Caravans and shops - WTF money waste ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Ahfrsk

Recruit
Hello.
Im trying to play the single player, but 98% of my time and energy goes to running tournaments and miniquests to keep my small party of 100 fed.
I tried to buy shops and caravans, but what the actual F is up with that ?
I have 3 caravans and 1 shop.
My daily charge is ~500 denars and those 3 caravans and 1 shop is bringing me in ~300 denars a day, IF IM LUCKY.
I have wasted 45k denars to earn 300 a day ? I have invested 45k and im still in negative !
How am i supposed to raise an army to siege a castle like that ??

Why is my shop earning 28 denars a day and sometimes caravans bring in no earning at all ? Out of 3 caravans i have, sometimes only 1 is earning.
Also, the caravans bring is ~100 denars IF IM LUCKY.
Is it total waste of money to buy caravant and shops ?

Do your caravan leaders have any experience in trade?
Doesn't matter, he won't even notice the difference. according to tests the difference between 0 and 150 is only 253 and 298 average, nothing to get excited about

@Flesson19 any new caravan break through is 1.5.9? Mine all got destroyed too often.

Hello.
Im trying to play the single player, but 98% of my time and energy goes to running tournaments and miniquests to keep my small party of 100 fed.
My daily charge is ~500 denars and those 3 caravans and 1 shop is bringing me in ~300 denars a day, IF IM LUCKY.
I have wasted 45k denars to earn 300 a day ? I have invested 45k and im still in negative !

Why is my shop earning 28 denars a day and sometimes caravans bring in no earning at all ? Out of 3 caravans i have, sometimes only 1 is earning.
Yeah it's a ****show, if you own a town with a good resource like silver ore or sheep, it's good to make the related shop, but otherwise I wouldn't bother
For Money, BEAT UP LORDS, sell loot. No faction? Just beat minor factions! Make a party of good budget troops like khuzait raiders or t2-3 vlandian xbow men, easy to replace and not so expensive. Your money problems will melt away if you just keep fighting lords!

If you're trying to take fief without being a vassal, good for you, but you should still beat up a faction and save up money first. Whoever you take the fief from is gonna become an annoyance eventually and you'll want some money to pay for peace so they stay off you lawn!

Hello.

Looks like modding is back on the menu boys.

Doesn't matter, he won't even notice the difference. according to tests the difference between 0 and 150 is only 253 and 298 average, nothing to get excited about

@Flesson19 any new caravan break through is 1.5.9? Mine all got destroyed too often.

Yeah it's a ****show, if you own a town with a good resource like silver ore or sheep, it's good to make the related shop, but otherwise I wouldn't bother
For Money, BEAT UP LORDS, sell loot. No faction? Just beat minor factions! Make a party of good budget troops like khuzait raiders or t2-3 vlandian xbow men, easy to replace and not so expensive. Your money problems will melt away if you just keep fighting lords!

If you're trying to take fief without being a vassal, good for you, but you should still beat up a faction and save up money first. Whoever you take the fief from is gonna become an annoyance eventually and you'll want some money to pay for peace so they stay off you lawn!

I've been trying to get help with caravans getting plundered for month, offered numerous suggestions, playing higher price for 40 troop caravans, getting 1 additional troop each clan tier but been rejected by TW for each one as they figure they make enough to support how long they last so nothing I tried has worked.
In 1.5.10 I will be doing some additional tests that might help improve profit more, some ideas I have.

I've been trying to get help with caravans getting plundered for month, offered numerous suggestions, playing higher price for 40 troop caravans, getting 1 additional troop each clan tier but been rejected by TW for each one as they figure they make enough to support how long they last so nothing I tried has worked.
In 1.5.10 I will be doing some additional tests that might help improve profit more, some ideas I have.

Do you understand inner working of caravans (on code level)? I would like to mod them bit more but I need to understand them first and you seem to have the best knowledge of them. AKA how do you think I could buff the caravan income by mod?

Edit: Also, would you be willing to try my income mod (signature)? I received conflicting info from player who downloaded it, some say it does not really effect income from caravans, some say it reduces it. I personally have only campaing where I am vassal and our empire is in constant total war so I believe my personal data is unrelieble due to hostility of many cities.

Do you understand inner working of caravans (on code level)? I would like to mod them bit more but I need to understand them first and you seem to have the best knowledge of them. AKA how do you think I could buff the caravan income by mod?
No I do not understand code, I just use every different scenraio to try and figure out what works, wish I knew code

No I do not understand code, I just use every different scenraio to try and figure out what works, wish I knew code
Only thing I found so far that might affect it is initial budget of caravan (its same as its price), perhaps increasing the budget would increase the income.

Only thing I found so far that might affect it is initial budget of caravan (its same as its price), perhaps increasing the budget would increase the income.
At one point I thought their budget was their starting price so starting with higher level troops offered more profits however that was changed very quickly

At one point I thought their budget was their starting price so starting with higher level troops offered more profits however that was changed very quickly
Also, if I changed entire caravan into cavalry units, perhaps increased speed would result in more income.

Hello.

this game isn't incomplete, the economy system is **** up

I feel your pain, the most honest I can give you is cheat, cheat to add yourself 10 millions deanars and you wont worry about financial issue anymore.
Enjoy the game, this game is all about mount and blade, not about worry about financial, lol
you can worry about your financial in real life

Yes I say it in my workshop and caravan videos, economy is almost impossible to figure out. If your a trader then make caravans they are profitable if done right. If not a trader then do the great quests, bandit bases till you can fight big battles, but above all else don't get discouraged, find something you love and go with it

this game isn't incomplete, the economy system is **** up

I feel your pain, the most honest I can give you is cheat, cheat to add yourself 10 millions deanars and you wont worry about financial issue anymore.
Enjoy the game, this game is all about mount and blade, not about worry about financial, lol
you can worry about your financial in real life
It is incomplete. That's literally the point of EA.

But yeah, caravans aren't really worth it, especially once bandit parties start getting big and you end up at war with everyone so your caravans have nowhere to go.

Hello.

first finding the right workshop can be tough. I make a video each patch that shows you the most profitable shops in all towns for each patch out there if you just want to know. I know where you can make 300+ a day for a shop. For caravans that can be a little trickier, understanding how they work also helps. It can take 20-40 days for a caravan to really start turning a profit, but also if made correctly they can average over 500 a day profits. It's all about knowing what it takes to make them profitable. If you want I can link videos for each. But if your just tired with it there are other way to make amazing money that I have covered also, bandit base, laborers quest, aserai deliver the herd, trading horse from askar to vlandia, I have covered all of these and starting a new game I normally have around 100-200k in the first 50-75 days easily.
It's all about information, once you got it then the game gets easier. We were all there at one point and didn't know, but you will get there, if you got questions just ask me,

Last edited:
It is incomplete. That's literally the point of EA.

But yeah, caravans aren't really worth it, especially once bandit parties start getting big and you end up at war with everyone so your caravans have nowhere to go.
your pretty much right, unless your a dedicated trader and know how to set up caravans to their max potential and have insurance plans perk, they are pretty much useless to all and very sad TW won't do anything about it

Do you understand inner working of caravans (on code level)?
Yes, they are coded to take your money in Askar and walk directly to Sturgia, the only hostile faction, and attempt to trade with a hostile faction because food prices are high there (not a joke).

If there are no hostile factions they kill looters, take the looters prisoners, and then die to chain-attacks of looters because they have 2.2 move speed from prisoner penalty (not a joke)

Well you can also download my mod if you dont want to cheat officially, workshops are gonna earn 250-1K a day. As for caravans they got quite complex code, but what I was able to dig out is that they are trying to keep budget of 5000 and that they are going to buy at most goods of one type for 1500. They also start with 10 000 on their bank account. So if they are willing to invest some 5K, probably less, and they pay wages of up to almost 300 a day their profit cannot really be good. I mean they are probably gonna do trade once every 3 days given distances and wait time in the citiies. So they need to make huge profit from that 5K investment in order to break even.

your pretty much right, unless your a dedicated trader and know how to set up caravans to their max potential and have insurance plans perk, they are pretty much useless to all and very sad TW won't do anything about it
I love this game so much, I have play this game so much time, this is my favorite game, I play it through half of my adult life, and after one year of release, it still as "early access game" is very disappointed

There are so many things TW should do, but they still didn't do it
that's why I cheat to have Influence system, the money, I just don't have time to waste to make money in the game, lol I am even struggling to make money in real life

Back
Top Bottom