The ladders worked, the towers worked, the AI worked, everything just worked

Users who are viewing this thread

Scripted...there is just no other explanation.

But TW isn´t the only company that "lies" in their trailers shown on GC/E3 and so on.

Funny that they talked about "polishing to be done" and "edges to be rounded" 5 years ago :grin: .

Is it me or does even the music sound different? I don't remember hearing a different tune (4:43) when starting to win... only the victory tune once the battle is over.

Also, am I the only one who prefers the way units look here? The designs are simple, but they actually look like they take place before Warband and units don't look overly armoured (despite somehow taking more hits than is currently possible).

On the plus side, it seems like animations have been polished since then...

Though all in all, this version somehow feels so much more appealing.

8pJYrxu.gif

I recommend anyone to go and check out any footage a couple years prior to release.

It will really open your eyes to how they lied to us. Like someone said, they claimed the game needed some polish and edges rounded out. That was a flat out lie.

Did they even have the campaign map then? All that video shows is a custom battle. Lol

Watch this gameplay guys, it's from 2016 as well:

The campaign was there, graphics where more or less the same, they even had the gang mechanics... 100+ people had 5 years to work with what we saw here, I'm honestly speechless.

The campaign was there, graphics where more or less the same, they even had the gang mechanics... 100+ people had 5 years to work with what we saw here, I'm honestly speechless.

Not only that, there's a lot of artwork that appears to have vanished... which is a true shame.

Also, it somehow feels like a lot of the details in the first version are gone, such as the weapons on display in the smithy.
Btw, I really hope they bring back the smithy crafting weapons for the player back, because I really like the UI they have there.

That´s why I think those stuff was just scripted and not really working. Otherwise it doesn´t make any sense.

I mean 5 years ago they´ve shown a nice siege battle with a working AI and now we have sieges that don´t really "work"?

Well, after reading the early-access roadmap thread I can take with a grain of salt, that whatever we saw in that 2016 gameplay and most importantly, the crime and gang complexity and the operation that happened in that video was never a thing in this version. just a few quests for some negligible loot and relationship loss.. feelsbad..

in 2016:

What happened?

@1:46 Whoa I didn't know they had an estus flasks in the early build?
I know it's just for show but I also worry that they use heal cheats when testing stuff, would explain why armor and damage is so slow to be changed.
Seriously though, he gets hit constantly the whole time... would have died like 20 times in current game on normal damage without any heals.

We are basically playing bannelord 3 or 4 right now by how many times they seem to have scrapped all and restarted the project and this manages to be the most underwhelming version..

@MostBlunted I'm not even sure it's the case, I mean they probably made sure those specific scenes looked good, made sure the siege would play out nicely and so forth. But even if they had scripted each individual unit to use a specific ladder, surely in 5 years they should've been able to somehow randomize and improve this script to work in all siege maps.

@MostBlunted I'm not even sure it's the case, I mean they probably made sure those specific scenes looked good, made sure the siege would play out nicely and so forth. But even if they had scripted each individual unit to use a specific ladder, surely in 5 years they should've been able to somehow randomize and improve this script to work in all siege maps.
Yea, but what happened then? We are talking about 5 years, it´s like Wolcen.

DId you know once game is finished employee job contracts end, hence the team is reduced to minimal size to maintain and fix small bugs in the game.
You can achieve results with 100 developers but not with 10-25 that are required to keep up the game in working state.

Yeah I think this is the big question.. I remember a while ago someone in this forum wrote that development had apprently gone around in circles since 2016-2017.

DId you know once game is finished employee job contracts end, hence the team is reduced to minimal size to maintain and fix small bugs in the game.
You can achieve results with 100 developers but not with 10-25 that are required to keep up the game in working state.
I'm sure there's planned DLC's + their Sci-fi game. Additionally isn't half their workforce interns anyway ?

Back
Top Bottom