New statement, when?

Users who are viewing this thread

The fact that we're excited and thinking of keep battles as a major feature is quite weird when put into context. You know, Armagan probably did that in a weekend 10 years ago so why is it even taking so long now? And why wasn't this there to begin with lol.
Ohie, I dunno, maybe cuz game development looked a whole lot different ''10 years ago'' :^)

It's hard to say. Probably weapons are hitting the walls too often in keep fights and they try to solve this, but fail.
Duh even mentioned they are working on this for months and progress is "ongoing". Why is this so hard, Taleworlds?
Well presumably they need to not only make the 'game mode' but then make a battle version of every keep in the game - then test those versions and resolve issues.

Then look at the effect this might have on the campaign / performance. I can see why it might take awhile...

However... Taleworlds have a nasty habit of announcing things long before they are ready. let us not forget Bannerlord was announced in 2012 - at which point it was probably little more then an idea and a product name.

Well presumably they need to not only make the 'game mode' but then make a battle version of every keep in the game - then test those versions and resolve issues.
This should be very easy when you already have the keep maps. Add destructibles here and there, some obstacles and spawn/guard points, and it's done. Callum even showcased one such battle in a devblog years ago.
Then look at the effect this might have on the campaign / performance. I can see why it might take awhile...
It won't have an impact there, it's a small scale fight.

The fact that we're excited and thinking of keep battles as a major feature is quite weird when put into context. You know, Armagan probably did that in a weekend 10 years ago so why is it even taking so long now? And why wasn't this there to begin with lol.
Yeah you just know they gonna say as their excuse “it was under testing for a long time” and when it’s released 100 bugs because of it appear.

However... Taleworlds have a nasty habit of announcing things long before they are ready. let us not forget Bannerlord was announced in 2012 - at which point it was probably little more then an idea and a product name.
lol man you are just pumping bs out of your ass.
This should be very easy when you already have the keep maps. Add destructibles here and there, some obstacles and spawn/guard points, and it's done. Callum even showcased one such battle in a devblog years ago.

It won't have an impact there, it's a small scale fight.
+1

lol man you are just pumping bs out of your ass.

+1
Dude... chill.

If you disagree - just say that. We know it is taking a long time - because we haven't got it yet. Whether that is due to complexity, spaghetti code, or a lack of priority - we don't know. Regardless it is clearly taking longer then we expected - the reasons don't really matter. They announced it too soon.

But for real though, in say the last half year what did the around 100 people at TW deliever ? I know they love to make even the smallest features sound super complex, but as @MadVader also says making keep battle scenes is not hard to do, and 1 person should've been able to do this in less than a month.

But for real though, in say the last half year what did the around 100 people at TW deliever ? I know they love to make even the smallest features sound super complex, but as @MadVader also says making keep battle scenes is not hard to do, and 1 person should've been able to do this in less than a month.
+1
Dude... chill.

If you disagree - just say that. We know it is taking a long time - because we haven't got it yet. Whether that is due to complexity, spaghetti code, or a lack of priority - we don't know. Regardless it is clearly taking longer then we expected - the reasons don't really matter. They announced it too soon.

I am... chill, you are just talking nonsense. Yea, we don't know why TW is that incompetent. Clearly something is up, but your above paragraph about "the effect this might have on the campaign / performance" is pure bs. Lets all stick to the topic or all of us gtfo

Back
Top Bottom