[Poll] Do you think it is too late for Taleworlds to redo the class system?

Do you think Taleworlds has enough time to save multiplayer and redo the class system for Native?

• Yes. They could start from scratch now and release a system that players would be happy with.

• No. We are too far in development to make changes that would bring back the playerbase.

• Not for native. They should make a MP focused DLC (ex: NW) That addresses the problems with MP.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

What are your thoughts on this? I see 3 paths that Taleworlds could take here given the current MP situation. I created the poll options under the assumption that we are all in agreement that the multiplayer is in a dire state and at a critical crossroads in development. If you think multiplayer is *chefs kiss* as is, I am not legally able to stop you from queuing for skirmish with the 5 other people who agree with you.

Option 1: Stay the course. Continue to create multiplayer content at the pace they are currently at. Multiplayer *eventually* receives Duel and Battle mode, but with the current class system. The multiplayer playerbase slightly increases on 1.0 launch to see whats new but steadily declines again back to current levels once they see the same class system and gear hierarchy is present.

Option 2: Cut their losses. Recognize that the playerbase is closer to being nonexistent that it is healthy. Start native MP essentially from scratch and rerelease it with a friendlier Server Browser, new Class System, and conceptually better gamemodes and maps for said gamemodes. The playerbase temporarily explodes for multiplayers 2.0 rerelease and will either stay healthy or decline again depending on how good of a job Taleworlds does.

Option 3: Assign a skeleton crew to the current MP. Let that small MP team continue to implement duel, spectator, voice chat, and other "framework" multiplayer mechanics. Meanwhile, a larger team begins working on a multiplayer themed expansion to the main game. The expansion would (SHOULD) directly address players main problems with the class system, gear balance and core mechanics. Most importantly, the expansion will provide a framework for many of the multiplayer mods people are hoping to see. The expansion including a functional custom server browser and a map maker that allows mappers to show assets and custom textures on multiplayer servers (something we fear may not be possible yet with the current map editor and how porting scenes works) will allow the multiplayer community to actually gain some traction and form the baseline for future growth.

I partially suspect that Taleworlds is beginning the early development of option 3. The absurdly slow production of new multiplayer content relative to singleplayer, along with the game breaking and under normal circumstances unacceptable bugs (sound of doom in multiple otherwise very small patches, screen flickering, floating t-posed dismounted horseman) would suggest that not only is the current multiplayer team very small, lacking even basic QA testing, and simply doesnt have the manpower required to keep up with what the higher ups are demanding of them.

There is also the 4th option where Taleworlds has just decided that they do not care at all about multiplayer, and the same skeleton crew from option 3 is present, not because of an expansion, but because of a lack of interest in further developing the module. If this is the case, and Taleworlds really has thrown in the towel on meaningfully developing the module, the Taleworlds needs to release custom server files and the proper mod tools *yesterday* so that people can get to work on the projects we want to develop. If they elect not to do this, then the fate of Bannerlord multiplayer is no longer our problem.

They should release custom servers so that people can make the changes themselves in their servers and people can play in the servers they prefer.

Considering the current status of the game were everything have been designed with it in mind (Duel, One life, skirmish, etc.) I dont think is possible, or least not possible without messing things up.

me self is a programmer.
according to recent disasters, as far as my experience, I am quite sure that guy who made the fundamental design has left. The current MP team is still struggling on understanding legacy codes.
(at least not in the MP team and provides poorly support)
so, no...
btw, I don't mind class system

me self is a programmer.
according to recent disasters, as far as my experience, I am quite sure that guy who made the fundamental design has left. The current MP team is still struggling on understanding legacy codes.
(at least not in the MP team and provides poorly support)
so, no...
btw, I don't mind class system
above 0% chance the original MP lead was forced out after Taleworlds realized how disastrous MP was and needed a fall guy within the company.

TW does not care about your suggestions for class system folks, i have read each single thread about these and they either ignore it or say "oh looks good" and nothing ever changes

What are your thoughts on this? I see 3 paths that Taleworlds could take here given the current MP situation. I created the poll options under the assumption that we are all in agreement that the multiplayer is in a dire state and at a critical crossroads in development. If you think multiplayer is *chefs kiss* as is, I am not legally able to stop you from queuing for skirmish with the 5 other people who agree with you.

Option 1: Stay the course. Continue to create multiplayer content at the pace they are currently at. Multiplayer *eventually* receives Duel and Battle mode, but with the current class system. The multiplayer playerbase slightly increases on 1.0 launch to see whats new but steadily declines again back to current levels once they see the same class system and gear hierarchy is present.

Option 2: Cut their losses. Recognize that the playerbase is closer to being nonexistent that it is healthy. Start native MP essentially from scratch and rerelease it with a friendlier Server Browser, new Class System, and conceptually better gamemodes and maps for said gamemodes. The playerbase temporarily explodes for multiplayers 2.0 rerelease and will either stay healthy or decline again depending on how good of a job Taleworlds does.

Option 3: Assign a skeleton crew to the current MP. Let that small MP team continue to implement duel, spectator, voice chat, and other "framework" multiplayer mechanics. Meanwhile, a larger team begins working on a multiplayer themed expansion to the main game. The expansion would (SHOULD) directly address players main problems with the class system, gear balance and core mechanics. Most importantly, the expansion will provide a framework for many of the multiplayer mods people are hoping to see. The expansion including a functional custom server browser and a map maker that allows mappers to show assets and custom textures on multiplayer servers (something we fear may not be possible yet with the current map editor and how porting scenes works) will allow the multiplayer community to actually gain some traction and form the baseline for future growth.

I partially suspect that Taleworlds is beginning the early development of option 3. The absurdly slow production of new multiplayer content relative to singleplayer, along with the game breaking and under normal circumstances unacceptable bugs (sound of doom in multiple otherwise very small patches, screen flickering, floating t-posed dismounted horseman) would suggest that not only is the current multiplayer team very small, lacking even basic QA testing, and simply doesnt have the manpower required to keep up with what the higher ups are demanding of them.

There is also the 4th option where Taleworlds has just decided that they do not care at all about multiplayer, and the same skeleton crew from option 3 is present, not because of an expansion, but because of a lack of interest in further developing the module. If this is the case, and Taleworlds really has thrown in the towel on meaningfully developing the module, the Taleworlds needs to release custom server files and the proper mod tools *yesterday* so that people can get to work on the projects we want to develop. If they elect not to do this, then the fate of Bannerlord multiplayer is no longer our problem.
Option 1:
When Duel and Battle is released, the player numbers will be split across even more gamemodes and Skirmish will suffer hard. Either that or Battle will become the designated "Event" gamemode which is more likely. Best thing to hope for is modders taking the system appart and create something better, preferebly a Mercs or CRPG version, but even that will drastically reduce the reach of multiplayer.

Option 2:
Way too much work, incredibly unlikely to happen. They probably had more people helping out on multiplayer at the start (so they could release the alpha and beta) and the ones who created the current system is probably working on singleplayer now. The ones in charge of multiplayer now is a small team, and they most likely dont have the authority nor the manpower to rebuild the system. If this were to happen, it would happen after early access release, and take a very long time. But it wont. The crossroad is about a year behind us by now, I think we either deal with what we have or leave.

Option 3:
Kinda touched on that, most likely the larger team will be added to multiplayer, but it'll focus on making money, so skins, cosmetics, potentially events etc. Recreating the class system would be way too much work, and its a system they seem to be happy with as is.

Option 4 kind of:
Thats very likely. Its incredibly short sighted though. Multiplayer can bring in a ton of revenue, even without going down the e-sport route, which would be a massive investment if they decide to go that route. They can probably afford it, just slowly start building a scene from the dirt, small prize pools, slowly increasing it as time goes by.
So much potential here....

The multiplayer playerbase slightly increases on 1.0 launch to see whats new but steadily declines again back to current levels once they see the same class system and gear hierarchy is present.
It's one thing to have an opinion on the system but reducing the entirety of MP's popularity to "has class system or does not" is silly.

It's one thing to have an opinion on the system but reducing the entirety of MP's popularity to "has class system or does not" is silly.
We can be generous and say 30% of the population likes it, most of which dont know any other options. There are way better ways of designing the system that the playerbase can enjoy. Letting us select our own equipment, and having a "Suggested equipment" setup for people who want the simplicity would make everyone happy.

accessibility guys!!! you can just jump into the fun straight away and not have to worry about setting up!!! its also perfect for those simpleton console players and that's all we care about!!!!!!

accessibility guys!!! you can just jump into the fun straight away and not have to worry about setting up!!! its also perfect for those simpleton console players and that's all we care about!!!!!!
This

Im tired of beeing forced into classes with garbage loadouts that you have to throw away right after spawning.
If I want to play ligh/med/heavy armor or a combination of them with weapon X, just let me do it. Stop forcing us into premade troops.
All the variations and depthness we had in warband just gets wasted and smoked with the current class system

They should just cut their losses and cease multiplayer development entirely. Focus on making and perfecting the tools that will allow the community to fix this ill-conceived abortion they have unleashed upon the world.

Back
Top Bottom