My final verdict

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey,

I know you (TW) don´t like me and I appreciate that you haven´t already banned me.

So my final verdict for this game (as AngryJoe) would say: YOU ****ED IT UP!

This game could have been the best medieval game ever after Warband (you remember the game you made?)

You´ve released a worse version of Warband with better graphics, that´s all. But the essence is worse! So many features are lacking and won´t be improved. Because you don´t care, you already got the money from us, why should you care?

We won´t get the game we were looking for. A better improved Warband game. You have the engine and that´s all. You got our EA money and that´s all you care about.

You don´t care about what most players really want.

This game is dead for me but sold a good amount because of the hype you´ve created BEFORE your EA release.

And now you´re working on your next game. Nobody here cares about your space game, you won´t get the same hype for your space game as you did with Bannerlord. Never!

So whatever, there isn´t anything I can say about the space game that you can focus on. Keep on fixing minor stuff nobody asked for, keep ignoring your community as you did since like the release but still claim that you care.

I´ve wasted my money on you because I´ve trusted your hype train that already crashed months ago. You had one chance, you´ve missed it. So whatever, have luck with your space game!

Get all the money from Bannerlord that you can do. Try to keep your small indie dev game company image while you behave like Electronic Arts (but even they have a better communication).

Everyone knows you´ll fail at the "big game". I just hope critics will be honest and give your game a honest 5-6/10. And then you notice that you´re not EA, that you don´t have those huge brands like Battlefield, Dragon Age and whatever.

You have Mount and Blade and you failed to deliver and also you don´t care to deliver. You got our money so why should you care?

Last edited:
The ironic thing is, TW communication is so poor at the moment.... that none of the devs will ever hear your rant.

(But we have to, I guess).

Yea, I know. Sorry for my rant again.
You don't have to apologize for caring about the game. Personally I'm done with BL and am playing other games. I'm only coming to the forums occasionally to see if things change, but at this point I hold out little hope. Ngl this is the only game I've even thought about supporting ea and ofc this is what I get for trusting a company. A harsh lesson but one I won't forget.

You don't have to apologize for caring about the game.
I´m living on the edge with my warnings and I guess that this thread is just over the top.

I don´t think that TW cares at all. But enough is enough in my opinion, but thanks. I mean I would even deserve this ban and it won´t matter at all.

Just one player that got banned, thousands of players love this game (check Steam reviews).

Why should they care about some player, they already got my money....in my opinion things will even get worse when Mexxico leaves...

I just hope that this forum guys, like you, wíll remember Bannerlord when TW starts to hype their space game.

And that´s their focus....TW doesn´t care about much about Bannerlord in my opinion. But of course buy their space game.....it´s more important than 1.6 or whatever. They´re done with Bannerlord...in 2 weeks we get the next Hotfix. Right TW?

Most important:

Thanks to ALL modders! You keep it alive! You´re the guys that "we" depend on and thats sad....because you work for free!

Last edited:
Hey,

I know you (TW) don´t like me and I appreciate that you haven´t already banned me.

So my final verdict for this game (as AngryJoe) would say: YOU ****ED IT UP!
Aside from agreeing with your general sentiment about the game, I also think you shouldn't thank them for not being censorious, I know that with this being 2021 and freedom of speech not being a huge deal anymore one would almost be surprised they tolerate criticism.

I'm actually convinced they don't care much about the criticism because they're aware they aren't going to do anything about the complaints, the game will be *marginally* better when it comes up post-beta. They'll just slap a "DONE" sticker on it and let the modders deal with the awful modding tools.

Also, don't be sorry - as most of us you cared about the whole thing and they let you (and us) down in a rather massive way. It's only natural, if you didn't care you wouldn't be sharing your opinion here. Myself, I'm still a little salty about this whole "new space game" thing.
One thing I can tell you for *sure*... if they do anything at all with a new IP before having delivered on Bannerlord (unlikely at this point) I'll just going to skip on their games forever and tell everyone I know to do exactly the same.

(And if I happen to like the space game, I will find a used sailboat instead of using Steam.)

I was playing this game on the new beta patch and not much felt different to me. I got to the point where i had 1 mill in denars/gold (i forgot the currency ) I was going to continue with my own kingdom until i remembered how the AI plays and it's just not a fun experience. You capture a fief to be harassed by smaller parties that will raid your villages repeatedly without changing their actions. The AI is still robotic which is the most boring part to me, lack of in game dialogue, interactions in cities, siege pathing has yet to be fixed. It becomes a game of how many archers you can neatly place on the field without them getting wiped by catapults. 500 something hours on vanilla bannerlord. from doing new campaigns. I got all the fun I could possibly have with this game. a shame because it had so much going for it that was never expanded on.

Just curious if someone would be so kind and have a link to the sci fi statement or info from the devs. Always read it but never saw it. Thank you very much.

Just curious if someone would be so kind and have a link to the sci fi statement or info from the devs. Always read it but never saw it. Thank you very much.
There's no announcement whatsoever. It comes from their job listings for an unannounced project where it said "sci-fi interest" among job requirements in January - even that is now removed. But we know it's Mech and Blaster, because among the first hires is a hard surface artist which means mechs and/or guns.

Last edited:
It really feels like they are working on the next game in full force, while only leaving a small token team for Bannerlord.

Nevertheless, it feels kinda hilarious that people say they wasted their money on Bannerlord when they have played the game for hundreds of hours clearly getting their moneys worth.

There's no announcement whatsoever. It comes from their job listings for an unannounced project where it said "sci-fi interest" among job requirements in January - even that is now removed. But we know it's Mech and Blaster, because among the first hires is a hard surface artist which means mechs and/or guns.
Jesus christ, I thought people were memeing talking about their scifi game, because working on some scifi game instead of fixing the train wreck Bannerlord would be the final and greatest insult. I honestly thought it was a joke all this time. And just like that my last bit of hope for the game has died.

It really feels like they are working on the next game in full force, while only leaving a small token team for Bannerlord.

Nevertheless, it feels kinda hilarious that people say they wasted their money on Bannerlord when they have played the game for hundreds of hours clearly getting their moneys worth.
75%+ of those hours will be because of the many mods that do their best to improve this dog**** game.

It's hilarious that someone could have Warband as their favorite game, wait 8 years for the new game and then be happy with the absolute bare minimum console port that is Native Bannerlord.

It could also mean they are working with aliens to make a normal Viking DLC.
Presumably alien labor is cheap because they are naive about evil human game studios.

Could just be a pre-prod, any new project takes some times to lift the pre-prod. Especially if they have to plan their engine from the ground up.
It's not like we have seen this before with Bannerlord.
I won't be that pessimistic from that matter, it's just a job listing in the end, good on them if they plan to expand.

Back
Top Bottom