Why can't i use bastard sword 1h without shield now?

Should you be able to use bastard sword one handed without a shield?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

i appreciate the bastard sword switching to 2h when you drop/break shield making it easier to use when you need it, but fighting against polearms its better to use the bastard sword with 1h for the range, and you can no longer use the bastard sword 1h when you press x (change weapon mode/couch)

please put it back into the game,

thank you

cuz its just better for players who dont know how to change it to 2h and also i dont think that you would have more range with 1h

Voted no because I remember getting my ass murdered a few too many times just cuz I fumbled with shield unequipping and an unresponsive X.

Not sure if OP is trolling or has no idea what he is talking about.
my key binding for "switch weapon usage" is: x

x no longer changes my weapon type from 2 handed bastard sword to 1 handed bastard sword,

haven't tried single player yet to see if it changed there but i dont play single player and this is a multiplayer board,

if this is different for you and only happens to me please comment and share your experience,

thank you for responding

my key binding for "switch weapon usage" is: x

x no longer changes my weapon type from 2 handed bastard sword to 1 handed bastard sword,

haven't tried single player yet to see if it changed there but i dont play single player and this is a multiplayer board,

if this is different for you and only happens to me please comment and share your experience,

thank you for responding
Boy, this is an improvement to what we had before and saved my ass in like more situations than it could be to dismay to me since without a shield you unlock the true potential of the weapon, which is in one handed mode basicly longer range.
You have legitimate points in your posting history, but some things you post sound like uninformed stuff and I won't hold back calling on it: this is one of them.

I don't know where you get any real edge against the pole arm in one handed mode. There is virtually none. And the specific case you describe is like 1 in 10 where it might work against you, bit it is improvement in all other cases.

Boy, this is an improvement to what we had before and saved my ass in like more situations than it could be to dismay to me since without a shield you unlock the true potential of the weapon, which is in one handed mode basicly longer range.
You have legitimate points in your posting history, but some things you post sound like uninformed stuff and I won't hold back calling on it: this is one of them.

I don't know where you get any real edge against the pole arm in one handed mode. There is virtually none. And the specific case you describe is like 1 in 10 where it might work against you, bit it is improvement in all other cases.
thanks for saying i have legitimate points in any of my posting history :smile:

but i dont think taking away a players ability to use a 2 handed bastard sword with 1 hand without a shield is a good thing,

taking away any freedom is a bad thing unless it is being exploited,

even if its "1 in 10" i would like to have the freedom to use the bastard sword 1 handed to get that longer range when i choose,

i get why they did it, breaking the shield and it not automatically switching to the 2 handed faster mode was awful and got me killed on many occasions,

but the fix should be to switch to 2h when shield is broken, or switched out, automatically and still have the option to hit x to switch to the 1 handed longer but slower mode to throw off opponents or fight against different kind of weapons where i believe it is more suitable,

to just disable the 1h feature just because you dont want to program the bastard sword to automatically enter 2 handed mode whenever the shield is dropped is taking away the beauty of being able to use the bastard sword in both the 1h and 2h options in combat which i think is a bad thing and should be corrected,

thank you for reading and commenting

thanks for saying i have legitimate points in any of my posting history :smile:
If someone makes good points, he's making good points.

but i dont think taking away a players ability to use a 2 handed bastard sword with 1 hand without a shield is a good thing,
taking away any freedom is a bad thing unless it is being exploited,
even if its "1 in 10" i would like to have the freedom to use the bastard sword 1 handed to get that longer range when i choose,
I see where you come from. But again - if I use the bastard sword 1 handed when I could use it 2 handed I don't see any valid gain from it. These weapons work 2 handed usually always better.

i get why they did it, breaking the shield and it not automatically switching to the 2 handed faster mode was awful and got me killed on many occasions, but the fix should be to switch to 2h when shield is broken, or switched out, automatically and still have the option to hit x to switch to the 1 handed longer but slower mode to throw off opponents or fight against different kind of weapons where i believe it is more suitable, to just disable the 1h feature just because you dont want to program the bastard sword to automatically enter 2 handed mode whenever the shield is dropped is taking away the beauty of being able to use the bastard sword in both the 1h and 2h options in combat which i think is a bad thing and should be corrected,

thank you for reading and commenting
I'm not sure how they implement that, but I guess the declaration as polearm in the current system is better if no fallback system like you describe it is in place and I argue against any rollback of it until they can provide the proper conditions for this to work without people getting ****ed over when the shield breaks.

i appreciate the bastard sword switching to 2h when you drop/break shield making it easier to use when you need it, but fighting against polearms its better to use the bastard sword with 1h for the range, and you can no longer use the bastard sword 1h when you press x (change weapon mode/couch)

please put it back into the game,

thank you
Same trouble here, its so annoying and the took some of our freedom in combat fights

Struggling multiplayer. Why not make yet another weapon obsolete? Big brain!!!
What? Most people who complain are good about the obsoleteness of a weapon are good at the game and thus play EU skirmish, I haven't seen any capable EU player complain about this. Is it obsolete for the smaller brain people among us?

What? Most people who complain are good about the obsoleteness of a weapon are good at the game and thus play EU skirmish, I haven't seen any capable EU player complain about this. Is it obsolete for the smaller brain people among us?
Instead of deleting something they could just have made it unshielded use of it as 2h primer and with pressing x you could have used it as 1h if someone wished to used it so. That would have also fixed bots using in it as 1h when their shields were broken or if they wanted to create an unit with bastard swords. Deleting something is never the best solution. We know it from banners, older videos for singleplayer, and the things we learnd from mexxico. It made this game feels like empty and unfinished. Same for mp and sp part of this game.

It is same as instead of fixing corpse count in options (they were not working) they deleted that option in options.
or i will give an another examples from Taleworlds itself.

I didn't tryed this modifier myself but if the weapon switches to hand for the shield haybe it is also posible to create 2 swords on hands combat ( there for they need to create attack and block animations for that too. But someone eventually try to do it ) and for me that would be better thing than shield blocking direction. Even if this is not working like that that is still a customization and a game mechanic having a weapon 2h or 1h and use it whatever hand you want. Game is not just hardcoring everyone has their own roleplay in their minds.

lets take a look at 2nd example

this thing is not a mod it is in singleplayer when you reach 240 skill points (maybe even higher or lower) you can unlock this ability. But we dont have this ability in Bannerlords multiplayer. mount&blade copys of Mordhau and Chivalry already haves that and thus they don't create a problem. As this thing tho this is just an game mechanic that stays in just singleplayer that i am pretty sure lots of sp people would not able to use it or master it. it stays dead. like hooked spear in sp https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=327073431935428.

Lots of people in mp veterans are combat nerds and we play the totaly downgraded version of the combat of this game. Neider it has funny and interesting mechanics of singleplayer neider it has the same armor calculation we have in singleplayer or in Warbands mp. it is Downgraded totaly from its roots to top.

Instead of deleting something they could just have made it unshielded use of it as 2h primer and with pressing x you could have used it as 1h if someone wished to used it so. That would have also fixed bots using in it as 1h when their shields were broken or if they wanted to create an unit with bastard swords. Deleting something is never the best solution. We know it from banners, older videos for singleplayer, and the things we learnd from mexxico. It made this game feels like empty and unfinished. Same for mp and sp part of this game.

It is same as instead of fixing corpse count in options (they were not working) they deleted that option in options.
or i will give an another examples from Taleworlds itself.

I didn't tryed this modifier myself but if the weapon switches to hand for the shield haybe it is also posible to create 2 swords on hands combat ( there for they need to create attack and block animations for that too. But someone eventually try to do it ) and for me that would be better thing than shield blocking direction. Even if this is not working like that that is still a customization and a game mechanic having a weapon 2h or 1h and use it whatever hand you want. Game is not just hardcoring everyone has their own roleplay in their minds.

lets take a look at 2nd example

this thing is not a mod it is in singleplayer when you reach 240 skill points (maybe even higher or lower) you can unlock this ability. But we dont have this ability in Bannerlords multiplayer. mount&blade copys of Mordhau and Chivalry already haves that and thus they don't create a problem. As this thing tho this is just an game mechanic that stays in just singleplayer that i am pretty sure lots of sp people would not able to use it or master it. it stays dead. like hooked spear in sp https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=327073431935428.

Lots of people in mp veterans are combat nerds and we play the totaly downgraded version of the combat of this game. Neider it has funny and interesting mechanics of singleplayer neider it has the same armor calculation we have in singleplayer or in Warbands mp. it is Downgraded totaly from its roots to top.

You completely miss my point, I never said I agree with removing it or that it should've been removed. I agree that it should've stayed with 2h as default.
Someone said the weapon is now obsolete in MP which is simply not true, the discussion was about the capability of the weapon not the feature.

Of course weapon should default to 2h when you drop shield. But that's no reason to get rid of x to use as 1hander again.

Enable again bastard swords to 1h without a shield... :sad:
I like not dying from still being in a 1h stance after losing my shield, thanks. Pressing X to change stances doesn't work half the time and i have gotten killed a few times just cuz i was trying to change stances.

Back
Top Bottom