sandbox mode - lack of siblings

Users who are viewing this thread

Folks were clamoring for sandbox without the quests, and so TW gave them sandbox without the quests.

But siblings were part of the a quest.

No quests = no siblings, so now we'll get complaints about that.

Monkey's paw says -- Be careful what you wish for.
One thing is not another though.

You ought to be able to chose to have siblings, their involvement in the game extends crappy main quests.

Wah, wah, wah! When we said we wanted a sandbox with no quests, we didn't really mean no quests. We really meant sandbox with the nice quests.

Choices are -- (1) Sandbox with no quests . . . period.

or

(2) Storyquest with . . . quests.

Suck it up and quit whining. You all got what you asked for.
Read the room. Its not difficult.

We want the option to have siblings.

No one here is asking for crappy quests.

Just play the story and abandon the main quest after you rescued your siblings. How's that? Or should they give you a sandbox mode with parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers.... Come on.

so it seems in sandbox mode you dont have any brothers or sisters is there any way to add them myself or do we have to hope for the devs to implement the option
Yes, I agree. They should allow us to choose siblings or not. That would make it more fun and enjoyable to play. Hope they get to work implementing this.

Sandbox is fun, and we shouldn't feel hobbled by choosing that option. A true sandbox should allow us many free choices regarding how we want to play the game and how we want our character configured at the start of that game.

Sandbox mode is basically the classic Mount&Blade experience where you're a lone adventurer, and I love it.
Ok sure. But how would a choice to add siblings or not detract from that enjoyment? It sounds like a win-win for everyone.
A sandbox with lots of options regarding how we want to play and how we want our character set up at the start sounds good to me.

None of TW's do nothing, low effort mokey's paw updates are acceptable or worth defending. It's doesn't matter what people said, what they put in the game was bad and they need try harder to make the game not suck.
It is one of the few cases where players got exactly what they asked for. If people wanted siblings in sandbox mode, they should have spoken up.

So many core features are missing and instead they decide to force us into a storyline. I don't want to have a brother at the start of every playthrough. Many people expected the sandbox game we were promised.

What we have now isn't horrible, but it sure is disappointing.
I don't even wanna start about stupid idea of a "story" that forces me to have a siblings and a questline i cannot remove from my quests tab. M&B is supposed to be a sandbox.
The story mode has fallout 4 syndrome. While it is technically an option, the narrative forces you at the beginning to accept the fact that your siblings are kidnapped, and as someone who loves to RP, usually takes me out of the experience when I'm reminded that while doing whatever playthrough my siblings are literally slaves.

Last edited:
It's kind of bad design to narrow down the possibilities you can provide to your players if those really matter. Providing an option just like many other things ( deaths, age, difficulty, background, culture ... ) could be a win-win situation for any type of players.
I'm sure those who were pretty vocal against the siblings wouldn't mind untick this possibility on their playthrought if they got a chance to do so.
But right now, I'm not gonna using this Sandbox mod because of that issue. ( I'm fine with my main playthrought anyway )

Look here is the solution people :

Start as a 50 year old, marry, have kids, put the game in fast forward, die and respawn as one your children. Now you have your siblings ?

Look here is the solution people :

Start as a 50 year old, marry, have kids, put the game in fast forward, die and respawn as one your children. Now you have your siblings ?
Does that actually work? I mean they coupled your age with childbirth. So you can't get children with the age of 50. Would be nice cause your children's are still godly with their attributes.

Does that actually work? I mean they coupled your age with childbirth. So you can't get children with the age of 50. Would be nice cause your children's are still godly with their attributes.
Only for female characters. An old male character can keep having kids with his young wife.

It is one of the few cases where players got exactly what they asked for. If people wanted siblings in sandbox mode, they should have spoken up.
Come on dude that's bullocks. The examples you provided do not prove your point at all since each and every one of them includes the word "forced" or some variation of it. Why can't the sandbox mode have the option for family members, that, you know, aren't enslaved or trapped behind a questline?

Back
Top Bottom