The ladders worked, the towers worked, the AI worked, everything just worked

Users who are viewing this thread

I mean its completly your choice to compare something so major and life-changing like a marriage and kids with a simple videogame but ok, i guess. Staying with the analogy: will you be depressed and sad after you decide to "divorce" aka abondon the game? Have divorced people not a right to think back on happy times of their marriage? Do you feel like bannerlord is taking your "kids and house" for having currently unfinished and buggy content? I think by now you see that this comparison is a bit too dramatic / absurd.
The point is that people are rightfully disappointed as they were devblogged to expect more, and you tell them to suck it up because they played the game enough hours anyway. For many, they were not quality hours, they were hours of frustrations and crashes and bugs..
When you divorce your first husband, you'll say to him, look on the bright side, I gave you good value? No, it was supposed to be more than that. Why are you like this? You are just going through husbands, aren't you.

The point is that people are rightfully disappointed as they were devblogged to expect more, and you tell them to suck it up because they played the game enough hours anyway. For many, they were not quality hours, they were hours of frustrations and crashes and bugs..
When you divorce your first husband, you'll say to him, look on the bright side, I gave you good value? No, it was supposed to be more than that. Why are you like this? You are just going through husbands, aren't you.
Basically this, the game is not a linear story that can be played in a few hours and then you experienced everything it has to offer.

It's a sandbox world where you can spend the first few hours just learning the ropes and hunting looters for example.

I have some hundred hours or so in bannerlord so far, most of it was spent restarting, testing features, looking for bugs and seeing how the game played out so naturally finding bugs aswell, they were not quality hours for most of the time because of how shallow an undeveloped the game is right now.

In comparison, i have more than 5k hours between warband/classic and their mods and i loved basically every second of it.

Bannerlord is underwhelming to say the least and people are more than in their right to be frustrated by a game that has barely developed anything beyond bugfixes and performance improvements in more than a year.

I was optimistic during release and a few months later, now after seeing how the game is playing out and how 99% of player feedback is being completely ignored?..

If this game is such a torture why not just move on? I really dont get the point there, nobody is forcing you. In order not to drag this pointless coversation any further I suggest we agree to disagree.

If this game is such a torture why not just move on? I really dont get the point there, nobody is forcing you. In order not to drag this pointless coversation any further I suggest we agree to disagree.
The point of this discussion is to convince you to understand and tolerate other people's frustrations with the game. And to make you a better wife.

I think it was a different version of the engine. Strange that in the previous version the AI worked fine...
Unfortunately at the moment the AI in Siege is very very stupid, it spoils the gameplay of the game very much. The siege of cities and castles happens all the time. And constantly have to watch the same situation with the stupid AI.
I think that the AI needs to be fixed first of all because you are constantly playing with the AI

@mexxico Can you please comment on the Siege AI ?
It's not his area, and he's said before that the current problems with pathing in sieges are not an AI problem (I'm not sure what he means by that, but it might mean the navmesh on the map is wrong but the AI is working fine-- if Bannerlord is the type of game that runs on navmeshes. Just speculation).
call me an optimist, but i still believe in the great game that is still ahead of us...it will just take longer than we all want to. Just thinking about the modding community, even if these siege bugs will be present in the final version, im betting 20 denars that some talented individual will have this fixed within weeks
The modding community can't make much progress on the code, because it is full of roadblocks which force them to rewrite absolutely everything (taking an incredibly long period of time nobody is willing to do). People have already tried fixing the sieges, and while they got the ladders kind of working in Realistic Battle Mod, towers are still totally wanked.

Mods should be for expanding the game. If they're being used to fix serious problems with the base game, there's something very wrong.
If this game is such a torture why not just move on?
Most negative posters in these forums still have some hope it can still get the improvements it needs to be a more enjoyable, immersive, and replayable game that isn't as frustrating, bland and shallow. I think there's a 50% chance it's going to be good by the end of EA, and a 50% chance that whatever's going wrong at TW keeps happening and the game is released left with mechanics in an unfinished or unbalanced state.

I don't hope for it to be the game where you can do anything- just Warband+ what was said in devblogs. If they can manage that I will be happy and I have always thought that was quite a reasonable expectation to have.

@Ragratt Rather than pressuring TW to release now, pressure them to pick up the pace of their work. If they release the game how it is now, I severely doubt we will ever get total conversion mods in any significant quantity because of the way the game's code works right now.

Last edited:
It's not his area, and he's said before that the current problems with pathing in sieges are not an AI problem (I'm not sure what he means by that, but it might mean the navmesh on the map is wrong but the AI is working fine-- if Bannerlord is the type of game that runs on navmeshes. Just speculation).

The modding community can't make much progress on the code, because it is full of roadblocks which force them to rewrite absolutely everything (taking an incredibly long period of time nobody is willing to do). People have already tried fixing the sieges, and while they got the ladders kind of working in Realistic Battle Mod, towers are still totally wanked.

Mods should be for expanding the game. If they're being used to fix serious problems with the base game, there's something very wrong.

Most negative posters in these forums still have some hope it can still get the improvements it needs to be a more enjoyable, immersive, and replayable game that isn't as frustrating, bland and shallow. I think there's a 50% chance it's going to be good by the end of EA, and a 50% chance that whatever's going wrong at TW keeps happening and the game is released left with mechanics in an unfinished or unbalanced state.

I don't hope for it to be the game where you can do anything- just Warband+ what was said in devblogs. If they can manage that I will be happy and I have always thought that was quite a reasonable expectation to have.

@Ragratt Rather than pressuring TW to release now, pressure them to pick up the pace of their work. If they release the game how it is now, I severely doubt we will ever get total conversion mods in any significant quantity because of the way the game's code works right now.
You summed everything up very well (y)(y)

??

I want to see TW make substantial fixes and additions to the game over the next 2-3 years.

Full release / EA what is the difference. Its just a way to be excused for buggy game and get paid.. But. Would you rather they not have released at all? Because thats the alternative.

Yeah, the EA imo is a disaster and its hard to fathom what they've been doing the last several years but bannerlord is well reviewed and TW sold many copies. I think they probably made the correct decision financially, but as an ex-fan and loong time customer, I feel disappointed by misleading videos and marketing, and lackluster, trimmed-down game.

pressure them to pick up the pace of their work.
This.

Taleworld's is the turtle in a race, we know that slow and steady wins the race, except in this alternate reality they're slower than the turtle, and with each update they're more unsteady than the last; bug's they've fixed/fixing appear repeatedly alongside another dozen bug's they've created. It's a cycle of bad quality control and playtesting, multiplied by awfully slow development time.

Unfortunately in this world the turtle will pass away long before it reaches the finish line. They neither have the virtue of being swift like the rabbit, nor the virtue of being steady like the turtle, but the sins of being slow and ignorant, this half bread of taleworld's turtle and rabbit is still sitting at the start of the track chewing on it's 5million in revenue of carrots.

We all want quantity, and we all want quality and some of us want both, but unless taleworld's somehow steps up it's game whether through their own dilemma or the communities, we sadly wont be getting neither. :xf-cry:

The point of this discussion is to convince you to understand and tolerate other people's frustrations with the game. And to make you a better wife.
And what about the possibility of convincing yourself to understand and tolerate others? And to make you a better person?

You systemitacelly pop-up in any discussion thread where people dare to give positive thoughts and comments about this game...
Just like a grumpy old dude who ended his life alone, because he was not able to forgive / tolerate a single thing his whole life.

And I'm amazed at how you can bring sensitive and real topics like illness (remember ER) and divorce as arguments, into a video game forum...
So for you the frustration you get from this game (not being developped the way you expected...) is at the same level than what you could get when you suffer from illness or after a divorce?

To help you to relativize and hopefully relieve some of your frustrations:
"People are disturbed not by things, but by the view which they take of them."

Finally some quality discussion, thank you. I fully agree. Regarding modding: i absolutely have no idea how modding works, im just a simple consumer, but im viewing mods as the last straw in the event that tw somehow doesnt fix it in the final product, which im still positive they will.

And what about the possibility of convincing yourself to understand and tolerate others? And to make you a better person?

You systemitacelly pop-up in any discussion thread where people dare to give positive thoughts and comments about this game...
Just like a grumpy old dude who ended his life alone, because he was not able to forgive / tolerate a single thing his whole life.

And I'm amazed at how you can bring sensitive and real topics like illness (remember ER) and divorce as arguments, into a video game forum...
So for you the frustration you get from this game (not being developped the way you expected...) is at the same level than what you could get when you suffer from illness or after a divorce?

To help you to relativize and hopefully relieve some of your frustrations:
"People are disturbed not by things, but by the view which they take of them."
It's just a metaphor. Relax.

Finally some quality discussion, thank you. I fully agree. Regarding modding: i absolutely have no idea how modding works, im just a simple consumer, but im viewing mods as the last straw in the event that tw somehow doesnt fix it in the final product, which im still positive they will.
I do hope you're right!
You summed everything up very well (y)(y)

I don't actually pop up a lot. This time was basically trolling (you can see this from the overly dramatic divorce/wife analogies setting up a joke).
I do dislike instinctive delusional bootlicking though, but that's very rare. In fact, only one person fits this description. It's okay for people to like the game, but it's not okay to bend over backwards just to justify every little fault of the game and the company.

Back
Top Bottom