***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Does this roadmap represent your basic wants for Bannerlord?

• Yes

Votes: 387 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 13.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

And there is me, in all that mess going throughout 26 pages of a thread, reading every single message in the hope to see if anyone enlightens the fog of war from the future of that game. Well, I'm not saying I was dissapointed, time to finish that beer I guess.

Puh I havent played the game since April 2020 and I came back yesterday.
After 2 hours im tired of the game again!!!
Mostly because all mods arent update till now.

The game feels so bad without mods I really cant play it more than an hour without mods because there is nothing logical you can do in that game to be honest.

Every talk is the same. You cant really talk to your Companions and give them orders.Cant do anything with your wife or children
Nothing to do in castles or towns only fight fight fight and the fights are very bad without Realistic Battle Mods.

Sieges are lame af and dont make fun.

I really hope the modders are updating all the mods bcs without mods I feel the game is really really empty and bad
The game is a collection of placeholders and cheap stuff.

What drives me nuts is it doesn't take that much of time to fill the game of written material ( forget about voicelines let's not raise the bar that high )
Literally a keyboard and that's it.
Same for the UI/UX, one could argue it's more complicated but for god sake, I have to lurk on the forums here to know about the game mecanics because no one's gonna tell me in that game, alas tutorials or Encyclopedia Entries.

What drives me nuts is it doesn't take that much of time to fill the game of written material ( forget about voicelines let's not raise the bar that high )
Literally a keyboard and that's it.
Same for the UI/UX, one could argue it's more complicated but for god sake, I have to lurk on the forums here to know about the game mecanics because no one's gonna tell me in that game, alas tutorials or Encyclopedia Entries.
Ye but it still requires at least a few braincells

Puh I havent played the game since April 2020 and I came back yesterday.
After 2 hours im tired of the game again!!!
Mostly because all mods arent update till now.

The game feels so bad without mods I really cant play it more than an hour without mods because there is nothing logical you can do in that game to be honest.

Every talk is the same. You cant really talk to your Companions and give them orders.Cant do anything with your wife or children
Nothing to do in castles or towns only fight fight fight and the fights are very bad without Realistic Battle Mods.

Sieges are lame af and dont make fun.

I really hope the modders are updating all the mods bcs without mods I feel the game is really really empty and bad
I actually have over one-hundred mods installed for the campaign I've been playing. None of them feel like add-ons or anything extra, just flesh on the bones.

And there is me, in all that mess going throughout 26 pages of a thread, reading every single message in the hope to see if anyone enlightens the fog of war from the future of that game. Well, I'm not saying I was dissapointed, time to finish that beer I guess.
You're doing god's work! Thanks for letting me skip it.

So I dident read the OP past the first 2 paragraphs..... You know why developers arent to keen on posting a roadmap? Because people will take it as gospel and whine and moan when things arent met on time or when they feel like things arent done fast enough. Or they will whine because things arent on it. Or they will complain that things that they perceive as high priority arent high enough on the list. Or they will complain about things that are on it.

Heck anything can be used as an excuse for a complaint so why bother giving people more ammunition? Everyone seems to forget this, but a global pandemic is still kind of a thing.... Even if the team can work from home, they wont work as quikly or effeciently as when they are all in the office. Communcating with teams or simular software is very different from communicating face to face. This delays the process.

Its a very silly thing to complain about whats going on behind the screens when you have absolutely no idea WHAT is happening behind the screens.

I greatly appreciate Duh responding to this thread. It shows that he makes an effort to inform the community of what is going on, even if it only with his opinions.

That said, his response does little more than make my disappointment with this game settle in. If his personal opinions reflect the ideas of other devs (which I grant may not be the case) then this game is going to be a sad shell of what it could be. I hope I am wrong, but there's a reason I haven't truly played the game in almost 6 months. The game just feels too shallow, and I worry that this is in fact the feeling the devs were going for.

Of course I could be wrong. Another very real possibility based on Duh's responses is that the exact opposite is true. That the reason he says that such things are not a high priority is because they know that the base mechanics of the game are not up to snuff yet. He did say "I personally think that the base game mechanics of kingdoms and clans should be as solid as possible before building quests upon such a foundation." Which does lend to this.

I ask humbly Duh or any other dev to give clarification on this. I think I speak for almost everyone when I say that The community on these forums will not be upset to hear from devs that they still believe the base mechanics of the game are unfinished. Quite the opposite in fact. I think the vast majority of this community would be grateful to hear such a thing. It would give us all much needed context for the updates. Even if they don't feel comfortable talking about the future plans yet, which is completely understandable, hearing that you feel the games framework still needs a lot of work and that you don't want to discuss new features or content until this framework is solid would likely give this entire community far more patience as well as sighs of relief.

Last edited:
@Duh_TaleWorlds thx for your answer

but some fears are therefore confirmed, the little requested by the community will not be given ( even the feast... )

don't blame me if i tell you i don't expect anything anymore and i would probably never buy a Taleworlds game again

So I dident read the OP past the first 2 paragraphs..... You know why developers arent to keen on posting a roadmap? Because people will take it as gospel and whine and moan when things arent met on time or when they feel like things arent done fast enough. Or they will whine because things arent on it. Or they will complain that things that they perceive as high priority arent high enough on the list. Or they will complain about things that are on it.

Heck anything can be used as an excuse for a complaint so why bother giving people more ammunition? Everyone seems to forget this, but a global pandemic is still kind of a thing.... Even if the team can work from home, they wont work as quikly or effeciently as when they are all in the office. Communcating with teams or simular software is very different from communicating face to face. This delays the process.

Its a very silly thing to complain about whats going on behind the screens when you have absolutely no idea WHAT is happening behind the screens.

Yeah lets not use Covid-19 as an excuse for a game that's been almost 10 years in development. And the roadmap the OP posted was very reasonable points which TW should have added by default, but the fact that they themselves don't see them as important is probably the most frustrating about it all. A great game isn't made if your ambitions and goal is to deliever the bare minimum.

You know why developers arent to keen on posting a roadmap? Because people will take it as gospel and whine and moan when things arent met on time or when they feel like things arent done fast enough.
That's not a reason against a roadmap. Because people already complain development is too slow. And they're right. Bannerlord is nowhere near finished despite the store page saying it was estimated to release a month ago. It's not going to kill TW to hear the truth.

Also, the OP post doesn't have any deadlines in it.

If anything, I think a comprehensive long-term plan will reduce the total amount of complaining. Look at the immediate positive reaction from normally negative posters when Duh_ posted in this thread. Personally, I'm happier knowing that the game will be delayed and properly completed, than not knowing if the game will be delayed and never get properly completed.

Either way whether people complain or not, TW owes it to their paying customers to keep them in the loop, considering they failed to meet the expectations they created.
Or they will complain that things that they perceive as high priority arent high enough on the list.
If you actually read the OP, you would see it solves that problem by keeping prioritization very general. "High priority: Implement features that buyers were indicated would be in the game, and fix what is already in the game. Mid priority: Expand existing parts of the game that lack purpose. Low priority: Everything else."
Or they will complain about things that are on it. Or they will complain about things that aren't on it.
The majority of complaints people make on these forums are entirely reasonable, coming from Taleworlds not yet having delivered the product as they created the expectation it would be. Only a minority are looking for something out of Bannerlord that TW was never obligated to give, and only a really tiny minority are just looking for an excuse to complain as you are implying.

Don't disparage the reasonable majority just because of the unreasonable minority.
Everyone seems to forget this, but a global pandemic is still kind of a thing.... Even if the team can work from home, they wont work as quikly or effeciently as when they are all in the office. Communcating with teams or simular software is very different from communicating face to face. This delays the process.
Sure it would be a factor, but software dev is one of the easiest industries to do from home. You can't really believe that the difference between talking on Zoom and talking in person is the reason that Bannerlord is going so slowly.

Even before covid-19, Bannerlord's development took eight years. They told us they were "putting on the finishing touches" back in 2016. If you read Glassdoor reviews from former employees, https://www.glassdoor.com.au/Reviews/TaleWorlds-Reviews-E443487.htm they show that communication, organization, and lack of long-term planning have always been a problem at Taleworlds. Clearly the pandemic was never the main reason for delays.
It is justified to complain about the pace of Bannerlord's development, considering it has been almost 10 years and is way behind schedule. If something is going on behind the scenes TW should just be more transparent. That is what people are asking for.
Heck anything can be used as an excuse for a complaint so why bother giving people more ammunition?
Because when people bought this game, they were told on the store page TW was going to work closely with the community and engage with them on the forums to make the game to their expectations. TW made money by giving people that expectation, now they should follow up on it.

Also, like I said in the OP, and also evidenced by this post, Taleworlds needs a plan they can stick to because their development is apparently a disorganized mess. It is very common in software development to have roadmaps to stop feature creep and confusion and endless delays.

Let me ask you a question now: Why are you so against TW having to be accountable, when they have made hundreds of millions of dollars selling something they have not yet provided? How does it benefit you to stick up for the big guy who is in the wrong?

Last edited:
Let me ask you a question now: Why are you so against TW having to be accountable, when they have made hundreds of millions of dollars selling something they have not yet provided? How does it benefit you to stick up for the big guy who is in the wrong?
Just the newest contrarian, there's a never-ending supply of them parachuting here to post "I'm smarter than y'all".

Sure it would be a factor, but software dev is one of the easiest industries to do from home. You can't really believe that the difference between talking on Zoom and talking in person is the reason that Bannerlord is going so slowly.
It took my software company about 2 weeks to adjust to WFH. After that, productivity was at or above pre-WFH levels. If they're somehow still struggling with WFH that's on them 100%.

Just the newest contrarian, there's a never-ending supply of them parachuting here to post "I'm smarter than y'all".
I, for one, will never understand why the resistance to a customer base holding the company accountable often comes from other members of said customer base.

Im not against them communicating a road map per se. What I am against is the (even higher) expectations that instantly rises up with people who then feel they are somehow entitled to stuff. And are entitled to that stuff faster.

Im currently in the early acces of about 5 games and was part of a few in the past. The amount of bile and unreasonable expectations that people have are quite frankly, insane. And it only grows even more when the dev puts up a roadmap (with or without deadlines) and quite frankly the vast majority of the posts on the forums are infact not reasonable, helpfull or constructive. For every 1 helpfull and constructive post that you can find you can probably find 3-4 or even 5 posts that are just people complaining about things not beeing finished yet, complaining that things are unbalanced or other posts of that nature. Plenty of topics where people complain that they already brought x or y up xx amount of days before and it isent fixed yet. Some of the threats quikly devolve into people bickering about what the game is or should be. To say that all or most of the posts in the forums are constructive is beyond parody honestly.

The game is in EARLY ACCES. They said they EXPECTED to be in early acces AT LEAST a year. People dont bloody understand what 'expect' means nowadays and dont seem to understand that they signed up for playing an unfinished game.

A global pandemic very much slows things down. People arent as productive from home compared to from the office. Specially if they have kids and/or their significant other around. People might have less powerfull internet or worse PC's compared to the office, etc. There are many reasons for it but communication is defenitly also a part of it. If I needed to talk to a co-worker at my last job I could 1: walk over to their office and quikly discuss it. 2: send them a text over the companies chat system or 3: send them an e-mail. 3 guesses which form of communication is the fastest and isent possible anymore?

Call me a contrarian all you want, I dont care honestly. If TW doesent want to put up a roadmap theyre entiteled not to do that. I think its a wise choice from what ive seen in the past and from what I see on the forums.

A quick question for you @Demoulius . If you see a random street protest you know nothing about and some riot cops beating a protester, what is your first thought:
A. Police brutality must be stopped.
B. He must have deserved it.

Back
Top Bottom