Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.9
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary:
Companion parties keep recruiting troops from villages only to return and donate them to an already full garrison. The extra troops will obviously desert.
I've noticed similar behavior in previous versions as well.
How to Reproduce:
Town with 5000+ Prosperity (Sanala). Player Character has a leadership skill of 725, resulting in companion parties having a party size limit of over 500.
The companions themselves have mediocre stewardship and leadership skills.
The town itself has a garrison limit of 665.
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Yes, most...
Probably most relevant is add_skill_xp_to_hero leadership 999999999 or similar ridiculous number.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Wow. Those must be some cheats/mods. I don't use mods, but the highest I've gotten my own party before is probably somewhere in the 350 range. I don't think I've seen a companion over about 225-250, even Nathanos. For actual companions, not family members, I've never seen them over 200. I've never gotten any skill over about 270 before. It might also have to do with the settings I suppose. I use Easy settings, maybe Easiest would raise some of those things.

The above was a game I played for about 2350 days before getting frustrated and giving up on it. I got control of maybe 60% of the map. I admit I don't read all the forums figuring out the best ways of doing this or that, I prefer to figure things out on my own. I don't do smithing as I'm not here to play a crafter. So, yeah,I've never actually won a game despite playing over 1200 hours.

I'll also admit I enjoy Warband much more, having played that over 3000 hours. Thats a game I can win, this one I feel that with being unable to eliminate factions (other than being a homicidal maniac executing everyone), even for a short period, its too hard to avoid having factions attack you from all sides at once. Plus, my fellow lords are irritating. I watch them besiege something they can easily handle, I plan my own sieges to complement thiers, only to find that just before their siege should start, 5 minutes later, they decide to pull off of it to defend something half way across the map that they won't even be able to reach before cohesion forces them to break up. Or situations they've pulled off to hit a target thats become easier, when they could have finished their siege before going elsewhere. I want to end a war with good gains & they oppose me, but will accept peace later when we've lost those gains. They enjoy accepting wars where they've lost something but can't stand winning wars. We're already in a war and doing reasonably well and they want to start a war on the opposite end of our empire (where we have no troops) with a nation larger and stronger than ours.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
Genius me managed to wipe it, but i can reproduce with an earlier state.
I have a unit-mod installed that i cannot remove without a CTD on load. Will that still be acceptable?

Wow. Those must be some cheats/mods. I don't use mods, but the highest I've gotten my own party before is probably somewhere in the 350 range. I don't think I've seen a companion over about 225-250, even Nathanos. For actual companions, not family members, I've never seen them over 200. I've never gotten any skill over about 270 before. It might also have to do with the settings I suppose. I use Easy settings, maybe Easiest would raise some of those things.

The above was a game I played for about 2350 days before getting frustrated and giving up on it. I got control of maybe 60% of the map. I admit I don't read all the forums figuring out the best ways of doing this or that, I prefer to figure things out on my own. I don't do smithing as I'm not here to play a crafter. So, yeah,I've never actually won a game despite playing over 1200 hours.

I'll also admit I enjoy Warband much more, having played that over 3000 hours. Thats a game I can win, this one I feel that with being unable to eliminate factions (other than being a homicidal maniac executing everyone), even for a short period, its too hard to avoid having factions attack you from all sides at once. Plus, my fellow lords are irritating. I watch them besiege something they can easily handle, I plan my own sieges to complement thiers, only to find that just before their siege should start, 5 minutes later, they decide to pull off of it to defend something half way across the map that they won't even be able to reach before cohesion forces them to break up. Or situations they've pulled off to hit a target thats become easier, when they could have finished their siege before going elsewhere. I want to end a war with good gains & they oppose me, but will accept peace later when we've lost those gains. They enjoy accepting wars where they've lost something but can't stand winning wars. We're already in a war and doing reasonably well and they want to start a war on the opposite end of our empire (where we have no troops) with a nation larger and stronger than ours.
Well, I'm don't exactly enjoy playing games normally. Usually I like to mess around and do whatever I have fun doing at the moment. Trapping all Caravans at Diathma, Plundering said Town 10 times including the Villages just to see a Town with 600 development. That's my kind of fun...
Anyways the party numbers are possible with leadership above 250, with the ultimate leader perk. Getting it to that level legitimately takes ages just leading an army (great caravan guards by the way). Well you may need some extra influence though...
The max skill level possible will be around 350 or so, but this will decrease the higher your level.
I have played without cheats or mods for a short time, but my ADD brain just gives up at some point and demands a prison containing 50 Lords.

We can try i think. Sure.
I'm getting the opposite result now... Losing Garrison when they recruit... I did disable any mods that could influence ai behavior. It seems like this is an issue, when companions try to fill their party.
I'll try to figure out a bit more tomorrow, on how to reproduce this and get the save in working order.
I just hope I don't end up wasting your time.

Also the Contractors trait seems to work for fortifications?

The issue I have with this, unmodded, is not that companion-parties overfill garrisons past their technical limit (I've never seen this happen), but rather that they constantly overfill them (with garbage troops) past their practical limit, causing starving (and thus depletion of the elite troops) due to increased food demand.

The effect is that companions continually undermine my garrison's total strength whenever one of their parties is allowed to do its own thing near one of my towns. I wish I could just tell them to ****ing stop. Or even set a hard limit on my garrison count.

Yeah, in general, the game should have something saying 'the minimal, reasonable, garrison for this castle/town should be 'X' and companions & NPC lord's would continue to fill it up to that limit. When that limit is reached, then its up to you (or the NPC owner) to adjust it. X should be a bit different for each castle/town. I've noticed some castles are more prosperous than others in pretty much every game.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom