Tired of getting banned reacting to teamkillers

Users who are viewing this thread

Trolling by teamhitting/teamkilling was an issue since closed beta, for a long time I called for a system to detect repeated teamhitting and issue auto-kick/bans, of course TW being TW, they simply didn't care. Therefore, I repeat my suggestion, if you can't be bothered to implement a system like this, disable teamhitting for Captain mode because as a result of your incompetence all I can do aganist a troll who targets me or my troops is to try to kill him before he does further damage. I made a huge mistake buying this game and in the future I'll do my best to prevent people getting into this mess.

Vote to kick is reportedly coming!

Ever since the devs said that it helps your case to apologize over chat I just say oops or sorry after tking those dirty griefers or when I just want to dool someone on my team.

I don't see vote to kick function as a solution to teamkilling and I'm pretty sure it will be abused as well, as it was abused in wfas and warband. Since 2011, I experienced first hand that the community of the series have lots of people with mental problems.

Just learn to block, protect yourself at all times, even from your teammates.
Think positive, use this as an opportunity to get better. It's all about your mindset.

Just learn to block, protect yourself at all times, even from your teammates.
Think positive, use this as an opportunity to get better. It's all about your mindset.
I didn't play the skirmish mode for a long time now and in Captain mode they often go after the troops if they fail to kill you. Trolls and problematic people are in every game but what bothers me is that TW doesn't care at all and moderation doesn't do a good job at detecting who is the culprit, I don't know if they do it on purpose or not. It's not rocket science to implement a system to detect repeated teamhits, it has been done in wfas and in warband. People shouldn't be able to just tk a whole unit and walk away. It should have been implemented during closed beta, here we are more than a year later, still nothing. They should at least follow the lazy route and disable friendly fire, their attitude towards this issue is absolute cancer. Probably even the lazy route is too much work for them..

This reminds me of my high school experience. First day, attempted bullying. People throw stuff at me because I'm from another town. I throw a pencil case in the face of one of the boys who were bothering me. A pencil somehow ends up stuck into his eye, he doesn't lose it but he gets taken to the hospital. Obviously plays the victim. I end up being expelled.
Really sounds like Bannerlord there. Or maybe Napoleonic Wars.

I didn't play the skirmish mode for a long time now and in Captain mode they often go after the troops if they fail to kill you. Trolls and problematic people are in every game but what bothers me is that TW doesn't care at all and moderation doesn't do a good job at detecting who is the culprit, I don't know if they do it on purpose or not. It's not rocket science to implement a system to detect repeated teamhits, it has been done in wfas and in warband. People shouldn't be able to just tk a whole unit and walk away. It should have been implemented during closed beta, here we are more than a year later, still nothing. They should at least follow the lazy route and disable friendly fire, their attitude towards this issue is absolute cancer. Probably even the lazy route is too much work for them..
I can tell you that moderation is also the problem. There have been people claiming to be admin/moderate for like 10 years. Well, guess what? Problems are solved because they've been doing a poor job. This is like the backyard mechanic claiming to be doing his thing for over 30 years. Well, he's been doing it wrong. Like I've stated before and it has come true, the friends will gain up on that one outsider. Admins/moderations tend to pick who they want to punish. That is why I feel most of the old admins/mods should lose their positions and give it to different members especially those with no major affiliation with other players. Even privately owned servers will not solve the issue because there will tend to be a popular server with corrupt admins. Even a no-friendly fire will not solve the issue. You will people gain up on you and block your playing. There needs to be harsh and quick punishment to teach these trolls a lesson. 24hr, 3day, 5 days, 7 days ban should curb their trolling.

This reminds me of my high school experience. First day, attempted bullying. People throw stuff at me because I'm from another town. I throw a pencil case in the face of one of the boys who were bothering me. A pencil somehow ends up stuck into his eye, he doesn't lose it but he gets taken to the hospital. Obviously plays the victim. I end up being expelled.
Really sounds like Bannerlord there. Or maybe Napoleonic Wars.
exactly.

if you're getting banned for teamkilling then the system is working, you must become the Gandhi of bannerlord, never fight back. vengeance is a dish served cold

One can not be responsible for the behaviour of another, one can only be responsible for one's own behaviour.

Friendly fire is great. If they implement it like they did in siege mode: you hit a teammate you deal very little damage to them and a lot of damage to yourself, then problem solved.

Without FF game becomes a boring mindless spam-fest.

TaleWorlds likes it this way.

Been an issue since literally EA day 1.

Its not that complicated. If you TK 2 times per game, you instagib yourself if you TK again. If you teamkill 5 in a match, your account is silently marked a Kinslayer, and instagib yourself if you TK any ally for an undisclosed number of days(resetting to 0 days elapsed at each TK). If you TK 10 times in match (not counting your AI's teamkills), instaban, introduce some noise in there so trolls can't figure out to kill 9 and stop. ez pz.

Is it perfect? No. Is it better than nothing? Yes, as it slows down troll teamkilling. All you have to do is slow them down and they will get bored. Ever since 2h meta stopped being so ridiculous, Captain teamkilling went way down.

Roleplay it as dying of shame that you killed so many of your brethren and then being exiled if you need to.

I've accidentally teamkilled 2 allies in a match before, and definitely felt like it would have been fair if I were instagibbed the second time. I like end-of-match dueling as much as anyone, but I'm also completely fine with my head exploding if I win the duel.

"Just leave", that isn't a solution to the problem. You'll get matched to the same game and same team. So basically, you acknowledge they are able to make you leave the match and make you stop playing at least for a while so you can continue playing the game you paid a AAA game price to play, if that's not messed up I don't know what is. That's why I have been urging TW to implement a system for months now. It's their responsibility to prevent it and moderation do seek the people who criticise TW on forums, I'm sure of it, I've been targeted by a forum moderator before and another mod agreed the warning shouldn't have been issued in that case, highly likely that it's the case with game moderation as well. I encountered the pos who tked my whole unit for several rounds, apparently he enjoyed seeing this post. But god forbid if someone might acknowledge how incompetent and irresponsible TW has been so far.

"Just leave", that isn't a solution to the problem. You'll get matched to the same game and same team. So basically, you acknowledge they are able to make you leave the match and make you stop playing at least for a while so you can continue playing the game you paid a AAA game price to play, if that's not messed up I don't know what is.
Hey, I might be wrong here... Maybe you don't usually do this... but in the couple of games you and i played and lost yesterday we had to watch you solo cav your last men till the timer ran out every time. Is it possible someone is trying to send you a message and get you to leave because of that? Might be worth considering. But either way tk is never the right answer. Vote to kick can't come soon enough. I hope you don't get banned for retaliating to a tk'r, but maybe consider losing graciously by suicide in those situations.

Back
Top Bottom