What content did you want to see added in a paid expansion of the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gandamula

Sergeant at Arms
Let's be pragmatic, one thing is our will, the other is reality, but probably the game will have nothing but fixes,and some irrelevant content as prisons breaks. So what should be added in a future expansion? Map expansion? A advanced era, with firearms? More factions? Naval warfare?

Fleshing out the neutral factions a bit. Maybe as quest-giver or for recruiting mercs. A trade rework with the ability to have non-combattants (caravan herders for instance) that can tend to more than 1 pack animal but will not fight. Castles and their use. Diplomacy. Roleplaying aspects. Sadly, this sums up, what people have thought this game would be all about. Now paying again for making it so has a bad taste...

Naval Warfare seems like the obvious choice - and something that actually feels like proper DLC content. But yeah we are a long way away from that - and TW have quite rightly extended the EA indefinitely.

Bigger map, 20+ factions, with some mix of majors and minors. Because otherwise diplomacy swings too hard to being overpowered when two middling factions band together and can suddenly stomp the entire continent flat.

Options to build up a kingdom's power besides simply conquering more and more territory.

Off-map raids and trade networks, to make "corner-camping" a less viable strategy as a player kingdom. No more safe flanks on the map edge but also lucrative aspects to prevent them from becoming strictly sub-optimal.

This is not how pragmatism works for individuals. A pragmatic person wouldn't discuss paid DLC opportunities while the base game is a broken mess, he would instead discuss free DLCs/features and fixes. Because TW selling DLC's for their mess game is not pragmatic for you. It might be pragmatic for TW though.
If they don't fix the game soon and add more QoL and other features, they can be sure that many of the players won't give a dime to their DLC - because no one buys a "fix" for a game, especially after paying AAA price to that empty shell.

This is not how pragmatism works for individuals. A pragmatic person wouldn't discuss paid DLC opportunities while the base game is a broken mess, he would instead discuss free DLCs/features and fixes. Because TW selling DLC's for their mess game is not pragmatic for you. It might be pragmatic for TW though.
If they don't fix the game soon and add more QoL and other features, they can be sure that many of the players won't give a dime to their DLC - because no one buys a "fix" for a game, especially after paying AAA price to that empty shell.
Fully agree, but yet I wouldn't be surprised at this point..

Thank you, I was about to write exactly the same thing. That Taleworlds is considering or outlining a hypothetical dlc is totally legit, I really mean it. However seeing the current state of the game... oh I'd save that card for some time down the road.

And as for naval combat, we will surely see mods with this kind of mechanics long before its official implementation through a hypothetical dlc. Because as it stands, I don't see a "NoRd InVaSiOn" type dlc where a naval mechanic + a faction + a couple of minor factions + a few scenes and four or five armour additions are introduced as very rentable option. That imho should be a free expansion that complements Bannerlord.

If we're talking about pure and honest dlc's, I'd channel that with the same engine we'll have another kind of universe like the ones Warband has (Napoleonic, Wfas, VC...etc). After the Bannerlord experience I wouldn't bet on a NoRd InVaSiOn dlc of the kind I mentioned above... that's what a mod offers you (and more) nowadays. We already have Calradia Expanded with shipping routes and I've seen videos of modders experimenting with ships and naval combat.

giphy.gif

by Drezavelt
by GourmetBean (experimental -WIP)

Last edited:
Id wait to see the actual game finished first before discussing DLC... As is we would be discussing an addition to the game while we dont know what the finished product itself will hold.

Id wait to see the actual game finished first before discussing DLC... As is we would be discussing an addition to the game while we dont know what the finished product itself will hold.
The final product, probably with less defects, is already there, do not expect much more content, what has not been done by dozens of people in six years, will not be done by half a dozen in a few months.

I think it will be a stand alone expansion like their other DLCs, I could see a 100 years war like thing, probably more heavily focused on multiplayer.

I also think there will be a Bannerlord Reforged or something in about 5 years. A rework/upgrade to the base game with added features.

The final product, probably with less defects, is already there, do not expect much more content, what has not been done by dozens of people in six years, will not be done by half a dozen in a few months.
I don't want to be picky but so far we may expect other additions in the coming months.
Terrain system, banner system (Duh said that banners are pending another future feature), abdication, new quests, ironman mode, lord's hall fight, sally out mission...
So before thinking about DLC, I would like to see how the game will be on full release.

banner system (Duh said that banners are pending another future feature),
They are also working on a new order of battle system.

I have a feeling they are working on a total war style 'regiment' system - where your men will be divided into units. Each unit would then have a banner. Just a thought though.

They are also working on a new order of battle system.
Ah yes I could read thatsomewhere too.
I have a feeling they are working on a total war style 'regiment' system - where your men will be divided into units. Each unit would then have a banner. Just a thought though.
That makes me thing about the sergeant feature. Is it already implemented? Wasn't the companion supposed to lead formations, or something like that?

THere are some things I would like to see, but honestly the only interest I have in a paid expansion/DLC will be if any complete overhaul mods around at the time decide to include it.

Back
Top Bottom