) notables, (rare) warriors, (rare) warlords, (rare) clergy, (many) merchants, (occasional) clan leaders, (occasional) governors.
What notables? Some artisans, yes.
Few merchants, on the level I picture merchant notables at least(I picture them as close to guildmasters, might be wrong).
Rare landowners.
Rare/none banditleaders.
Where were the female clergy 1066? Not in any of the monotheistic religions, which can be said to cover all cultures in game depending or where excactly to put them in time.

These are "rare".
So it would definatly limit Bannerlord women to a "breeding-slave" purpose mainly.

No but you don't learn them by repeating and upgrade them either. As we can agree, noble women had a quite powerfull position in history but none of these are in bannerlord. So the games makes females position far worse than it was.

Inclusivity should not be the basis of thinking and actions. You should not dictate your thoughts and actions by the social grouping of a person, but the content of their character. Think of what will it cause. Someone might not get accepted into a company just because they haven't included enough people of race X yet. Go far enough in this direction, and that's what you will do. Racism.

Disagree. Not solving discimination problems pointing to discrimination of candidates in the favoured gruop is even more discimination.
Besides, it´s a quite accepted fact that a mixed multicultural groups often performs better than a homogene and one-gendered group, so a different origin/viewpoint can definatly be a qualifier.

I both agree and disagree with forced diversity. When I'm considered to fill some "have a woman" card it is quite insulting. Everything that I am is being super condensed into that one thing. The first thing they consider isn't my skill or what I can bring to the table, but that I am a woman they need to file under a check list. However, on the other hand, if we did not have these things, minorities like the black community or women, would hardly get any opportunities—be it for college, work, roles for movies etc etc. It has its purposes, it is just a shame we need it in the first place.

The options between genders becomes less interesting when you make men and women equal, at that point you're just picking the gender you want your avatar to be. If you actually portray it historically and show the difference between how men and women were actually treated you could have wildly different game experiences which makes for a more interesting game.
Same goes for "diversity" and "mixed" units, it isn't interesting if nothing happens from it. You get interesting scenarios if certain people don't like another group of people so you have to account and manage for that, similar to how Warband had a morale penalty for being at war with the host faction you had troops from (if you had Rhodok troops and were at war with the Kingdom of Rhodoks) or how Viking Conquest had a morale penalty for having pagans in a Christian party, or vice versa. Your idea of a melting pot of diversity just results in the end result of a melting pot, a bowl of sameiness with nothing notable.

It would offer an interesting experience if I could select a female and face some discrimination from some of the lords, so that when I make them eat crow with my superior skills their sexism seems even more stupid. That's probably going to anger a lot of people, but as a female player, I don't need nor want to pretend these things didn't or don't exist. It's part of the reason why Daenerys in the A Song of Ice and Fire books can have such interesting scenes, because despite the opposition and assumption she faces simply because she is a woman, she does unimaginable things like conquering cities, ending slavery, gaining the respect and admiration of an entire elite army etc etc. Despite all she faces, she comes through, somehow.

Showing these things in a game, book or movie doesn't necessarily mean you are supporting sexism/etc itself, either. At least, that's what I believe.

Double post in all caps
I think we are all doing bad things we are not aware of but I don't define that as "evil".

I´m not saying you are wrong, historically. 99.99% of historical warleaders are likely males. Maybe more nines, even olot of them..
There are reasons for that. Idealogical, biological and religious.

The biological reasons I buy. That´s the good reasons, and that alone I think motivates at least 75% male worlords, 25% female.

If that´s what we want, sure. Continue to demand it and defend it as you are doing.

That's however not what I want to support. That´s not what I want young men (and women, even if wargame - playing females are still in huge minority) to learn and appriciate. They should learn history, yes. They should learn how we treated each other in history(and still do in some places) and they should learn in a way where they can see the value of all people. Games has a HUGE power and resposibility here...!

Ofcource I do think my view is better than yours. But I don't think I am better than you, I don't even think you are wrong. You are just not seeing the same perspective I do. I hope you see some reason in my above argumentation :smile:
note:reson why its in big letter is bcs the caps lock is broken off and the thingy is stuck (for now)cant put it out need needle or toothpick to get it unstuck or push it down to work.

Moderator edit: Not anymore ^^

you alredy have millions of other games tackling that so called equality stuff let us have atleast 1 game that is based of of middle ages period to have some middle ages flavour to it and not 2020-2021 mindset,look at the world in a game where that logic/look at the world wouldnt make any sense alongside that would be extremely immersion breaking.i woull please love to have every like 5-10 years atelast minimum 1 or two game that are set in medieval period actualy set adn feel like you are in one and nt just a marketing ploy of hey ist edieval but hey you have dragons,airpanes,fling sausr,alien with 10 eyes and three tit and 150 imaginary gendes.

i love when there are females in games bcs consattly looking at duds gets borig fast but also what i love even more is if the females were put naturaly!!!!!! in the game and have a natrual feel to them where some quest or some even pop up and says hey im the new queen of cloud emire all due to our enemies who killed my father or brotehr or husband and now i will seek revenge upon them nad wont let them slaughter our people it is on me now to lead and protect.and liek have some story lines wich bring females up in front and have an actual impact and natural progresion of how they ended at the leading position liek hey ist due to new laws thatw er eput due to not ahving male heir or hey we dont have any male heir so they put female hair even thou that might spark civi war nad disatisfaction among some lords and then as female ruler she slowly but surely adn inteligently or inteligenty depenidng on her traits woudl eigher exel and unify adn become stron epire under her rule or bring doom upon it.

i rather prefere this to be in place specificaly in medieval type of gamesthan just oh its 2021 so we now must put women atall costs no matter the cost.no matter if it breaks immersion,breaks the lore of the game we as devs need to checkmark this bcs its 2021 so we must put 2021 midnset into agem that is set in/inspired by hisory.

then peole use exuse as oh but ist jts a game or oh its fantasy it isnt liek fully real life representation.yes but even thou ist a fantasy and a game i t still doesnet have magic,wizards,dragons put in it what prevents them doing so bcs hey its a game and its fantasy ibcs bcs while its fantasy its frounded one and is following/inspired by the set period from real life and while due to compexity and wastnes they dont nfully do it by teh book they atelast stick tyo the feel of it.

also its not like there werent females in warband but those females felt much more in place and more naturaly put in there and depending on plaeyrs play could even amke females exel and be afactor in battels/wars and tast was one of the charms/flavor/diffeence tat added to warband.

i litetraly loved sworn sister and in almost 80% of my playthrous i always had acontingent of exactly 30 sword sisters as a some type of shock cavarly wich i used at specific moments and treated as wery special unit so i purposly ste them to only 30 in party and payed attention to properly manuver them and have as least amount of casualy.i loved whne women were put in game snaturaly and had some sort of explanation or progresion why they reached the place/position they reached and not just simply put being there for teh sake of being there due to 2020-2021 political climate.

there was never an issue of having a women in the games but the way women were put in the game wich in like 95% of cases was oh woman was put there simply cbs of 2020-2021 political climet and for dev studio to not be seen as bigots and sexists rather than naturaly and with compeling story/backstory/storyline/or nautural progresion being put.

there is a reason tomb raider was belowed and sold good chunk its bcs the lead woman fitted in the setting perfectly,the woman wasnt just put there just csb she was a woma but tehre was atleast som ebackgroudns and some progrsion to the cahracter and story wich made her fit in the gamesetting and become beloved its not just sb hey tehre is a female oh look at the tt oh look at the body but ther eewere mroe compele dby the story a nd teh character herself ratehr than her way of look in the game (while the first thimg and firt thought is all about the looks cbs we are vbisual/judgemental people by nature but as firts mission past we are alredy in the game bcs of the storya dn character itself and forget about the looks part and are driven by the story,character istelf and how the character is naturaly fluidly fitting the given setting that game is put in).

while threads like these are not a proof of mysoginy or conservatism, there's a strong hint of those if you are not new to gaming sites and the gamer population overlaps with alt-right and incel groups.

i don't see woke people starting threads demanding more equal representation of sexes. the loud ones are those that start "too many woman are ruining my life" threads.

disclaimer/note:reson why its in big letter is bcs the caps lock is broken off and the thingy is stuck (for now)cant put it out need needle or toothpick to get it unstuck or push it down to work.

you are deffinetly lying or living in a cave one of those two or both.you exposed yoruself for what you are a convinient shortsighted at obvious facts tahst been hapenig all the time and saying oh i all see is peoel tat say no more women.reay??? realy?????

i litetraly se every game taht comes out having treads,reddit treads constantly attacking devs being homophobic and sexist and demand females be in everything and if female isnto a rambo like male version character then hey go with cancel culture capagins and try to destroy devs/studios reputation using twitter,reddit,many ohe treads.

seems that you realy ned to get out of your cave and research some stuff.twitter is litteraly filleld with cancel culture where you can litetraly lose yoru job,your family life gets ruined simpy for wearking a shirt that has pictore of cartooon women in bikini or just random shirt tat has nothing to do with anything yet the person gets atrgeted by the twiter puritan wokes liek yourself and then gets doxxed his workplace gets filed with ridiculous false,lying calls and claims (like you are obviously doing in the comments) and then lose their jobs and live lyhood that supports his family simply cbs he wore a totaly random shirt he randomly bought at the 1$ store.

bdw for your information my fiends friend was the 2nd example where he just randomly bought a shirt taht ahd nothing worth of losing the job *cant remmeber corrctly bujt i think it was keep calm and gte a grl or something lie that) and your wokes randomly stumbled on his picture via searching (kid you not some of the wokes litteraly sit down and purposly go out f their way and actualy serach for anything to twist and turn it nto cancel capagin) afteer they found his fb page they immedietly started the cancel capagin calling him homophobic and ten started spreading lies and missinformaton then he was doxxed by them the found out wher ehe worked and started harrasing and demading him being fired saying/claiming he is a sexist homophobe and anti lgbt for literaly 2-3 months until finaly he lost his job not only due to harrasment taht company was getting but also due to breakdown that he had his preformance got bismal and started having mistakes due to breakdowns he eve got a paaranoia every time the phone rang.in the end he lost his job so his family was basicaly on the streets cbs they stil didnt fully paid off the house they lived in so theyw ere forced to live with wifes parents for like year or so (if i remmemebr correctly) and due to his freakouts and breakdowns and paranoia the marriage was broken and tehy ended up divorcing wich ended in him having to pay for kids bcs motehr got the kids wich ended in him beoming compeatly homeles with ocasional living with few of the friends he actualy lived with me/le him stay for like a week at my place.in the end thankfuly we managed to help him out and he got back on his feet but still till tis day he has ticks wher eeach time the phone rings he gets strartled.

so sorry but i dont belive in your oh i dont see woke poeple doing stuff and scream.you are one big liar thast what you are and i strongly stand by the statment of you beig a baiting liar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we just have a faction of amazon female characters that hadouken one shot perma-kill everyone they come into contact with
Make sure to give them anime armour
Or just do the total sex convertion opposite to whats in the game now. Luconia, Garia and Rhagael at the empires' helms. Adrama (Aserai), Olka (Sturgia), Raganvalda (Sturgia), Caladogia (Battania or Battan, lets change other names too!), Dertherta in Vlandion... Just some loose ideas. Let US switch it complately by just pressing "new sexes" game button..

Back
Top Bottom