My final verdict

Users who are viewing this thread

Come now, you can't really believe that. 2.5k hours and you think he doesn't enjoy it? You got a bit salty here, my guy.

Although I didn't mention enjoyment, I would actually guess no. I very much doubt he enjoyed all 2.5k hrs. That's why I brought up the sunken cost fallacy (well i've already played this much and payed for it, might as well keep playing - very common among MMO players, think WoW, etc...).

But I can't know his true feelings about the game. Just my guess.

Again, the whole point is, he brought up 2.5k hrs in Bannerlord vs under 2 hrs in Valheim trying to indicate that Bannerlord was better. Its not better, they have the same type of grinds and boring repeated play ad nauseum.

Last edited:
Come now, you can't really believe that. 2.5k hours and you think he doesn't enjoy it? You got a bit salty here, my guy.

Yeah I suppose I did get salty. Its likely because all these people who bring up "time played" as a metric for how good the game is, or how much people got out of it, or whatever. Its just a bull**** argument.

This game is complete and total trash, they completely failed to meet community expectations and it will take a messiah of a modder to repair the game's incredibly boring state.

Yeah I suppose I did get salty. Its likely because all these people who bring up "time played" as a metric for how good the game is, or how much people got out of it, or whatever. Its just a bull**** argument.

This game is complete and total trash, they completely failed to meet community expectations and it will take a messiah of a modder to repair the game's incredibly boring state.
It's not a bull**** argument. Let's do a little logic test. If someone hates playing Bannerlord because it's bad and stuff, why don't they do something else instead to have fun? There are countless free entertainment, like YouTube. They're not stuck with it as their choice of games. Why stick with Bannerlord if they hate it? They clearly are not just waiting for it to be released from EA, as the play time increased to as long as thousands of hours. They played those hours, instead of doing literally anything else.

There is no way the pandemic is going away any time soon. It will continue to wreak havoc on Bannerlord's EA process as it has the world.
Let's be completely honest.

In over 8 years of development, if this is all they have to show for it, then it's Taleworld's development process that is wreaking havoc on games development progress.

While Covid-19 has contributed to the issue, especially lately, it is in no way the only or biggest offender.

It's not a bull**** argument.

It is actually. I understand what you mean, the guy didn't play 2.5k hours if he didn't enjoy the game. What Stew is said didn't touch on his enjoyment, rather on whether the game is objectively good, not subjectively.

It's like trying to say that "Look at how good I am in this game, I have played X hours".
Just because you have played something a lot does not mean that:
  1. You are good at the game
  2. You enjoy the game
  3. You know a lot about the game
It literally only means that you have played the game a lot. Now usually from this we extrapolate that the gamer has enjoyed the game, gotten better at the game and understands core mechanics better, HOWEVER this isn't necessarily true.

We can take me as an example. I have played 442 hours of Bannerlord, and I did not enjoy all of those hours. A lot of them are boring and cause me to want to swear at the game due to the stupidity of the AI or something else. I keep playing however to get through those parts and over to the fun ones, or I play to find bugs in order to help the devs fix the game. That isn't "fun" for me, it is a public service I perform so the game will become better and I will be able to enjoy an enhanced version in the future.

So, sorry dude. I know what you are trying to say, but you are extremely incorrect, and also only looking at the situation from your own point of view, as it seems you simply cannot understand why someone would do something that isn't enjoyable. Like, lol. Have you heard having a job and being an adult? Often it is boring and sucks and yet we do it :grin:

Last edited:
I've said this before and I still don't know how people can't reason with it, but you can enjoy games that are bad. Anyone remember Throne's of Britannia? that game was an empty shell, far beyond the standards of a total war title, even missing basic features, but I still enjoyed it, I knew it was a terrible game compared to what there is, and for what I paid for I was getting very little. I ended up putting around a 100 hours into it.
Lol I refunded it. Boring. Chop trees? LOL GTFO Valhiem. Got 2.5K+ hours in Bannerlord though.
And I still complain about it! The more I play the more there is to complain about! The longer I play the more my complaints ferment into potent whines! ????
I mean hey, if you can pull 2.5k+ hour's into Bannerlord after a year of it's existence, then you obviously have a lot of time on your hands compared to us, but we can agree that the game is a terrible standard for £50 of content, whether you enjoyed it or not, as that is entirely based on someone's opinion, however what I can factually put here, for an AAA price, the AAA content isn't even nearly there.

Lol I refunded it. Boring. Chop trees? LOL GTFO Valhiem.
Of course it is different. Valheim is honestly a far better experience than Bannerlord
Valheim is a completely different genre from Bannerlord, and not only that. Valheim is 1/3 of the cost of Bannerlord, so as for the amount of content for it's £15 title, it's a steal. and I personally have already put in more hour's into it than I have with Bannerlord, and actually find it a good example of a standard for EA titles.

It is actually. I understand what you mean, the guy didn't play 2.5k hours if he didn't enjoy the game. What Stew is said didn't touch on his enjoyment, rather on whether the game is objectively good, not subjectively.
Then kindly define what a "bull**** argument" and a "good game" are. If an argument has sound logic behind it, it's not bull****. It might not be universally true, as is the case with many things, but it's not nonsense. It's reasonable for someone to think that a "good game" is a game you can enjoy. That's what entertainment is for many people. Something you can enjoy to kill time with. It's not bull**** to think that.

So, sorry dude. I know what you are trying to say, but you are extremely incorrect, and also only looking at the situation from your own point of view, as it seems you simply cannot understand why someone would do something that isn't enjoyable.
Coming from the guy who dismissed other people's arguments as bull**** just because he himself doesn't fit into it.

Like, lol. Have you heard having a job and being an adult? Often it is boring and sucks and yet we do it :grin:
Learn to enjoy your job then. You're an adult. You should know by now that happiness is something you create. Happiness doesn't just come to people who just brood and complain. Unless your job is getting physically tortured, you should be able to do that.

Bannerlord is not an essential service/product like a job or a car. You don't need to play it to live your life. You get no incentive to test it either. Your "public service" is entirely on you. The game didn't even ask you to do it. Suffer it on your own account.

2.5k hrs in Bannerlord is not a testament to how good/stable/playable Bannerlord is
Yes it is: I hereby testify that it was a good time and was stable for at least 2.5K hours over the last year and it was likewise playable as I PLAYED IT for 2.5K hours.

Its a testament to how boring your life must be during the pandemic.
My life style didn't change though. I have a back log of other games I could have played too, but I didn't get a round too it cuz I played so much Bannerlord. I min maxed simulated baby production, I hunted bugs, I mercilessly abused and exploited the AI in 50 ways or more! It was very exciting to me.

I very much doubt he enjoyed all 2.5k hrs.
The time I did not enjoy was swiftly averted from playing the game and directed to writing up rants and bug reports on this forum, of which I have many :smile:

Now can you guys just make you own :poop: posts? It's like you finally ran out of :poop: you're all trying to dig up mine and reposting with a buncha dirt :razz:

Learn to enjoy your job then. You're an adult. You should know by now that happiness is something you create. Happiness doesn't just come to people who just brood and complain. Unless your job is getting physically tortured, you should be able to do that.
vrq4rhi07ws31.jpg

If an argument has sound logic behind it
But there wasn't sound objective logic behind it.
It was logic as reinforced by your highly subjective opinion.

If you can't understand, or even allow for the possibility, that some people do things that are unenjoyable to them, for whatever reason they have, then there is no point in continuing the discussion.

But there wasn't sound objective logic behind it.
It was logic as reinforced by your highly subjective opinion.
Why? Because you say so?

If you want me to spell it, fine. I'll say it. People who play a video game they don't enjoy for thousands of hours are stupid. They don't realize that they can just quit and do literally anything else. They're too stupid to figure out a way to have fun with it. It's not something essential like a job, yet they choose to torture themselves by sticking with it. Yes, I'm aware people can do that. It's a fact as easy to observe as other forms of stupidity.

It's not the game's fault that people decided to torture themselves with it. It's their own stupidity, and as long as people are stupid enough for it, they can torture themselves with something as delicious as a strawberry cake.

Last edited:
I stopped coming to this forum a few months ago, since it seems pointless and just makes me angry to see the "process" of the game.
I keep hoping I'm wrong and drop back in to lurk lol. The never ending cycle. Feels like soo many people here have given up hope, only to get abit of hope back to be smashed into the ground.

You got a community with a fierce passion, making an open-letter to Talesworld. You got competitive players asking what is happening in BL MP. You even got casual players raging...

What a fecking disaster.
If Talesworld at least had the decency to charge 20-25$ like so many other "indie" early-access games, it probably would have been fine.

Maybe Talesworld feels that it's the norm for a game to have such a fierce passionate community, but nah Mount&Blade is special. You just **** on it and I doubt you will ever safe what you destroyed without a miracle.

I'm gonna write Steam now for a refund. Not because I need the money or believe they will accept my refund. But to put pressure on this stupid ass company.
Hope the devs in Talesworld who actually tried, are running from this disaster as fast as they possible can

They don't realize that they can just quit and do literally anything else.
Think of the current state of BL and repeat that sentence. That’s straight up a idiotic mindset. It’s exactly the attitude of what TW is doing and the main reason why there is no progress and if there is any sort of progress, it leaves you with more problems as before. It’s also a well put example of why a huge majority of this fan base is so pissed.

People who play a video game they don't enjoy for thousands of hours are stupid.
Thousands of hours may be a bit too much, but tens or even a hundred or so hours is more reasonable. It's a grindy game with long campaigns, frequent patches (it's EA after all) and some people are caught in the cycle of giving it another try after every or so patch, and trying to like it. Ultimately many end up disappointed and take a break. Just trying to like a game and hoping it got better is not that stupid during an EA phase.
Personally I wouldn't do it as I have no patience for unfinished games, but I can understand others that are more motivated and tolerant to crap and their hope that things will get better eventually.

He never said that he didn't enjoy the game at all. You took one part of his post out of context and blew it up.
Just chill dude.
Meh. You're the one who started throwing insults. I'll tone it down if that was too spicy for you. I've stated my view clearly. If someone plays a game a lot, they either enjoy it, or they're torturing themselves like an idiot.

Think of the current state of BL and repeat that sentence. That’s straight up a idiotic mindset. It’s exactly the attitude of what TW is doing and the main reason why there is no progress and if there is any sort of progress, it leaves you with more problems as before. It’s also a well put example of why a huge majority of this fan base is so pissed.
I don't work in Taleworlds. I don't have any obligation to improve Bannerlord, or keep playing it. Personally I'm fine with the current state of the game. I know how to have fun with it. Is Bannerlord's price too high for its current quality? Perhaps, but I bought it knowing that. They even stated clearly it's still in Early Access, and frankly enough, they're still working on it. Who knows if it will get really good in the future? Even if it turns out to be a flop, it's just the risk of buying something in Early Access.

Ultimately many end up disappointed and take a break. [...] Personally I wouldn't do it as I have no patience for unfinished games.
Yes, that's what people with sense would do. Take a break and wait. I too felt frustrated and deathly bored at several points playing this game, but I was aware of that and took a break until that frustration faded away. I even ignored some major updates for good measure. I only started playing again when I got the mood for it. Burning myself out playing a video game would be stupid.

Last edited:
Meh. You're the one who started throwing insults. I'll tone it down if that was too spicy for you. I've stated my view clearly. If someone plays a game a lot, they either enjoy it, or they're torturing themselves like an idiot.

I don't work in Taleworlds. I don't have any obligation to improve Bannerlord, or keep playing it. Personally I'm fine with the current state of the game. I know how to have fun with it. Is Bannerlord's price too high for its current quality? Perhaps, but I bought it knowing that. They even stated clearly it's still in Early Access, and frankly enough, they're still working on it. Who knows if it will get really good in the future? Even if it turns out to be a flop, it's just the risk of buying something in Early Access.

Holy **** dude. Really? The whole "ItS StiLL iN EA" argument? Really? LOL

I guess you haven't played as long as the AnandaShanti, but most of us have been listening to that tired, useless, and meaningless phrase for the last year now. Maybe you haven't played from the beginning? The game's content has hardly changed over the year of EA and the major problems that people have been yelling about forever still have not been fixed.

We get ****ty new fetch quest, but we don't get Smithing fixed. We get a sandbox mode, which should've been around initially, instead of fixed Siege AI etc etc...

No little white knight, the tolerance for that stupid argument has dissipated long ago. The major problem people have now, is the realization that we were DECEIVED about the game, and the realization that it won't ever be good without complete overhauls by mods. What was said in devblogs, previous videos, etc was a complete deception. We, the loyal fands of M&B were in fact betrayed by TW's and sold a false bill of goods.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom