Community Reviews of Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Inappropriate behavior (brigading)
For brevity's sake, let me be perfectly clear: brigading on our forum is not allowed. Since discussion has shifted to individuals' opinions of their own reviews and the general state of the game, the thread is remaining open for now with this clarification in place and a notice added to the OP.

Also remember that review bombing is against Steam's Terms of Service.

Hey everyone,

<snip>

Discuss Bannerlord's steam reviews, do you agree with the score being shown? why?

Last edited by a moderator:
A petition asking for refunds may generate more (capitalist) pressure.
There are too few forumites to significantly change the review average and some of them already changed their reviews to negative. This doesn't hurt Taleworlds at all.

I already left a negative review a few months back. I think TW will get a negative hit that they may actually care about when their SCI FI project gets little EA support due to the state Bannerlord has been in. It sucks because I'm not here to stick it to TW. I'm just so disappointed with BL as a game and I have little hope it will be worth it until 2 yrs from now.

I'm not sure how effective it would be if you based it on threads here. Many of the complainers posting are the same people. I'm not saying their criticism is fair or not, but if you remove a couple of hundred active posters I think the forum would be desolate.

I don't usually buy games in EA, though made some rare exceptions including Bannerlord. I won't leave a review either.

This does nothing lol, the ones who care about ratings would already leave a negative review, as if reviews even matter, just check out how much EA makes on steam despite the reviews. The only thing that will get a negative rating is your account for "being offensive" or something.

This does nothing lol, the ones who care about ratings would already leave a negative review, as if reviews even matter, just check out how much EA makes on steam despite the reviews. The only thing that will get a negative rating is your account for "being offensive" or something.
It did for Imperator Rome, the devs were all in their high-horses of "this is my vision for the game deal with it peasants" despite the complaints again and again from the community that the game was barebones, boring, bugged as**** and looking more like a reskinned EU4.

Then the game was review bombed to mostly negative shortly after release and it made the lead dev do a half-hearted apology saying something on the lines "it's still my vision but it seems it didn't pleased the community" and eventually they reworked the game ALOT and nowdays it's very different and i can fully say it's a very good and fun game now.

TW has already generated a ton of sales I'm not sure what this is going to accomplish. Honestly even if every person who frequents these forums did this I doubt it would significantly impact the Steam rating. It's best to know when to call it a lost battle and move on. If you're upset with TW development the best thing you can do is not support their next game, other than that maybe try to get a refund.

TW has already generated a ton of sales I'm not sure what this is going to accomplish. Honestly even if every person who frequents these forums did this I doubt it would significantly impact the Steam rating. It's best to know when to call it a lost battle and move on. If you're upset with TW development the best thing you can do is not support their next game, other than that maybe try to get a refund.

Yes, this is sadly true.

It did for Imperator Rome, the devs were all in their high-horses of "this is my vision for the game deal with it peasants" despite the complaints again and again from the community that the game was barebones, boring, bugged as**** and looking more like a reskinned EU4.

Then the game was review bombed to mostly negative shortly after release and it made the lead dev do a half-hearted apology saying something on the lines "it's still my vision but it seems it didn't pleased the community" and eventually they reworked the game ALOT and nowdays it's very different and i can fully say it's a very good and fun game now.
Yes but TW have made their money so no need for a U-turn. The game will be finished and the modders will make it a game we will enjoy playing.

Really it’s only if TaleWorlds cares about future sales. You see all the hype of Bannerlord was created by the long term fans of the mount and blade series who in turn effect games journalism like pc gamer/rock paper shotgun - and this combination is really what drives the sales as casual Joes decide to hop on and buy a copy because “it simply must be good with all this commotion behind it”

Thats why I’ve always said -TaleWorlds has sold off its currency of “Good Faith” for the short sale but future sales will definitely be effected if they don’t at least partially rectify the situation with their fan base. No one is going to trust the next Dev Blog for the next dlc or sequel after what happened here and if the majority of the diehard fan base turn, you can bet gaming media will take notice and casual Joes will not be there to hop on the next non-existent hype train.

I´ve already changed my review to "bad" months ago.

But this forum community is too small to make a difference overall. In this forum are like 100 (?) dedicated players?

That´s not enough. I´m also not a big fan of this and it´s also not necessary. If you like the game you like it, and if you haven´t played Warband you´ll love Bannerlord until you notice all the "stuff" that is missing.

We also had threads were guys said that only streamers are imporant and get personal auditions. So we are not important in any way if you see the whole picture. We are just the hardcore fans that loved Warband, but that isn´t worth anything.

TW already had their huge EA success with Bannerlord.

Just keep everything in your mind when they announce (and hype) their next game :wink: .

We few people here in this forum aren´t important. We are like 3-5% of all customers? (customers = bought Bannerlord).

TL;DR

TW lives on the hype. Bannerlord is already a HUGE success, just keep it in my mind for the next TW game.

Last edited:
Never forgive, never forget.
Bring on the Space Turks game and try to hype it if you dare TW. It's payback time! :mad:

There's also another way to protest TW's attitude - a mass forum profile suicide pact. A lot of active people delete their forum accounts in a short time and the forum activity dies down. Only incoherent rookies and a couple of toadies remain. And the crickets.

I always laugh when people who spent hundreds or even thousands hours playing a game are writing bad reviews in the Steam

Back
Top Bottom