Patch Notes e1.5.9

Users who are viewing this thread

Well @Callum @Dejan what was the tiny patch today? Is it you guys's day off? Is this just a micro-part time job to be community managers for tw? I mean that's fine and understandable, I just don't see how else nobody can not be bothered to just post a patch note.

IS there another community that need managing I don't know about?
If we release no patch notes alongside a patch, then it contained smaller fixes not worth mentioning or was not mentioned for a specific reason. The one pushed out yesterday contained a couple of crash fixes that we decided to monitor before confirming they've been fixed.

You can take your passive-aggressive attitude elsewhere, thank you. If you have anything productive to say, I would be more than happy to listen to you though.

If we release no patch notes alongside a patch, then it contained smaller fixes not worth mentioning or was not mentioned for a specific reason. The one pushed out yesterday contained a couple of crash fixes that we decided to monitor before confirming they've been fixed.

You can take your passive-aggressive attitude elsewhere, thank you. If you have anything productive to say, I would be more than happy to listen to you though.
tbf i see where your coming from in that it can be pointless to say we fixed this single crash however i know alot of the community even if it is a single crash fixed want to know what is in a patch since it then feels alot more like communciation

i do know that people will be upset and make jokes like "haha when new sheep texture" but thats more casue people are waiting for the bigger updates

tbf i see where your coming from in that it can be pointless to say we fixed this single crash however i know alot of the community even if it is a single crash fixed want to know what is in a patch since it then feels alot more like communciation

i do know that people will be upset and make jokes like "haha when new sheep texture" but thats more casue people are waiting for the bigger updates
I understand that yes and we do push out patch notes for all relevant fixes and changes. The one published yesterday was, as mentioned, omitted for a reason though so that we can confirm some of the crash fixes before letting you know they have indeed been fixed. In my opinion, it can and will be even more frustrating for the player to go in-game only to face an issue that he had thought was fixed already.

I understand that yes and we do push out patch notes for all relevant fixes and changes. The one published yesterday was, as mentioned, omitted for a reason though so that we can confirm some of the crash fixes before letting you know they have indeed been fixed. In my opinion, it can and will be even more frustrating for the player to go in-game only to face an issue that he had thought was fixed already.
Perhaps you could just write this next time for the people wating. No need to mention which crash you tried to fix just say: "We added a potential fix for a crash" and that is all. Sure it is not a real information but it satisfies the interest of the people without raising expectations.
Also a strategy that could be used in other areas. I think in this forum as silly as it sounds saying something that has no significant amount of information value could be better then just being silent for multiple days at a time.
Take @Duh_TaleWorlds as an example. He replies to community suggestions and even if he has no important information about a topic it is better to hear him say this because then the people know that it has been noticed and concidered.
In my opinion if Callum and Dejan would also try this more often we would have way less trouble with unhappy fans because the development feels more alive even if nothing in the actual process changed.

Half a year ago i could play the game with maxed out graphics with relative ease. A bit of lag and stutter sometimes and a crash but overall it was playable.
Now with the current patch even on lowest quality settings the game stutters and lags like hell and is quite frankly unplayable. May i therefore ask what the solution to this will be?

Another hotfix? Or waiting for another patch? Or should i go back to the version half a year ago to play? I ask because quite frankly i stopped playing because of the crashes but now i would gladly take a crash every 2 hours instead.

I want to know what the patches are because I can tell you if they worked by performing the relevant in game actions.
My comments produced your response. There's nothing passive about it.

Half a year ago i could play the game with maxed out graphics with relative ease. A bit of lag and stutter sometimes and a crash but overall it was playable.
Now with the current patch even on lowest quality settings the game stutters and lags like hell and is quite frankly unplayable. May i therefore ask what the solution to this will be?

Another hotfix? Or waiting for another patch? Or should i go back to the version half a year ago to play? I ask because quite frankly i stopped playing because of the crashes but now i would gladly take a crash every 2 hours instead.
I'd suggest making a thread in Support. That's where the official "bug report" section is, and the mods forward your posts there to the dev team. Try giving as much details as you can. The posting guide in that section will help you do that.

I know it's annoying. Even if you report, it will take time for it to get fixed (if it gets fixed at all), but if you want help the game to be better, that's your best option. I heard there's a "telemetry" branch that they use to test performances. You might want to try it too.

@MArdA TaleWorlds is it possible the patch deleted a launcher.exe file? Since the patch the file is missing and trying to download it again via validating the files doesent work.

I can still launch the game manually with the single playerlauncer.exe but I cant play the game via steam now :/

Perhaps you could just write this next time for the people wating. No need to mention which crash you tried to fix just say: "We added a potential fix for a crash" and that is all. Sure it is not a real information but it satisfies the interest of the people without raising expectations.
Also a strategy that could be used in other areas. I think in this forum as silly as it sounds saying something that has no significant amount of information value could be better then just being silent for multiple days at a time.
Take @Duh_TaleWorlds as an example. He replies to community suggestions and even if he has no important information about a topic it is better to hear him say this because then the people know that it has been noticed and concidered.
In my opinion if Callum and Dejan would also try this more often we would have way less trouble with unhappy fans because the development feels more alive even if nothing in the actual process changed.
That's fair feedback and I'll try to take it into account as much as possible in the future.

Sorry to hear you're facing these issues. If you haven't yet, make sure to report them to our technical support. You may also check Common Issues and Workarounds or Known Issues. I know it's not much to go on but your and our best bet is to report the issues you come across and we'll do our best to fix them.
I want to know what the patches are because I can tell you if they worked by performing the relevant in game actions.
I'll pass on the comment, thanks.
My comments produced your response.
Not at all, I would advise you to leave the snarky comments out next time. I am happy to reply if you ping me.

@MArdA TaleWorlds is it possible the patch deleted a launcher.exe file? Since the patch the file is missing and trying to download it again via validating the files doesent work.

I can still launch the game manually with the single playerlauncer.exe but I cant play the game via steam now :/
TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Singleplayer.exe and TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Multiplayer.exe are the new launcher exe files. You should use these.

The problem could have multiple causes, does the system feel the same in other games or if you have noticed some reduced performance in other applications could be that the system is at fault.
Have you tried to reverse back to the older version of the game, last one that had a smooth play through.
Other problem could be if you have an old campaign, that you didn't start over since new patches.

The problem could have multiple causes, does the system feel the same in other games or if you have noticed some reduced performance in other applications could be that the system is at fault.
Have you tried to reverse back to the older version of the game, last one that had a smooth play through.
Other problem could be if you have an old campaign, that you didn't start over since new patches.
1. I start over with every new update i install and delete every old campaign, saves etc.
2. My system has no issues in a fully modded fallout 4 or skyrim with over 300 mods (mostly graphics and silly stuff).
I also can play watchdogs legion or AC Valhalla on maxed out stuff and no stutter or lag occurs. So it is 100% not my rig.
3. Thats the issue. I don't know which version was stable half a year ago. Only thing i could try is reverse each and every patch and try again and quite frankly i won't do that cause i know better ways to waste my time.

But thanks for the insights. Someone told me to reinstall the entire game that it could fix the issue. But i highly doubt that.

3 times. No issue. As much as it saddens me but the problem is 100% the game and the patches and not my rig.

After Cyberpunk2077 this will probably also go on my "never touch again" list. This is just so sad for me who has almost 1k hours of gameplay on Warband :sad:

This was actually a joke but since the jokes are now converging with reality, I don't blame you for missing it.

When I hear a software engineer say that they are making a change to see if it fixes a problem, that usually means they don't understand the problem and there is a good chance that they're making things worse.

Multiple times. It keeps saying 1 file is missing (the launcher.exe file) an that it will be redownloaded. But it never actually redownloads it.
I had a similar problem for 1.5.8 my virus checker was preventing one file downloading. I disabled the virus checker and it worked. Maybe worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom