Acquiring Elite Horses

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been playing Bannerlord for only just over a month and I just became aware that each faction has elite horses that require 90 riding to mount. Ever since learning that I have been looking all over the campaign map looking for these rare creatures. I read that some people have won them in tournaments so I have been circling Calradia participating in all the various tournaments to no avail. I have also been trying to trade with all the towns as well as horse farm villages and I have yet to find a single one of these horses. The only one I have ever had access to was called a Tyal horse that came along with Svana when I married her.

I am playing on 1.5.8. Have these horse just not been added to the economy of the game yet? Or am I looking in the wrong place for them? Or am I just unlucky?

1 They can be tournament prizes, however I haven't seen them in 1.5.8 or 1.5.9 as prizes, but I don't go out of my way looking. It could be they changed the conditions for them to be prizes and it's just rarer now.

2 Marry for them, spouses (other then battanin) will have2 special horses of their culture. Use you brothers to marry too and you can even get wives killed and marry again.

3 Brother has the "pureblood" special horse in his civ gear after you rescue him, in some versions of 1.5.8 he didn't, but in 1.5.9 he has it again so YMMV, I think they wanted him to not have it anymore but it keeps showing up :razz:

4 The175 Scouting perk that gives you chance at getting mounts each day you're in plains or steppe can (very rarely) give you a special culture horse and even other special horses that don't appear in the game otherwise and of course the pureblood horse. It's of course a slim chance of getting any particular horse but you will get some interesting stuff from this perk over time.

Can they be dropped after battles? At the moment I seem to have a couple of Cossians in my inventory that I don't remember obtaining.

Can they be dropped after battles? At the moment I seem to have a couple of Cossians in my inventory that I don't remember obtaining.
I'd like to know too, from somebody who can look into the code. I've never seen a special horse in loot and I had thought lord items just don't drop, but I think that's not true and that it's just a ****ed up system and it make it very unlikely for the expensive things they have to drop. Some special horses aren't that expensive, so it seems like they should drop sometimes... I don't know though, haven't seen it.

I think TW said they were finally doing something about rare gear soon.

Kinda sucks how a non-combatant noblewoman can have a Cossian in her Civilian loadout but me worth 1m+ has to scavenge the planet in the hopes of ever finding one.

I get cossians from time to time. Not really my favorite horse. There are some better ones I would like though, but they seem to never appear unless on a spouse. I suspect cossians are considered rare now where all other special horses are more what you might call ultra-rare. Used to be I could get special horses occasionally from tournaments, but I play a lot of tournaments and my guess would be you can no longer get the truly rare ones from tournaments. In my current play through I've won 79 tournaments and haven't seen a single rare horse, I don't think I've seen even a cossian offered and this doesn't count the occasional loss.

I get cossians from time to time. Not really my favorite horse. There are some better ones I would like though, but they seem to never appear unless on a spouse. I suspect cossians are considered rare now where all other special horses are more what you might call ultra-rare. Used to be I could get special horses occasionally from tournaments, but I play a lot of tournaments and my guess would be you can no longer get the truly rare ones from tournaments. In my current play through I've won 79 tournaments and haven't seen a single rare horse, I don't think I've seen even a cossian offered and this doesn't count the occasional loss.
If they're from loot it could because they cheaper then the other special horses and so more likely to be loot. Still never seen one myself.

Back
Top Bottom